A$ runs over crosses near Crawford protest site - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

A$$hole runs over crosses near Crawford protest site

It doesn't matter how you feel about the war, GWB, or her protest. This is so wrong is so many ways.

LINK HERE
CRAWFORD, United States (AFP) - A driver mowed down crosses bearing the names of US soldiers killed in Iraq in the latest act opposing peace activists outside President George W. Bush's ranch, the demonstrators said.

In the dark late Monday, the driver of the sports utility truck went onto the grassy side of the road to knock down the crosses which had been placed by activists supporting Cindy Sheehan, whose campaign against the Iraq war has drawn widespread publicity.

According to participants in the peace camp set up less than a kilometer (half a mile) from the entrance to Bush's ranch, the driver was detained by police and could face charges.

"He did not yell anything, he did not say anything, he just ran his truck over the crosses," said Charlie Anderson, a former US soldier in Iraq who has joined the activists.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 11:10 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Yes, he is a dumbass.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 11:13 AM
Worship me

Sounds to me like some redneck is sick of San Francisco hippie bullshit.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 11:16 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
Doesn't matter. He's still a dumbass.

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 11:18 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Yeah, that's pretty fucked up.

What happened to the good old days of throwing eggs and water balloons?

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 11:21 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayasuma
Yeah, that's pretty fucked up.

What happened to the good old days of throwing eggs and water balloons?
Or better yet, "practice" some Dove hunting to scare the shit out of the.

oh wait, that's been done

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
Oh I'll agree with that. I think I'd just build a large trebuchet next door and constanly pelt the peaceniks with cow manure... but that's just me, I've always wanted to build a piece of siege equipment as an engineering project.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 11:48 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 02:07 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Ok, My Thoughts: Yes, that's is REALLY low. The crosses were representing soldiers who have died for freedom. That's just wrong.

The Rednecks Reasoning: They were not crosses representing soldiers who have died. They were devices used to exploit the deaths of our soldiers by the Bitching Liberals. That's just wrong.

Are we really suprised that there is a clash with the protesters and the Bush Country residents? LOL

I still don't advocate any protesting that is going on down there, whether it be protesting Bush, or protesting the protestors. Can't these shit heads use the time, money, and resources to help the needey? (sp?) Make a REAL impact on other people's lives in this world? They're such a waste.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 02:11 PM

WHAT A LITTLE BITCH! he should be deported to iraq for some first hand expierence.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 02:21 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:

Thanks once again Al for proving even when not needed you can say something really really stupid. That guy was wrong no matter his reason he dishonored our fallen troops.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Ok, My Thoughts: Yes, that's is REALLY low. The crosses were representing soldiers who have died for freedom. That's just wrong.

The Rednecks Reasoning: They were not crosses representing soldiers who have died. They were devices used to exploit the deaths of our soldiers by the Bitching Liberals. That's just wrong.

Are we really suprised that there is a clash with the protesters and the Bush Country residents? LOL

I still don't advocate any protesting that is going on down there, whether it be protesting Bush, or protesting the protestors. Can't these shit heads use the time, money, and resources to help the needey? (sp?) Make a REAL impact on other people's lives in this world? They're such a waste.

I call BS those crosses were set there to represent a fallen soldier. I don't think I'd like to have a bunch demonstrators camped near me causing problems but I wouldn't run over a cross bearing a soldiers name period.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 02:53 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
Thanks once again Al for proving even when not needed you can say something really really stupid. That guy was wrong no matter his reason he dishonored our fallen troops.
Did you actually read the whole thread dumbass or just up to that point?
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 08:10 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
I call BS those crosses were set there to represent a fallen soldier.
Do you know nothing about this story? The crosses had NAMES of DEAD SOLDIERS on them. They weren't crosses for people who have died in car accidents at that particular intersection.

Try to sell stupid somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Did you actually read the whole thread dumbass or just up to that point?
No I read your second post also I just felt the need to point out how you always find a way to prove you're an ass.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Lifer

while they may represent fallen soldiers they are NOT the graves of the soldiers. Some tard they interviewed said the graves were desecrated.....sorry not buying that, shitty thing to do yes but lets not go overboard.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Pogue Mahone!!!!!!

this guy should have run over all the crosses that are put up all over the streets and highways. I am tired of looking at them. Go to the cemetary. If we put up a cross where everyone dies; the earth would be covered many times over.

I think this guy was wrong/an idiot for what he did. Everyone has the right to protest and any way they want.

1951 Ford business Coupe / 2001 Ram Cummins/ '77 Scout Traveler 4x4 / '82 Big window Mont / '67 Mustang coupe/'31 Model A Coupe

Obama = too much government = unAmerican
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 11:10 PM
DFWS

down here in arkansas we have problems with kids timping over tombstones.......some of these graves are hundreds of years old............................................... ..its just wrong and immural thing to do............these people should be punished firmly from the law not to mention they should write apologies to the dead members families....................
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 11:14 PM
DFWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slncoupe
It doesn't matter how you feel about the war, GWB, or her protest. This is so wrong is so many ways.

LINK HERE
CRAWFORD, United States (AFP) - A driver mowed down crosses bearing the names of US soldiers killed in Iraq in the latest act opposing peace activists outside President George W. Bush's ranch, the demonstrators said.

In the dark late Monday, the driver of the sports utility truck went onto the grassy side of the road to knock down the crosses which had been placed by activists supporting Cindy Sheehan, whose campaign against the Iraq war has drawn widespread publicity.

According to participants in the peace camp set up less than a kilometer (half a mile) from the entrance to Bush's ranch, the driver was detained by police and could face charges.

"He did not yell anything, he did not say anything, he just ran his truck over the crosses," said Charlie Anderson, a former US soldier in Iraq who has joined the activists.

hang him high..........................
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 08:04 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Oh I'll agree with that. I think I'd just build a large trebuchet next door and constanly pelt the peaceniks with cow manure... but that's just me, I've always wanted to build a piece of siege equipment as an engineering project.
My brother and his team built a trebuchet for their high school project. That thing would hurl a lead ball about 300 yards. And it was pretty accurate too.
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 12:01 PM
DFWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up
My brother and his team built a trebuchet for their high school project. That thing would hurl a lead ball about 300 yards. And it was pretty accurate too.

thats sweet...........
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 02:11 PM
Meeeeooowww

Those crosses were put up for protest against the president by crazy cindy.

post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Worship me

Quote:
No I read your second post also I just felt the need to point out how you always find a way to prove you're an ass.
I do it all just for you, sweetcheeks....
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Meeeeooowww

By ANGELA K. BROWN, Associated Press Writer
2 hours, 58 minutes ago

CRAWFORD, Texas - A patriotic camp with a "God Bless Our President!" banner sprung up downtown Saturday, countering the anti-war demonstration started by a fallen soldier's mother two weeks ago near President Bush's ranch.

ADVERTISEMENT

The camp is named "Fort Qualls," in memory of Marine Lance Cpl. Louis Wayne Qualls, 20, who died in Iraq last fall.

"If I have to sacrifice my whole family for the sake of our country and world, other countries that want freedom, I'll do that," said the soldier's father, Gary Qualls, a friend of the local business owner who started the pro-Bush camp. He said his 16-year-old son now wants to enlist, and he supports that decision.

Qualls' frustration with the anti-war demonstrators erupted last week when he removed a cross bearing his son's name that was among hundreds the group had put up along the road to Bush's ranch.

Qualls called the protesters' views disrespectful to soldiers, and said he had to yank out two more crosses after protesters kept replacing them.

Cindy Sheehan, whose 24-year-old son, Army Spc. Casey Sheehan, died last year in Iraq, started the anti-war demonstration along the roadside on Aug. 6. "Camp Casey" has since grown to about 100 core participants, and hundreds more from across the nation have visited.

Sheehan vowed to remain there until Bush agreed to meet with her or until his monthlong vacation ended, but she flew to Los Angeles last week after her 74-year-old mother had a stroke. Her mother has some paralysis but is in good spirits, and if she improves, Sheehan may return to Texas in a few days, some demonstrators said.

In her absence, the rest of the group will keep camping out for the unlikely chance to question the president about the war that has claimed the lives of about 1,850 U.S. soldiers.

Bush has said he sympathizes with Sheehan but won't change his schedule to meet with her. She and other families met with Bush about two months after Casey Sheehan died, before she became a vocal opponent of the war.

Large counter-protests were held in a ditch near Sheehan's site a week after she arrived, and since then, a few Bush supporters have stood in the sun holding signs for several hours each day.

Bill Johnson, a local gift shop owner who created "Fort Qualls," said he wanted to offer a larger, more convenient place for Bush supporters to gather.

He and others at "Fort Qualls" have asked for a debate with those at the Crawford Peace House, which is helping Sheehan.

It's unclear if that will happen. But a member of Gold Star Families for Peace, co-founded by Sheehan and comprised of relatives of fallen soldiers, said her group would not participate.

"We're asking for a meeting with the president, period," said Michelle DeFord, whose 37-year-old son, Sgt. David W. Johnson, was in the Army National Guard from Oregon when he was killed in Iraq last fall. "We don't want to debate with people who don't understand our point of view."

post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 02:07 PM
I'm going Commando

Man it would be so funny if Pres. Bush went to Camp Casey when Cindy Sheehan wasn't there!
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 02:15 PM
Banned

Location: If I listened to you, i would have a mustang just like yours!
that dumb bitch is a fucking moron
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAN
Those crosses were put up for protest against the president by crazy cindy.
ditto, those crosses were set up to protest the war, not to honor fallen soldiers.

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 04:30 PM

also, a brother of one of the soldiers who's name appeared on the crosses cindy sheehan had put up, tried to take the cross down because he didn't want his brother's name to be a part of her protesting.......he was circled by the protestors and damn near assaulted according to a report on the news the other day
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattica
damn near assaulted
Do mean to tell me that they almost said something bad to him?
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 11:24 PM

The running over of the crosses was just plain disrespectful whatever the motivation may have been. The folks wose names were on those crosses believed the were fighting to preserve the rights of all americans regardless of whatever protest group is voicing their opinion. Free speech, a powerful tool.

Whether whatername camped out in Crawford even deserves the press she is getting is irrelevant. If they are exploiting those who will never come home to further their own agendas, that is something they eventually will have to live with.

Presidents from the right and left have guide various escalations of major armed conficts. Dems: WWII, Vietnam Reps: Korea, Iraq (x2) so history demonstrates this is not a Liberal vs. Conservative issue.

The fact remain that the Isalmic extremist does not care if they die. They believe it will glorify them. They have demonstrated in rather graphic fashion the ends they will go to in pursuit of martyrdom. 9/11, Spain, London, the countless numbers of their own in the Sunni vs Shiite confilct. If we do not shut them down now, where are the next car bombs? Parks in Arlington, Northeast, Towneast, worse?

So to those who protest, I respect your right to do so, but please do not attempt to assume that "brining the troops home" will solve a damn thing other than how far they have to fly the bodies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement