People love to sue!! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

People love to sue!!

Alright, this is just stupid and I can't believe its actually going to happen. I'll let you read the article and you tell me if this isn't the stupidest sh*t. I take that back, the lady who sued McDonalds is the b*tch of them all! My question is this...Why doesn't he sue his parents? They rented the place and exposed him to this problem.

Wis. Court Lets Teen Sue Lead Paint Makers
Friday, July 15, 2005 11:56 AM EDT
The Associated Press
By JR ROSS

A 15-year-old boy can sue the makers of lead paint for his injuries even though he can't prove which ones produced paint that may have made him sick, a split Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled Friday.

One of the dissenting judges complained the decision would make it nearly impossibly for paint companies to defend themselves against similar complaints and would make Wisconsin "the mecca for lead paint suits."

Still, the court's 4-2 ruling allows 15-year-old Steven Thomas to continue with his lawsuit against companies that manufactured lead paint. Thomas claims he ingested lead paint at two homes he lived in as a toddler that were built in 1900 and 1905, leading to mild but permanent retardation.

Defendants include the Sherwin-Williams Co., ConAgra Grocery Products Co., American Cyanamid Co., Atlantic Richfield Co., E.I. DuPont De Nemours and Co., NL Industries Inc. and SCM Chemicals Inc.

Attorneys representing Thomas and the paint companies did not immediately return calls Friday.

The court extended the "risk contribution theory" to lead paint manufacturers. That principle holds that those who can't trace their injuries to a specific company can still collect damages if they can prove a product was dangerous, it created their injuries, the defendant marketed or produced it, and negligently produced or marketed it.

The majority ruled the paint manufacturers knew for decades that lead paint posed a threat to the public but continued to manufacture it anyway.

The court also ruled Thomas could sue the manufacturers even though he has already received more than $324,000 from the landlords of the two homes where he believed he was sickened.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 01:51 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

He already blamed the landlords, next the paint companies, who next? How about his parents that forced him to live in that condition, even decades after it has been widely known that lead is bad for kids?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 01:53 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDMike
Still, the court's 4-2 ruling allows 15-year-old Steven Thomas to continue with his lawsuit against companies that manufactured lead paint. Thomas claims he ingested lead paint at two homes he lived in as a toddler that were built in 1900 and 1905, leading to mild but permanent retardation.

[/U]
Sherwin-Williams' lawyers are probablly going, "Fuck him, let him sue, he's a fucking retard!"

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Meeeeooowww

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Sherwin-Williams' lawyers are probablly going, "Fuck him, let him sue, he's a fucking retard!"
For $25 I will hit him with a baseball.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 05:32 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Ask Sherwin Williams....

They'll probably tell ya.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement