Cowboy Stadium Eminent Domain - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Cowboy Stadium Eminent Domain

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....55c5ccde.html

Quote:
Dana Berliner, a senior attorney at the Institute for Justice and one of the lawyers who represented homeowners in the Supreme Court case, said the language in the proposed Texas constitutional amendment leaves "wiggle room" and may not stop governments from invoking eminent domain for economic development.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 10:14 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

So the lawyer that screwed up the case before the Supreme Court wants to argue about Texas' eminent domain laws... I guess that leaves the economic developers feeling pretty safe.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 10:37 PM
IA2

I'm not for sure if this is real or not but if it is it's pretty damn funny given all of the discussion about eminant domain issues over the last few days.

http://www.freestarmedia.com/hotellostliberty2.html

Quote:
Could a hotel be built on the land owned by Supreme Court Justice David H. Souter? A new ruling by the Supreme Court which was supported by Justice Souter himself itself might allow it. A private developer is seeking to use this very law to build a hotel on Souter's land.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 07:08 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
I'm not for sure if this is real or not but if it is it's pretty damn funny given all of the discussion about eminant domain issues over the last few days.

http://www.freestarmedia.com/hotellostliberty2.html

It's for real and so damn funny.....what comes around goes around....serves them right!

--wes
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 01:42 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
So the lawyer that screwed up the case before the Supreme Court wants to argue about Texas' eminent domain laws... I guess that leaves the economic developers feeling pretty safe.

Perhaps so, perhaps not. Any court case is going to delay the start of construction on the stadium (or at least the parking lot) That is going to cost them (ie: Jerry Jones) more money.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 02:18 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
Perhaps so, perhaps not. Any court case is going to delay the start of construction on the stadium (or at least the parking lot) That is going to cost them (ie: Jerry Jones) more money.

So Jonesie pays a couple of million? Chump change for him. Hell he is getting Arlington to give him 340+MM. He even talked Arlington to pay up on any construction overruns (first time in public/private stadium financing).

Pissing away a couple of million isn't going to matter to him. Hell he spent 5MM on the damn election. Now, that has to be a record for a local election.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 05:52 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
So Jonesie pays a couple of million? Chump change for him. Hell he is getting Arlington to give him 340+MM. He even talked Arlington to pay up on any construction overruns (first time in public/private stadium financing).

Pissing away a couple of million isn't going to matter to him. Hell he spent 5MM on the damn election. Now, that has to be a record for a local election.

Wait a sec. I "thought" the contract between the Cowboys and Arlington specificly says that the Cowboys pay for any cost overruns. It was certainly reported like that in the news.....

IF JJ pays a few million to make some home owners happy, then there isn't a problem here. I people are getting justly compensated for their homes to the point that they are happy, then that is ok by me....

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 06:50 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Wait a sec. I "thought" the contract between the Cowboys and Arlington specificly says that the Cowboys pay for any cost overruns. It was certainly reported like that in the news.....

IF JJ pays a few million to make some home owners happy, then there isn't a problem here. I people are getting justly compensated for their homes to the point that they are happy, then that is ok by me....
Cowboys pay upfront. The costoverruns are credited back if the Cowboys decide to purchase the stadium. Nice option price too, 100MM!

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 07:17 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Cowboys pay upfront. The costoverruns are credited back if the Cowboys decide to purchase the stadium. Nice option price too, 100MM!
You're just pulling that out of your ass. Yea, no way that's true. You're a f'in' liar.

REALLY?!?!? No joking???

HOLY sheep shit batman. What an anal raping....

Now I'm really glad I live in Lake Dallas...

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 09:16 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
You're just pulling that out of your ass. Yea, no way that's true. You're a f'in' liar.

REALLY?!?!? No joking???

HOLY sheep shit batman. What an anal raping....

Now I'm really glad I live in Lake Dallas...
Here is the section. Granted, I looked over it very quickly and it is very confusing...

From the master agreement:

Section 4.1 Paragraph D
At the expiration of the initial term, the Operator/Tenant (or the Club) shall have the option to aquire the Cowboy Complex from the city for the option price of $100 Million, subject to a credit against such amount for all Base Rent paid during the term by the Operator/Tenant (or the Club) to the City, and Operator/Tenant operator costs plus any additional Project Costs in excess of $650 million funded by the Club.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement