Police Kill Man at London Subway Station - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Police Kill Man at London Subway Station

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/britain_u...kxBHNlYwN0bQ--
Quote:
LONDON - Plainclothes police chased a man in a thick coat through a subway station, wrestled him to the floor and shot him to death in front of stunned commuters Friday. Police said the shooting was "directly linked" to the investigations of the bomb attacks on London's transit system.
Our soldiers are accused of flushing a quran and the world is in an up roar. Israel does the same thing as british police to protect Israelis and there is world condenation. Where is the outrage for the lack of basic human rights, by international organizations? Gulag anyone?

I think Europe is going to be singing a different tune the next time Israel has to bust some heads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4706913.stm

Quote:
I saw Tube man shot - eyewitness
A passenger has told how he saw armed police officers shoot a man dead on a Tube train at Stockwell.
Mark Whitby said: "I was sitting on the train... I heard a load of noise, people saying, 'Get out, get down'.

"I saw an Asian guy. He ran on to the train, he was hotly pursued by three plain clothes officers, one of them was wielding a black handgun.

"He half tripped... they pushed him to the floor and basically unloaded five shots into him," he told BBC News 24.

"As [the suspect] got onto the train I looked at his face, he looked sort of left and right, but he basically looked like a cornered rabbit, a cornered fox.

"He looked absolutely petrified and then he sort of tripped, but they were hotly pursuing him, [they] couldn't have been any more than two or three feet behind him at this time and he half tripped and was half pushed to the floor and the policeman nearest to me had the black automatic pistol in his left hand.

"He held it down to the guy and unloaded five shots into him.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 01:23 PM
not exclude

Well, the current powers that be have created a very powerful "if you aren't with us, you're against us" aura. Making it harder to speak out against something in a constructive manner. Those who do, no matter their stance, are near instantaneously labeled a radical...or even worse, the modern slur that is the L word.

However, I don't see anything in either of those articles about why the police were chasing him in the first place. Hell, maybe they identified bricks of C4 in his jacket. Either way, I'm fairly positive it's not protocol and there will be punishment. Whether it was warranted or not...who yet knows?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement