illegals sue rancher and get his land.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...g-abuse19.html

this is an awesome precedent to set

Quote:

Migrants awarded vigilante's Ariz. ranch

Andrew Pollack
New York Times
Aug. 19, 2005 12:00 AM

DOUGLAS - Spent shells litter the ground at what is left of the firing range, and camouflage outfits still hang in a storeroom. Just a few months ago, this ranch was known as Camp Thunderbird, the headquarters of a paramilitary group that vowed to use force to keep illegal immigrants from sneaking across the border from Mexico.

Now, the 70-acre property about two miles from the border is being given to two immigrants the group caught trying to enter the United States illegally.

The land transfer satisfies judgments in a lawsuit in which the immigrants had claimed that Casey Nethercott, the owner of the ranch and a former leader of the vigilante group Ranch Rescue, had harmed them.

"Certainly it's poetic justice that these undocumented workers own this land," said Morris S. Dees Jr., chief trial counsel of the Southern Poverty Law Center in Montgomery, Ala., which represented the immigrants.

The surrender of the ranch comes as the governors of Arizona and New Mexico have declared states of emergency because of the influx of undocumented immigrants and related crime along the border.

Bill Dore, a Douglas resident briefly affiliated with Ranch Rescue and still active in the border-patrolling Minuteman Project, called the land transfer "ridiculous."

"The illegals are coming over here," Dore said. "They are getting the American property. Hell, I'd come over, too. Get some American property, make some money from the gringos."

The immigrants getting the ranch, Edwin Alfredo Mancia Gonzales and Fatima Del Socorro Leiva Medina, could not be reached for comment. Kelley Bruner, a lawyer at the law center, said they were happy.

Bruner said that Mancia and Leiva, from El Salvador but not related, would not live at the ranch and would probably sell it. Nethercott bought the ranch in 2003 for $120,000.

Mancia, who lives in Los Angeles, and Leiva, who lives in the Dallas area, have applied for visas available to immigrants who are the victims of certain crimes, Bruner said. Until a decision is made on their applications, they can stay and work in the United States.

Mancia and Leiva were caught on a ranch in Hebbronville, Texas, in March 2003 by Nethercott and other members of Ranch Rescue. The two immigrants later accused Nethercott of threatening them and of hitting Mancia with a pistol. The immigrants also said that the group gave them cookies, water and a blanket and let them go after an hour or so.

The Salvadorans testified against Nethercott when he was tried by Texas prosecutors. The jury deadlocked on a pistol-whipping charge but convicted Nethercott, who had previously served time in California for assault, of gun possession. He is serving a five-year sentence in Texas.

Mancia and Leiva also filed a lawsuit against Nethercott; Jack Foote, the founder of Ranch Rescue; and the owner of the Hebbronville ranch, Joe Sutton. The immigrants said the ordeal had left them with post-traumatic stress.

Sutton settled for $100,000. Nethercott and Foote did not defend themselves, so the judge issued default judgments of $850,000 against Nethercott and $500,000 against Foote.

Dees said Foote appeared to have no substantial assets, but Nethercott had the ranch. Shortly after the judgment, Nethercott gave the land to his sister, Robin Albitz of Prescott. The Southern Poverty Law Center sued the siblings, saying that the transfer was fraudulent and was meant to avoid the judgment. Albitz, a nursing assistant, signed over the land to the two immigrants last week.

"It scared the hell out of her," Margaret Pauline Nethercott, the mother of Nethercott and Albitz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 09:37 PM
I might, im drunk.......

And thats why ya shoot em
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 09:42 PM
That's my Ass

That bull shit the court systems are so messed up

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 06:33 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

WTF? I think this situation is about to get a huge back lash.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 06:42 AM
Lifer

That's why you kill them. If you bury your witnesses, they can't face you in court. Just ask the Mafia...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 07:20 AM
Lifer

1. Landowner tries to protect propery. Get's 5 years in jail.
2. Illegal Beaners file a pity ass lawsuit. Get's landowner's land.

Life makes no sense anymore. I hate beaners for shit like this and I hate the ass-backwards judicial system. Makes you wanna say fuck it and do whatever you want. Then kill the first motherfucker that get's in your way.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 03:48 PM

Damn, that makes me sick. The illegal problem is getting out of hand and the always too friendly US will just make it easier for them. Damn politics and politicians not wanting to hurt someones feelings. I blame sh*t head lawyers and their BS antics for this also. They can all go to hell.

Also, those scum bag illegals will now use that Ranch as a crossing point for safe haven for more illegal crap bags.

Last edited by WhtEdge; 08-20-2005 at 03:56 PM.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 06:13 PM
1995 Cobra #802

I still can't believe what i just read. It makes me sick to my stomach.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 06:17 PM
Lifer

Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
That is some fucking bullshit!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 06:27 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
WTF? I think this situation is about to get a huge back lash.
Yeah, those rulings sound rather bunk.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 12:01 AM

Angry cockgobblers!!

killem all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 12:12 AM
BANNED

Thats bullshit... Im tired of this country's liberal shit. We are so afraid of fucking hurting someones feelings that we hand them anything they want on a silver platter. They shouldn't have even had the right to a trial on us land until they become legal citizens. This country lets so many foreginers in. I go to college at Louisiana Tech. They pay foreign kids to go to school at universities and get an educationg. When they graduated they have government agencies to help them find a job. However, me the white kid who is working two summer jobs to pay for school on his own will have find a job on my own.... and then have the possibilty of hearing im overqualified because im white and companies have to meet a quota for non white workers. This country is ruining itself by the policies we make up. At the airport they will search an 80 year old lady and let the middle eastern guy thru. Im not racist.. but come on there has not been an 80 yr old white lady fly a plane into a building. Its not profiling if they are the ones doing it. And if it is profiling who gives a fuck ...do the wright thing to protect peoples lives not their feelings. Like i said im not being racists but some of this countries policies are just not right anymore.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green289cobra
Thats bullshit... Im tired of this country's liberal shit. We are so afraid of fucking hurting someones feelings that we hand them anything they want on a silver platter. They shouldn't have even had the right to a trial on us land until they become legal citizens. This country lets so many foreginers in. I go to college at Louisiana Tech. They pay foreign kids to go to school at universities and get an educationg. When they graduated they have government agencies to help them find a job. However, me the white kid who is working two summer jobs to pay for school on his own will have find a job on my own.... and then have the possibilty of hearing im overqualified because im white and companies have to meet a quota for non white workers. This country is ruining itself by the policies we make up. At the airport they will search an 80 year old lady and let the middle eastern guy thru. Im not racist.. but come on there has not been an 80 yr old white lady fly a plane into a building. Its not profiling if they are the ones doing it. And if it is profiling who gives a fuck ...do the wright thing to protect peoples lives not their feelings. Like i said im not being racists but some of this countries policies are just not right anymore.
I agree. The US is just becoming too damn nice and afraid to hurt peoples feelings instead of doing what makes sense. The older generations really hate it. The politics is way off beat. The minority handouts piss me off as well.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:56 PM

Wow thats crap.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 03:57 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhtEdge
I agree. The US is just becoming too damn nice and afraid to hurt peoples feelings instead of doing what makes sense. The older generations really hate it. The politics is way off beat. The minority handouts piss me off as well.

Well since the white community is now officially the minority in texas along with california, new mexico and washington d.c I'm gonna wander when i get the benefits of being a minority... oh yea im white... never!!!!!
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green289cobra
Well since the white community is now officially the minority in texas along with california, new mexico and washington d.c I'm gonna wander when i get the benefits of being a minority... oh yea im white... never!!!!!
No kidding. Hell, I was referred to as a cracker, gray boy, etc by some management at my old job. Never to my face but I overheard it. They were able to get away with it. You know if it was reversed I would catch hell and be out the door. Bunch of BS. I have also heard the same people saying it is ok for them to do that since the "white man" treated some minorities bad in the past. They need to get over it! That was then and it was not me. Ticks me off.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 11:44 PM

I'm from that part of the country. The precedent just set will be make sure they don't walk away or make sure you drive 'em out into the desert where its 80 miles to water. Most ranchers down there shoot first and ask questions later.

Trouble is, I'll bet the illegals weren't even Mexican. Most of them around there work in the US and go home every night. The truly sad part of it all is the first word in "ILLEGAL ALIEN" is "ILLEGAL" so what protection under our constituition are they entitltled anyway?
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 12:06 AM
Resident Pinstriper

Fuck that. Shoot the motherfuckers, dispose of body/weapon. How hard would it be to find a secluded place on 70 acres of land ?!?

A friend of my wife's lost a best friend because some fucking wetback criminals came up here and killed the kid, dumped his body, and stole his jewelry, money, and SUV with 20" wheels. Of course nothing was ever done about it.

When I worked at a retail store off of Webb Chapel/635, there were so many wetback fuckers that came in there that didn't speak a FUCKING WORD of English, and THEY would get mad at ME because they couldn't understand me.

-Aaron

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 04:55 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Luck
Fuck that. Shoot the motherfuckers, dispose of body/weapon. How hard would it be to find a secluded place on 70 acres of land ?!?

A friend of my wife's lost a best friend because some fucking wetback criminals came up here and killed the kid, dumped his body, and stole his jewelry, money, and SUV with 20" wheels. Of course nothing was ever done about it.

When I worked at a retail store off of Webb Chapel/635, there were so many wetback fuckers that came in there that didn't speak a FUCKING WORD of English, and THEY would get mad at ME because they couldn't understand me.

-Aaron
Who in the US would be looking for them in the US?
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Luck

No reason to dispose of a perfectly good weapon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement