Proof of Al Quaeda in Iraq? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Proof of Al Quaeda in Iraq?

It has been reported that the man who killed/slaughtered Mr. Berg was a leader for Al Quaeda. Does this prove to any doubters that Al Quaeda and Saddam/Iraq are linked now?

I say it kinda kills the argument by the left that there is no link to Al Quaeda with Iraq.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 05:04 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Re: Proof of Al Quaeda in Iraq?

Hasn't poland or sweden or someone been claiming they had intelligence pointing to that for some time?



Quote:
Originally posted by 90 Notch
It has been reported that the man who killed/slaughtered Mr. Berg was a leader for Al Quaeda. Does this prove to any doubters that Al Quaeda and Saddam/Iraq are linked now?

I say it kinda kills the argument by the left that there is no link to Al Quaeda with Iraq.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 05:29 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Re: Proof of Al Quaeda in Iraq?

Quote:
Originally posted by 90 Notch
It has been reported that the man who killed/slaughtered Mr. Berg was a leader for Al Quaeda. Does this prove to any doubters that Al Quaeda and Saddam/Iraq are linked now?

I say it kinda kills the argument by the left that there is no link to Al Quaeda with Iraq.
Not that I am particularly fond of agreeing with you. I figured everyone kind of suspected or knew essentially that as soon as America set up camp in Iraq the insurgents who would come in would either be Al Quaeda or Al Quaeda backed
Pro Trash is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 09:21 PM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
If you ask me there was some kind of Al Qaeda presence there all along. Sure you can believe the load of bunk about Saddam and Bin Laden not getting along, but IMO that means very little since the whole organization is spread into independent cells. The fact is that no matter how you look at it, Iraq was a HAVEN for any kind of terrorist before the war. Hell it still is. And that isn't enough to justify an attack in and of itself IMO, but when you factor in that Saddam was preaching death to the US at every opportunity, didn't hesitate to murder anyone, invaded our ally Kuwait, thumbed his nose at the UN for ten years with little bullshit games, etc (the list goes on and on).....that all leads up to the fact that he needed his ass kicked to the fucking moon.

Sure we didn't find WMDs there, but I'd like to point out two things:

The fucker had MONTHS to move them (welcome to Syria)

The fucker lied every chance he got for the decade prior to the war. How were we supposed to know he was telling the truth even if he DIDN'T have them.
AL P is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally posted by AL P
If you ask me there was some kind of Al Qaeda presence there all along. Sure you can believe the load of bunk about Saddam and Bin Laden not getting along, but IMO that means very little since the whole organization is spread into independent cells. The fact is that no matter how you look at it, Iraq was a HAVEN for any kind of terrorist before the war. Hell it still is. And that isn't enough to justify an attack in and of itself IMO, but when you factor in that Saddam was preaching death to the US at every opportunity, didn't hesitate to murder anyone, invaded our ally Kuwait, thumbed his nose at the UN for ten years with little bullshit games, etc (the list goes on and on).....that all leads up to the fact that he needed his ass kicked to the fucking moon.

Sure we didn't find WMDs there, but I'd like to point out two things:

The fucker had MONTHS to move them (welcome to Syria)

The fucker lied every chance he got for the decade prior to the war. How were we supposed to know he was telling the truth even if he DIDN'T have them.
I maintained from the onset of war that Al Quaeda was in Iraq and working with Saddam all along. Let's see, the guy who hated America the most (Saddam) and the muslim terrorist group sworn to kill every American it could NOT being together in some form or fashion, hmmm sounds like an argument only a liberal would try to make.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Re: Re: Proof of Al Quaeda in Iraq?

Quote:
Originally posted by Pro Trash
Not that I am particularly fond of agreeing with you. I figured everyone kind of suspected or knew essentially that as soon as America set up camp in Iraq the insurgents who would come in would either be Al Quaeda or Al Quaeda backed
This will be the official backpedaling stance of the democrats that now know for a fact that Al Quaeda is in Iraq. I say we will find that Al Quaeda was in there all along.

How else would this Al Quaeda leader be in Iraq and have free reign of the country like he lived there? Coincidence? I say no.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome