Sec. Rice: Gun Rights Important As Free Speech - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Sec. Rice: Gun Rights Important As Free Speech

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050512/...ns_1&printer=1

Quote:
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, recalling how her father took up arms to defend fellow blacks from racist whites in the segregated South, said Wednesday the constitutional right of Americans to own guns is as important as their rights to free speech and religion.

In an interview on CNN's "Larry King Live," Rice said she came to that view from personal experience. She said her father, a black minister, and his friends armed themselves to defended the black community in Birmingham, Ala., against the White Knight Riders in 1962 and 1963. She said if local authorities had had lists of registered weapons, she did not think her father and other blacks would have been able to defend themselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 10:55 AM

I agree, it is important for individual self defense. It is also important in the event that our nation's military / police are used against the citizenry unfairly. The recent pit bull snafu in Denver is a small thing, but exactly what I'm talking about. Next time it could be Jews! LOL

And most importantly, there will NEVER be a foreign occupier in this country. NEVER. They'll have to kill every reactionary in the hills of Arkansas first, and there just aren't that many bullets.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
They'll have to kill every reactionary in the hills of Arkansas first, and there just aren't that many bullets.
It was once said that it takes a man's weight in ammo to kill a man in war. So, you are probably correct.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 09:04 PM

I didn't think too much of Ms. Connie before I read that article. I read that article you posted and did some more research on her and I am pretty amazed at what she has accomplished.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 06:37 PM
Meeeeooowww

Hopwfully the will standup against the next AWB.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 11:35 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Dr. Rice gets it.

This is from my sig:

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; When the government fears the people, there is liberty."
-Thomas Jefferson

That is why we have the right to bear arms. It isn't to defend this nation from outside attack. It is meant to keep the government health with a fear of a popular uprising from a well armed population.

Home and personal defense are secondary reasons.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
Dr. Rice gets it.

This is from my sig:

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; When the government fears the people, there is liberty."
-Thomas Jefferson

That is why we have the right to bear arms. It isn't to defend this nation from outside attack. It is meant to keep the government health with a fear of a popular uprising from a well armed population.

Home and personal defense are secondary reasons.
It is not only everyone right, but their obligation to over throw their government when it becomes too opressive.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 12:55 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

True.

Fortunately, we've been able to do in a very bloodless fashon in the US. A good example being when the people gave control of the House and Senate to the Republicans over the last decade.

Unfortunately they are slowly becoming too big for their britches and will likely loose control again in 10 years.

That is if the Democrats ever get their act together.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Old Timer

Registration of Guns is the first step in Government to take them away.

Example : California. They required people to register Assault Rifles. Two years later, the people who registered them were required to Turn them into the police to be destroyed. (Look it up).

If you want a investment in your future, go buy a few Ak-47's. I'm sure the liberals will get them banned again, and you'll make a killing selling them later.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 10:00 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotua
Registration of Guns is the first step in Government to take them away.

Example : California. They required people to register Assault Rifles. Two years later, the people who registered them were required to Turn them into the police to be destroyed. (Look it up).

If you want a investment in your future, go buy a few Ak-47's. I'm sure the liberals will get them banned again, and you'll make a killing selling them later.
You cannot purchase a true, fully automatic, AK-47 without a permit from the ATF. Any other version is not a TRUE Assault weapon because it is not able to fire full auto.

Besides, with a good Deer rifle and a scope, I can nail a nut with an AK-47 from 1000 meters.

BTW, are you really surprised about anything that happens in California?

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 08:36 AM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
It is not only everyone right, but their obligation to over throw their government when it becomes too opressive.
Theres one reason for the civil war, another great example of congress gone mad.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 08:37 AM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLX
Theres one reason for the civil war, another great example of congress gone mad.
I'm referring to reconstruction.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 10:42 AM
OC
Lifer

It worked well for Germany when they let Hitler take their guns from them, and we all know what happened there.

England also outlawed guns a few years back if i am not mistaken.

[QUOTE=Dacotua]Registration of Guns is the first step in Government to take them away.

QUOTE]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement