Corporate Jobs contracting in foreign countrys - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Go Rangers!!

Corporate Jobs contracting in foreign countrys

What does everyone think about all the major corporate companies hiring all these vendors in foreign country's who work for very little and take American jobs????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 06:58 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Number crunchers make it seem like the best thing since sliced bread but customer service goes down.

On the bright side, out sourcing accounting jobs is on the rise. So now is payback time.

BTW, I work for a foreign company, so I am insourced.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 08:58 AM
IA2

There are three schools of thought that i've seen.

The first school of thought comes from businesses that engage in it. They see it as a way to cut costs, and don't care about the side effects. They look at the bottom line and stock value. That's the ugly underbelly of capitalism.

The second school of thought comes from certain business analysts. I have seen glowing writeups from them that claim that there will be a "wraparound" effect where the money we are spending in foreign countries will allow those countries to do more business with the US. This may be true; I understand that some of the larger indian consulting companies are now shopping to buy certain US companies in order to expand their presence in the US

The third school of thought of course comes from the people being directly displaced by this activity or whose industry is being affected by it.

I see it as an artifact of the "global economy" and currently as a bad effect on the US economy. People losing jobs or working for less generate less tax dollars for the government and have less money to spend. The US economy, after all, does run on consumer spending.

I also see a "resource drain" as the US moves it's crown jewels offshore; namely manufacturing and engineering jobs & know-how. I see the US weakening it's own economy by exporting these resources to other countries and creating competition from those we've enabled. And they can do it cheaper than we can. It started with manufacturing in the 60's and now it's in full swing with white collar jobs.

This mainly impacts the middle class. I see people in the middle class being slowly squeezed lower and lower on the totem pole as they lose high paying jobs and are forced to take lesser paying jobs.

The key to surviving this for the middle class person is going to be education and ambition. Gone are the days where a person could easily get a great paying job with just a hgh school education.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 10:19 PM
OC
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
This mainly impacts the middle class. I see people in the middle class being slowly squeezed lower and lower on the totem pole as they lose high paying jobs and are forced to take lesser paying jobs.

The key to surviving this for the middle class person is going to be education and ambition. Gone are the days where a person could easily get a great paying job with just a hgh school education.
Good analysis, I see us headed to being just like Mexico. Poor and Wealthy, no middle class. The funny part is that the Middle Classes luxury spending is what drives the US Economy.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 10:58 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

I think people need to to focus on what is real.

I can gaurantee mysel my "job" won't be outsourced. Neither can the 15+ people that work for me.

Make youself valuable and you don't have to be concerned.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 09:00 AM

I think the outsourcing is BS. While some companies do it to remain competitive and to remain in business due to high operating costs in the US I believe the main problem is greed. We are selling our backbone to other countries. The US will only have a rich and a poor class sometime in the near future. At least I think so. It seems nobody cares about the future of the country and are just concerned for the time being. What happens when other countries become a larger super power than the US?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement