Anti-War - What are your thoughts? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Go Rangers!!

Angry Anti-War - What are your thoughts?

I am in the Marine Corps reserves. While I was serving a tour in Iraq I kept my apartment. On my patio I flew proudly with honor the American, Marine Corps, and POW flags.

I returned home after 7 months in Iraq under fire to find that someone whom was Anti-war had burned down my Marine Corps and POW flags completly to the ground along with the poles they were flying on. They left the American flag flying, which now has black burn marks on it.

What are your thoughts on this??

------
Semper Fi
Lcpl Vaughn
"Freedom is not free."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 06:52 PM

that is....

that's what you get asshole... goin off and servin our country and shit.. you should know better next time.

actually, i think that's a f*ing disgrace and i'm sorry that you were vanadlized.

fuckin' hippies...
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Go Rangers!!

if i ever caught the person whom did this or anyone in the act of this they would be considered lucky if they got away. I can't belive anyone in thier right mind could do something like that.

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 08:04 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Goddamn Jarheads get what they deserve..... /jk

seriously, PM me before you kick his ass. I want to video tape it for our mutual enjoyment.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 08:15 PM

Hey shipmate...you ever find the SOB that did that give me a hollar! Thats your property and a symbol of what we believe in. Have you talked to your apartment manager about this sick f*ck*ng act? Glad your home.
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Go Rangers!!

yeah, but they didnt do anything.
They are the same people whom told me to take my flags down when i had them flying on Memorial Day before I left at the pool.

I can't belive that people don't support the military like that.

They told me to take them down because they might offend another resident.

and it was Memorial Day weekend...a national holiday.
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 08:21 PM

Well it looks like you did offend someone. You live on the first floor or something where these incosiderate perps could easily get your flags?
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Go Rangers!!

Yeah I sure do.
those cocksuckers don't understand what it means to be an American.
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 08:30 PM

I wonder if these liberal pukes would be acting like this if the US soil was really under attack? Or would they bitch and whine like little kids saying that the military and government should have done more...I hate hearing shit like this man. I really do think people have forgotten. "Lest we forget."
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Hero in a half shell

oh my god...

that incorporates an asskickin'

post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 10:44 PM
IA2

I think that there are some people in the US that have no understanding of what it took to get to where we are. The ones protesting all of the time do not have an understanding of history and what bad people/countries will do.

My opinion would be to replace the damaged flags and chalk up the damage to people that just don't have a clue.
post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 10:53 PM
Lifer

I would put the flags back out there and watch who says/messes with them again. Then kill them. Seriously.
post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 05:18 AM Thread Starter
Go Rangers!!

I already put there out there and they are flying again proudly. The local VFW in Haltom City donated new flags to me.
After if happened my mom and a few other family members and friends found out and wrote to the Ft.Worth Star Telegram on it.
The article got quite some attention.

I'll see if I can find it on the web...
post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 06:56 AM
reppin tha westside

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliprvaughn
yeah, but they didnt do anything.
They are the same people whom told me to take my flags down when i had them flying on Memorial Day before I left at the pool.

I can't belive that people don't support the military like that.

They told me to take them down because they might offend another resident.

and it was Memorial Day weekend...a national holiday.
offend another resident......tell the "other resident" to take their happy ass back to the homeland of their choice.
and thank you for your service

------------------------------------------------------------------------
El Duderino.......of the Crown Royal Cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Jester, your posts do the same thing as going to a county fair, you really make people think "Hey, I'm not so fucked up after looking at that guy!"
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Go Rangers!!

I agree, but at the same time I do have to live there, so I don't want any trouble with the office.
post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 08:28 AM
Wolverines!!!

You're Unit in DFW? Grunt?Arty?Winger?
post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Go Rangers!!

Det 1 MTM Co..
I am the unit Armor (2111), everyone else fixes trucks and humvee's

We are on Dyess , AFB in Abilene, Tx
post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 12:35 PM

Put a sign up after putting up a new flag to invite the person over to
discuss there views.

Wussy's love to talk about there views!

Kick there teeth in!
post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Go Rangers!!

LMAO. That would be great, but i'm sure if they showed thier face they wouldn't be around for too much longer...
post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Det 1 MTM Co..
I am the unit Armor (2111), everyone else fixes trucks and humvee's

We are on Dyess , AFB in Abilene, Tx
Yeah I forgot about the maint. bubbas, Im up at 14th Reg. in Fort Worth
post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Go Rangers!!

you guy need an armor there? loli got 2 years left
post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 05:33 AM
Wolverines!!!

Yeah actually we do I'll PM you the DSN for 14th reg HQ battery. It used ot just be the I & I and me.(Im a radar tech not an armorer.)
post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 09:03 AM
OC
Lifer

Quote:
I am in the Marine Corps reserves. While I was serving a tour in Iraq I kept my apartment. On my patio I flew proudly with honor the American, Marine Corps, and POW flags.

I returned home after 7 months in Iraq under fire to find that someone whom was Anti-war had burned down my Marine Corps and POW flags completly to the ground along with the poles they were flying on. They left the American flag flying, which now has black burn marks on it.

What are your thoughts on this??

------
Semper Fi
Lcpl Vaughn
"Freedom is not free."
I think that people who are anti-war have the same right to express their opinion as those who are pro war.

That being said, burning your flags was a plain act of of cowardice. The same as the group that acosted those young marines Wives back when the war started. You know damn well they didn't have the nuts to say that to the Marine's so they took the cowards way out, same as the person who burnt your flags.

I am glad you got some replacements, and glad you got back safe. Thanks for your service, and sacrifice.
post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 09:18 PM

if you look at history(not just US history but the world) since the early seventies, you will find that The United States of America is responsbile for the war on terrorists not Osama bin Laden or any other group the government tries to blame it on. They just want to put more fear in the people of america so that they can benefit themselves and not you. It is a shame to burn someones flags like that, but you have to see the other side of the story to understand why someone would do that.
post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyk10971
if you look at history(not just US history but the world) since the early seventies, you will find that The United States of America is responsbile for the war on terrorists not Osama bin Laden or any other group the government tries to blame it on. They just want to put more fear in the people of america so that they can benefit themselves and not you. It is a shame to burn someones flags like that, but you have to see the other side of the story to understand why someone would do that.
What would be the justification, that you can think of, for burning and damaging someone else property?
post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 09:34 PM

i have no idea why the flags were burned or do i care, there is no real justification for it, it is just a flag.
post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
i have no idea why the flags were burned or do i care, there is no real justification for it, it is just a flag.
Oh, I thought you were writing a reply to the topic of this thread. I'm sorry. Carry on.
post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 10:40 PM
Lifer

Someone would be offended by the prescence of some flags? Since when have we got the right to destroy others property because we were offended?

I say all extreme left wingers are offensive, can I destroy their car because they have a Kerry sticker still on it?

I thought liberalks were all about tolerance, can someone explain it to me?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 10:59 PM
OC
Lifer

Quote:

To some people it is more than "just a flag", it represents America itself, and all of those who have given the ultimate sacrifice to allow people the right to say what they want. Even if what they have to say is stupid as hell.
post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Go Rangers!!

Quote:

It's not just a flag. It represents the United States of America and all then men and women who died for our country. You know what...Grrr.....Don't even get me started again. You have obviously never served your country.
post #31 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 09:11 AM
Worship me

I wonder if the guys who hoisted that flag up on top of Mount Suribachi at Iwo Jima thought "Oh, it's just a flag". Fuck all that noise.
post #32 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 09:15 AM
Worship me

Two of these guys never even made it home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Iwo Jima.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	44169  
post #33 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Go Rangers!!

obviously that idiot knows nothing about history and has no pride or honor for his own country.

I say if you don't like it, get the hell out!!!
post #34 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 01:02 PM

"I say if you don't like it, get the hell out!!!"

this statement and the meaning behind it is exactly why you spent 7 months of your life fighting the so called War on Terrorism, if you can look behind the velvet curtain bush put in front of america, you will see the real reason you were there.
post #35 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:

this statement and the meaning behind it is exactly why you spent 7 months of your life fighting the so called War on Terrorism, if you can look behind the velvet curtain bush put in front of america, you will see the real reason you were there.
Please pull back the vail and enlighten us poor saps. Tell us the real reason we are there.
post #36 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 01:11 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:

Karl Rove, is that you?

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #37 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 01:22 PM
Racist....that means you!

Quote:

cough*retard*cough
post #38 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 02:16 PM

I want to see an actual response to my post
post #39 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 02:19 PM
Racist....that means you!

Quote:
I want to see an actual response to my post
Answer Texas Devil Dogs question.......enlighten us with your never ending fountain of knowledge.
post #40 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 02:32 PM

can you not observe the enviornment you live in. people live in fear and ignorance and end up destroying themselves and the people around them. whether you believe it or not, we cant escape it. were nothing more than an animal trying to surivive in the world. people in america act out of fear and ignorance when they support a cause and are denying the reality of it. if you cant see that the bush administration is using the people of america as a businees to profit themselves,(and they are doing it very well), then i cant answer your question.
post #41 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Go Rangers!!

Quote:
can you not observe the enviornment you live in. people live in fear and ignorance and end up destroying themselves and the people around them. whether you believe it or not, we cant escape it. were nothing more than an animal trying to surivive in the world. people in america act out of fear and ignorance when they support a cause and are denying the reality of it. if you cant see that the bush administration is using the people of america as a businees to profit themselves,(and they are doing it very well), then i cant answer your question.
your going to a whole new topic here, but you have an intresting point of view...I'll give you that much...even If I don't agree.
post #42 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 03:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I will ask some direct questions of you since your answer is very general.

Did Bush plan or allow those planes to hit the WTC in 2001? If you had been President what would your response have been? Mine would have been very close to What Bush had done, assuming I had the same intelligence he used, which by the way was intelligence Clinton and most Democrats agreed with at the time.

Is it possible his response was appropriate, but not what you wanted and therefore you disagree with it?

Do you hate Bush so much, like most extreme liberals, that you cannot say one thing he has done positively?

I think Bush is a great President but I can think of at least one area where he has let me down. Please come up with one area he has done great at, surely all but the extremists like Michael Moore can do that, and I will share my area where he has failed IMO.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #43 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 03:34 PM

bush was involved with 9/11 but to say he was the direct cause, no. if i was president i would have taken the fact that the reason osama and his followers hated the westerners(religon). Our CIA agents gave the weapons to osama and other afghans to fight the soviet union because america was acting out of fear. After that ignorance followed as we did not take any effor to stop osama years ago becuase of money and oil. if bush would have just invested all the money he spent on iraq and his expensive dinnter parties wisely, we would as a nation have the ability not to rely on so much oil. but since oil = money( which is an allusion and a way to put more labels on the people of america) greedy people will run this country and you will have to suffer the consequences of thier actions, (like joing the military a.k.a. "protecting america")

one reason i do not like bush is the fact that a friend i work with gets 15,000 dolloars( 5,000 in grants dont have to be paid back) to go to UNT because his dad owns his own business and can hide the real amount he makes(6 figures) and i get 3,500 in loans for both semesters because my mom does not own her business and they think that me and her can pay for my tuition and me and her combine make 50,000, huh how is that fair , the richer get richer while the poorer get poorer. this isnt just an isolated event, it happens everywhere there is a public funded university.
(by the way i dont live with my mom, i just file taxes with her because theres no point filing on your own because the irs wont recognize me as independent at my age)

Its not that bush hasn't done anything positive, he just did it for the wrong reason, which was to benefit himself and everybody who invested in him.

why do you have to put out labels, i could care less what political party i belong to, i want the truth just like you,
post #44 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
They are making money, oh the horror. Lets see how much money Bush made. SHOW ME THE MONEY

http://www.taxhistory.org/thp/thpweb...s?OpenDocument

2000: $894,880
2001: $811,100
2002: $856,058
2003: $784,219

Where is the big pay day from 9/11?
post #45 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 03:59 PM

if people of america can hide their money from the government, bush can hide his money from you.
post #46 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 04:00 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Holy shit. Dude, get to the hospital quick.

And if the Bush administration is using the people of America as a business to profit from, you better figure out what he is doing and copycat him. It's the American way.

You are spouting some way out there opinion without a shred of evidence or truth except for your opinion. Provide some substance to your opinion and I'm sure there are plenty of people that are willing to rip your opinion to shreds.

All I've seen is some whiny ass shit about not getting enough in school loans.

post #47 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Worship me

Quote:
bush was involved with 9/11 but to say he was the direct cause, no. if i was president i would have taken the fact that the reason osama and his followers hated the westerners(religon). Our CIA agents gave the weapons to osama and other afghans to fight the soviet union because america was acting out of fear. After that ignorance followed as we did not take any effor to stop osama years ago becuase of money and oil. if bush would have just invested all the money he spent on iraq and his expensive dinnter parties wisely, we would as a nation have the ability not to rely on so much oil. but since oil = money( which is an allusion and a way to put more labels on the people of america) greedy people will run this country and you will have to suffer the consequences of thier actions, (like joing the military a.k.a. "protecting america")

one reason i do not like bush is the fact that a friend i work with gets 15,000 dolloars( 5,000 in grants dont have to be paid back) to go to UNT because his dad owns his own business and can hide the real amount he makes(6 figures) and i get 3,500 in loans for both semesters because my mom does not own her business and they think that me and her can pay for my tuition and me and her combine make 50,000, huh how is that fair , the richer get richer while the poorer get poorer. this isnt just an isolated event, it happens everywhere there is a public funded university.
(by the way i dont live with my mom, i just file taxes with her because theres no point filing on your own because the irs wont recognize me as independent at my age)

Its not that bush hasn't done anything positive, he just did it for the wrong reason, which was to benefit himself and everybody who invested in him.

why do you have to put out labels, i could care less what political party i belong to, i want the truth just like you,
You can barely type a sentence but you are going to explain the working of international politics. Beautiful man, fucking beautiful!!!

America fucking rocks. In any other country you'd be shoveling shit in a pig pen, in America you get a chance to go to college with federally backed loans.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #48 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 04:19 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
in America you get a chance to go to college with federally backed loans.
THEN you start shoveling shit in a pig pen. We like our pig pen shit shovelers to be edumacted.

post #49 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
THEN you start shoveling shit in a pig pen. We like our pig pen shit shovelers to be edumacted.
That's right. Lots of choices in shoveling shit these days....pointy tip shovel, the flat head one or a snow shovel?? Then where to pile it....that's an advanced degree if I remember right.

Tony has quite the career ahead of him in the shit shoveling industry.
post #50 of 58 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
if people of america can hide their money from the government, bush can hide his money from you.
If you have any evidence that Bush is make $1 off the war, post it up. If not, put your tin foil hat back on.

By the way, I didn't vote for Bush either if you are think I am a Bush backer. You can search this site and find out who I voted for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement