Lt. gov. crashed Marine's funeral - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Lt. gov. crashed Marine's funeral

PA Lt. Gov goes to the funeral of a fallen Marine... hands out her business cards and then tells family members, "'I want you to know our government is against this war."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05204/542520.stm

Quote:
Lt. gov. crashed Marine's funeral, kin say
Saturday, July 23, 2005

By Tom Barnes, Post-Gazette Harrisburg Bureau

The family of a Marine who was killed in Iraq is furious with Lt. Gov. Catherine Baker Knoll for showing up uninvited at his funeral this week, handing out her business card and then saying "our government" is against the war.

Rhonda Goodrich of Indiana, Pa., said yesterday that a funeral was held Tuesday at a church in Carnegie for her brother-in-law, Staff Sgt. Joseph Goodrich, 32.

She said he "died bravely and courageously in Iraq on July 10, serving his country."

In a phone interview, Goodrich said the funeral service was packed with people "who wanted to tell his family how Joe had impacted their lives."

Then, suddenly, "one uninvited guest made an appearance, Catherine Baker Knoll."

She sat down next to a Goodrich family member and, during the distribution of communion, said, "Who are you?" Then she handed the family member one of her business cards, which Goodrich said she still has.

"Knoll felt this was an appropriate time to campaign and impose her will on us," Goodrich said. "I am amazed and disgusted Knoll finds a Marine funeral a prime place to campaign."

Goodrich said she is positive that Knoll was not invited to the funeral, which was jammed with Marines in dress uniform and police officers, because the fallen Marine had been a policeman in McKeesport and Indiana County.

"Our family deserves an apology," Rhonda Goodrich said. "Here you have a soldier who was killed -- dying for his country -- in a church full of grieving family members and she shows up uninvited. It made a mockery of Joey's death."

What really upset the family, Goodrich said, is that Knoll said, 'I want you to know our government is against this war,' " Goodrich said.

She said she is going to seek an answer from Gov. Ed Rendell's administration if it opposes the fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Knoll was traveling yesterday, away from the Capitol, and couldn't be reached. But an aide said she "extends condolences to all families who have lost loved ones" serving in the military.

Without having talked to her, the aide, who asked not to be named, said, "The family members of fallen soldiers are in our hearts and prayers. Our prayers go out to their loved ones in their hour of grief."

Asked to comment on Goodrich's complaints about Knoll's conduct at the funeral, the aide said that "would be inappropriate."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 09:10 AM
Lifer

That is a damn shame.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 12:45 PM
Still Slow

fuckin bitch needs to get her ass kicked for that....

94 RX7:T56, LS1

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 12:48 PM
Banned

Little inappropriate.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 12:48 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

stupid fuckin bitch

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 01:05 PM
OC
Lifer

That is the ultimate in bad taste, and plain stupidity.

I wonder when elections are?, cause if they are soon she should lose this one when the word gets out.

PA used to be one of the biggest states for the military to come out of, and when their family members here about this they should vote her ass out of office.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 02:52 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

typical liberal mindset

http://www.governor.state.pa.us/gove...=1112&Q=437769

NAACP, unions, school teacher.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyro
I agree with the typical liberal mindset comment, but of course if I said it, 01WC would be all over me. LOL!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 04:09 PM

Ewww...see that picture of her! She was probably trying to get a date.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 10:06 PM
Time Served

i say let send her stupid ass to the sandbox.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement