Good for the husband of Cindy Sheehan - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Good for the husband of Cindy Sheehan

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050816/...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl

That mother that is protesting in Crawford, well her husband is divorcing her ass. It's also been reported that her family has been telling her to STFU. They're mad at her for exploiting her son's death and I couldn't agree more. Her husband has said "she's lost it". Good to know these liberals really are of sound mind. LOL

At first I really didn't have a problem with this woman when it was just her by herself, but now that she's gone on board with the anti-war bandwagoners, she's been pissing me off.

I love the ad where she says: "Mr. President, you lied to us." WTF??? I don't remember anyone making a commercial saying that when Clinton lied to us? And too bad, he ACTUALLY lied.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 10:55 AM

The two were separated before she went to protest in Crawford.

When did her husband say she lost it? He acknowledged their separation but for the most part... he has declined to comment on his wife's activities. Her in-laws, on the other hand, do not agree with her protest.

REALITY CHECK. Is the separation of a family really something to gloat about? I don't wish divorce on anyone.

It's pretty common for couples who have suffered the loss of a child to separate.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 11:01 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

I only feel pity for Sheehan. She lost her kid and now it seems to me that she's just completely lost it.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slncoupe
The two were separated before she went to protest in Crawford.

When did her husband say she lost it? He acknowledged their separation but for the most part... he has declined to comment on his wife's activities. Her in-laws, on the other hand, do not agree with her protest.

REALITY CHECK. Is the separation of a family really something to gloat about? I don't wish divorce on anyone.

It's pretty common for couples who have suffered the loss of a child to separate.
Some lady from California camps out in the middle of Texas to meet with the president and you don't think she's practically insane? LMAO
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 11:22 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

My beef with this whole thing is that she's blaming the President for it all.

HELLO?!?!

Lady, your son signed up for the armed forces. Did you really think that it's just there so boys can become men, get an education and trained in a skill of their liking?

FUCK NO!! That's why it's call the ARMED FORCES

Now, I'm against the war as well. But I wouldn't go blaming the president for killing my son. That's plain stupid.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 11:34 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayasuma
My beef with this whole thing is that she's blaming the President for it all.

HELLO?!?!

Lady, your son signed up for the armed forces. Did you really think that it's just there so boys can become men, get an education and trained in a skill of their liking?

FUCK NO!! That's why it's call the ARMED FORCES

Now, I'm against the war as well. But I wouldn't go blaming the president for killing my son. That's plain stupid.
Wait a second, that would mean she has to blame her son for signing up instead of someone she has built up to be an evil dictator. That simply won't do. Exposing extreme left wing peacniks to personal responsibility is like exposing a vampire to sunlight, they could very well burst into flames.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 12:26 PM
Lifer

I really think she has the right to voice her opinion, but joining the anti-war movement AFTER her son died is pretty hypocritical. Now, if she has protested the war from the beginning, I guess she is at least consistent. Still wrong for blaming Bush for her son's death, but a consistent protestor.

BTW, I heard mention that she has spoken to the President before, but that doesn't get mentioned by the mainstream media. Does anyone know if she is requesting a second meeting or would this be the first?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 01:15 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
I really think she has the right to voice her opinion, but joining the anti-war movement AFTER her son died is pretty hypocritical. Now, if she has protested the war from the beginning, I guess she is at least consistent. Still wrong for blaming Bush for her son's death, but a consistent protestor.

BTW, I heard mention that she has spoken to the President before, but that doesn't get mentioned by the mainstream media. Does anyone know if she is requesting a second meeting or would this be the first?
She has met with him before but that was before we figured out all this intelligence wasn't all that good. Now she insists on meeting with him again. Like Bush was out in the field collecting intelligence and personally fucked it up.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Time Served

YES, CINDY SHEEHAN CHANGED HER STORY

By Michelle Malkin · August 13, 2005 08:19 AM

You have to scroll all the way down to the 18th paragraph in this front-page Washington Post article, but there it is--an acknowledgement that Cindy Sheehan has changed her account of her first meeting with President Bush, which occurred two months after her son's death in April 2004:

After the meeting, [Cindy Sheehan] was quoted by the newspaper in her hometown of Vacaville, Calif., as saying that the president seemed sympathetic. Subsequently, she has said that Bush treated her callously during the meeting.
Sheehan's shifting account of her meeting with Bush was reported by Matt Drudge five days ago.

For those of you who haven't followed the story closely, here's the complete report in Sheehan's hometown newspaper from June 24, 2004:

Since learning in April that their son, Army Spc. Casey Sheehan, had been killed in Iraq, life has been everything but normal for the Sheehan family of Vacaville.
Casey's parents, Cindy and Patrick, as well as their three children, have attended event after event honoring the soldier both locally and abroad, received countless letters of support and fielded questions from reporters across the country.

"That's the way our whole lives have been since April 4," Patrick said. "It's been surreal."

But none of that prepared the family for the message left on their answering machine last week, inviting them to have a face-to-face meeting with President George W. Bush at Fort Lewis near Seattle.

Surreal soon seemed like an understatement, as the Sheehans - one of 17 families who met Thursday with Bush - were whisked in a matter of days to the Army post and given the VIP treatment from the military. But as their meeting with the president approached, the family was faced with a dilemma as to what to say when faced with Casey's commander-in-chief.

"We haven't been happy with the way the war has been handled," Cindy said. "The president has changed his reasons for being over there every time a reason is proven false or an objective reached."

The 10 minutes of face time with the president could have given the family a chance to vent their frustrations or ask Bush some of the difficult questions they have been asking themselves, such as whether Casey's sacrifice would make the world a safer place.

But in the end, the family decided against such talk, deferring to how they believed Casey would have wanted them to act. In addition, Pat noted that Bush wasn't stumping for votes or trying to gain a political edge for the upcoming election.

"We have a lot of respect for the office of the president, and I have a new respect for him because he was sincere and he didn't have to take the time to meet with us," Pat said.

Sincerity was something Cindy had hoped to find in the meeting. Shortly after Casey died, Bush sent the family a form letter expressing his condolences, and Cindy said she felt it was an impersonal gesture.

"I now know he's sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis," Cindy said after their meeting. "I know he's sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of faith."

The meeting didn't last long, but in their time with Bush, Cindy spoke about Casey and asked the president to make her son's sacrifice count for something. They also spoke of their faith.

While meeting with Bush, as well as Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, was an honor, it was almost a tangent benefit of the trip. The Sheehans said they enjoyed meeting the other families of fallen soldiers, sharing stories, contact information, grief and support.

For some, grief was still visceral and raw, while for others it had melted into the background of their lives, the pain as common as breathing. Cindy said she saw her reflection in the troubled eyes of each.

"It's hard to lose a son," she said. "But we (all) lost a son in the Iraqi war."

The trip had one benefit that none of the Sheehans expected.

For a moment, life returned to the way it was before Casey died. They laughed, joked and bickered playfully as they briefly toured Seattle.

For the first time in 11 weeks, they felt whole again.

"That was the gift the president gave us, the gift of happiness, of being together," Cindy said.

Now, here's what Sheehan told CNN last weekend (Sunday, August 7, 2005) about her meeting with Bush last year, according to a transcript on Nexis:

It was -- you know, there was a lot of things said. We wanted to use the time for him to know that he killed an indispensable part of our family and humanity. And we wanted him to look at the pictures of Casey.
He wouldn't look at the pictures of Casey. He didn't even know Casey's name. He came in the room and the very first thing he said is, "So who are we honoring here?" He didn't even know Casey's name. He didn't want to hear it. He didn't want to hear anything about Casey. He wouldn't even call him "him" or "he." He called him "your loved one."

Every time we tried to talk about Casey and how much we missed him, he would change the subject. And he acted like it was a party.

Liberals continue to claim hysterically that it is a right-wing "lie" that Sheehan changed her story about her meeting with Bush. Guess the Post is now a member of the VRWC.

On a related note, liberal Seattle Post-Intelligencer columnist Robert Jamieson candidly criticizes Mrs. Sheehan's insincerity:

Trouble is Sheehan is not sincerely interested in meeting Bush for a private, heartfelt chat about her understandable anguish and lingering questions.
She wants to make a public splash by allowing critics of the unjustified war in Iraq to use her as a human bazooka against Bush, who got us into this war mess.

That Sheehan would allow her private grief to be plied for a public stunt seems unfathomable even if her underlying message about unnecessary blood being shed by American soldiers hits the mark.

Sheehan already got face time with the president, right here in Western Washington last year -- a fact that folks tend to ignore as Sheehan morphs into the celebrity du jour...

Read the whole thing. I'm sure Mr. Jamieson's mailbox is going to getting very ugly very soon. If you'd like to balance out the hate with a note of encouragement, his e-mail address is [email protected].
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 06:57 PM
Lifer

Damn good post blownragtop. Man that is pretty bad when other libs attack you. LOL!

And Al, did you have to throw in "intelligence" twice? LOL!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 07:33 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

no wish for bad to her

Cindy Sheean is clearly being used without any concern for her mental status. I feel like she's been brainwashed and used by the left AND the media. She clearly has decreased cognative abilities that have been affected by her sons death and her need to place blame on persons she can connect to. Her son Casey believed in what he was doing and he re-enlisted for a second 4 years so he could be a part of effecting change in the world and freeing millions from a despot ruler as well as protecting his homeland. If the terrorists weren't attracted to Iraq they would make every effort to come to America. Liberty and freedom in America has been based on the blood of patriots throughout it's history. Casey is one of those patriots and his mother can never accept the reason for that sacrifice. I feel sorry for her and am pained for all patriots lives lost.

Cindy, enjoy your freedom, your son died for it.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyro
Cindy Sheean is clearly being used without any concern for her mental status. I feel like she's been brainwashed and used by the left AND the media. She clearly has decreased cognative abilities that have been affected by her sons death and her need to place blame on persons she can connect to. Her son Casey believed in what he was doing and he re-enlisted for a second 4 years so he could be a part of effecting change in the world and freeing millions from a despot ruler as well as protecting his homeland. If the terrorists weren't attracted to Iraq they would make every effort to come to America. Liberty and freedom in America has been based on the blood of patriots throughout it's history. Casey is one of those patriots and his mother can never accept the reason for that sacrifice. I feel sorry for her and am pained for all patriots lives lost.

Cindy, enjoy your freedom, your son died for it.
Another in a long list of great posts by you.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 05:40 AM

From what I have read, Cindy Sheehan has not changed her story. You are incorrect.

A lot of fuss has been made by FOX and it's correspondents about how she changed her story.

Media Matters has covered it. and how FOX miscontrued it.

You can read about here.... http://mediamatters.org/items/200508100009

Here is the whole article everyone keeps on pulling their quotes from.
It was printed in THE REPORTER on JUNE 24, 2004. It is her home newspaper in Vacaville, California.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since learning in April that their son, Army Spc. Casey Sheehan, had been killed in Iraq, life has been everything but normal for the Sheehan family of Vacaville.
Casey's parents, Cindy and Patrick, as well as their three children, have attended event after event honoring the soldier both locally and abroad, received countless letters of support and fielded questions from reporters across the country.

"That's the way our whole lives have been since April 4," Patrick said. "It's been surreal."

But none of that prepared the family for the message left on their answering machine last week, inviting them to have a face-to-face meeting with President George W. Bush at Fort Lewis

Surreal soon seemed like an understatement, as the Sheehans - one of 17 families who met Thursday with Bush - were whisked in a matter of days to the Army post and given the VIP treatment from the military. But as their meeting with the president approached, the family was faced with a dilemma as to what to say when faced with Casey's commander-in-chief.

"We haven't been happy with the way the war has been handled," Cindy said. "The president has changed his reasons for being over there every time a reason is proven false or an objective reached."

The 10 minutes of face time with the president could have given the family a chance to vent their frustrations or ask Bush some of the difficult questions they have been asking themselves, such as whether Casey's sacrifice would make the world a safer place.

But in the end, the family decided against such talk, deferring to how they believed Casey would have wanted them to act. In addition, Pat noted that Bush wasn't stumping for votes or trying to gain a political edge for the upcoming election.

"We have a lot of respect for the office of the president, and I have a new respect for him because he was sincere and he didn't have to take the time to meet with us," Pat said.

Sincerity was something Cindy had hoped to find in the meeting. Shortly after Casey died, Bush sent the family a form letter expressing his condolences, and Cindy said she felt it was an impersonal gesture.

"I now know he's sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis," Cindy said after their meeting. "I know he's sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of faith."

The meeting didn't last long, but in their time with Bush, Cindy spoke about Casey and asked the president to make her son's sacrifice count for something. They also spoke of their faith.

While meeting with Bush, as well as Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, was an honor, it was almost a tangent benefit of the trip. The Sheehans said they enjoyed meeting the other families of fallen soldiers, sharing stories, contact information, grief and support.

For some, grief was still visceral and raw, while for others it had melted into the background of their lives, the pain as common as breathing. Cindy said she saw her reflection in the troubled eyes of each.

"It's hard to lose a son," she said. "But we (all) lost a son in the Iraqi war."

The trip had one benefit that none of the Sheehans expected.

For a moment, life returned to the way it was before Casey died. They laughed, joked and bickered playfully as they briefly toured Seattle.

For the first time in 11 weeks, they felt whole again.

"That was the gift the president gave us, the gift of happiness, of being together," Cindy said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The editor of the newspaper wrote a response on August 9th, 2005 to address the mediastorm created over her initial meeting, and the initial article.

You can find it here......

http://www.thereporter.com/news/ci_2925925
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Yeah, I don't know if she "changed her story". She pretty much choked once the President came in the Room. Everyone does this. Now then, what she told that reporter in 2004 and what he chose to write could be two completly different things.

Bottom line, she's pulling a George Castanza (sp?), she choked under pressure and wants a second chance to say what she wanted to say. But now she's been listening so much to the wrong people to the point that she'll never get the meeting she wants.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Worship me

What is the point of her meeting him again anyway, so she can "demand" that the soldiers be brought home. Like that is going to do anything.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 09:09 AM
IA2

Jyro said it well. Her anger and grief have taken her way past "the edge". I feel sorry for her loss but I also feel that her son would be appalled at the way she's acting and the things she's saying. He volunteered to go to Iraq, and volunteered to go on the rescue mission where he was killed (according to hannity he was a mechanic and was not required to go under fire). These are the actions of a true patriot.

She wants something from Bush that he cannot possibly give her.

Her alignment with the other left wing nuts just adds more tragedy to her story.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 10:06 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slncoupe
From what I have read, Cindy Sheehan has not changed her story. You are incorrect.
Sorry, I'm confused. Is she still saying all this?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Because from what I've seen, she's not saying those same things anymore. All I hear is how GWB MURDERED her son.. Gimme a break dude, if you really believe she hasn't changed her tune.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 10:32 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
What is the point of her meeting him again anyway, so she can "demand" that the soldiers be brought home. Like that is going to do anything.
I agree. What is she going to acomplish by meeting with the President, nothing. She has no input in to foreign policy except during election time.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 10:35 AM
Racist....that means you!

I have never heard of a person that met with Bush and had a conversation with him say that he was faking it or going through the motions. Everything I have heard is that he is genuine and sincere. I don't think that he fakes any sadness over family losses, i think he is an honest Texan with our concerns in mind.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 09:27 PM
PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
I have never heard of a person that met with Bush and had a conversation with him say that he was faking it or going through the motions. Everything I have heard is that he is genuine and sincere. I don't think that he fakes any sadness over family losses, i think he is an honest Texan with our concerns in mind.
I breached security at TMS the year he started the race and met him after the drivers meeting in the garage area. Talked to him for about 5 minutes, and he was real. And not even close to being the dumbass the media portrays.

Damned good guy, I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
Some lady from California camps out in the middle of Texas to meet with the president and you don't think she's practically insane? LMAO
LMAO. If going from Ca to the heat of middle Texas isn't a reality check...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement