Where is the outrage over this? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Worship me

Where is the outrage over this?

All I see on the news these days is the stories about these pictures of Iraqi prisoners and how they were so "abused" and how everyone is outraged. Where is the outrage over this fucking shit here:

CAIRO, Egypt - A video posted Tuesday on an Islamic militant Web site showed the beheading of an American civilian in Iraq (news - web sites), and said the execution was carried out by an al-Qaida affiliated group to avenge the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by American soldiers.

The video showed five men wearing headscarves and black ski masks, standing over a bound man in an orange jumpsuit similar to a prisoner's uniform who identified himself as Nick Berg, a U.S. contractor whose body was found on a highway overpass in Baghdad on Saturday.

"My name is Nick Berg, my father's name is Michael, my mother's name is Susan," the man said on the video. "I have a brother and sister, David and Sarah. I live in ... Philadelphia."

After reading a statement, the men were seen pulling the man to his side and putting a large knife to his neck. A scream sounded as the men cut his head off, shouting "Allahu Akbar!" "God is great." They then held the head out before the camera.

Berg's family said Tuesday they knew their son had been decapitated, but didn't know the details of the killing. When told of the video by an Associated Press reporter, Berg's father, Michael, and his two siblings hugged and cried.

"I knew he was decapitated before. That manner is preferable to a long and torturous death. But I didn't want it to become public," Michael Berg said.

On the Web site, one of the executioners read a statement:

"For the mothers and wives of American soldiers, we tell you that we offered the U.S. administration to exchange this hostage with some of the detainees in Abu Ghraib and they refused."

"So we tell you that the dignity of the Muslim men and women in Abu Ghraib and others is not redeemed except by blood and souls. You will not receive anything from us but coffins after coffins ... slaughtered in this way."

The video bore the title "Abu Musab al-Zarqawi shown slaughtering an American." It was unclear whether al-Zarqawi a lieutenant of Osama bin Laden (news - web sites) was shown in the video, or was claiming responsibility for ordering the execution.

The Web site on which the video was posted is known as a clearing house for al-Qaida and Islamic extremist groups' statements and tapes. An audiotape purportedly from bin Laden which the CIA (news - web sites) said was probably authentic appeared on the same Web site last week.

Western officials say al-Zarqawi, whose real name is Ahmad Fadhil al-Khalayleh, is a lieutenant of bin Laden. The United States has offered $10 million for information leading to the capture or killing of al-Zarqawi, saying he is trying to build a network of foreign militants in Iraq to work for al-Qaida.

In the video, the speaker threatened both President Bush (news - web sites) and Pakistani President Gen. Pervez Musharraf.

"As for you Bush ... expect severe days. You and your soldiers will regret the day you stepped into the land of Iraq," he said. He described Musharraf as "a traitor agent."

The slaying recalled the kidnapping and videotaped beheading of Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl in 2002 in Pakistan. Four Islamic militants have been convicted of kidnapping Pearl, but seven other suspects including those who allegedly slit his throat remain at large.

Suzanne Berg, the mother of the 26-year-old Berg, of West Chester, Pa., said her son was in Iraq as an independent businessman to help rebuild communication antennas. He had been missing since April 9, she said.

"He had this idea that he could help rebuild the infrastructure," she said.

The U.S. military Tuesday said an American civilian was found dead in Baghdad, but did not release his identity. State Department spokeswoman Susan Pittman said she couldn't release the name of the dead American, but said she not aware of more than one civilian found dead in recent days.

The military said there were signs of trauma to the body. Suzanne Berg said she was told her son's death was violent but did not want to discuss details.

Berg, who was in Baghdad from late December to Feb. 1, returned to Iraq in March. He didn't find any work and planned again to return home on March 30, but his daily communications home stopped on March 24. He later told his parents he was jailed by Iraqi officials at a checkpoint in Mosul.

"He was arrested and held without due process," his father, Michael Berg, told the Daily Local News of West Chester recently. "By the time he got out the whole area was inflamed with violence.

The FBI (news - web sites) on March 31 interviewed Berg's parents in West Chester. Jerri Williams, a spokeswoman for the Philadelphia FBI office, told The Philadelphia Inquirer the agency had been "asked to interview the parents regarding Mr. Berg's purpose in Iraq."

On April 5, the Bergs filed suit in federal court in Philadelphia, contending that their son was being held illegally by the U.S. military. The next day Berg was released. He told his parents he hadn't been mistreated.

The Bergs last heard from their son April 9, when he said he would come home by way of Jordan, Turkey or Kuwait. But by then, hostilities in Iraq had escalated.

Suzanne Berg on Tuesday said she was told her son's body would be transported to Kuwait and then to Dover, Del. She said the family had been trying for weeks to learn where their son was but that federal officials had not been helpful.

"I went through this with them for weeks," she said. "I basically ended up doing most of the investigating myself."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...rican_beheaded
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Crash Test Dummy

They're not the ones claiming that they never do anything wrong.

......I'm just saying.

post #3 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 01:29 PM
Frequent Flyer

The only crap I'm hearing defending our actions has been "We are a country who made a mistake and have the sense to admit we did wrong and are trying to correct it"... in relation to us humiliating prisoners opposed to them decapitating and mutilating us workers and military men.

I'm just at a loss for words as to how the tables are so turned around in this entire situation.

post #4 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Worship me

Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X
They're not the ones claiming that they never do anything wrong.

......I'm just saying.
I don't remember getting that memo from the Pentagon....
post #5 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 01:31 PM
I gots famous friends

What the government needs to be doing is launching a propaganda campaign utilizing the media, to show all of the horrible things that Sadaam did to his own people, and what the Iraqi people do to our guys every chance they get.

The media is currently having a hey day with all this SCANDAL crap.
post #6 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Worship me

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamLX
I'm just at a loss for words as to how the tables are so turned around in this entire situation.
I'm at a loss for words over the double standard.
post #7 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 01:32 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by AL P
I don't remember getting that memo from the Pentagon....
I'm just saying...........hahaha

post #8 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 01:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by 93LXHORSE

The media.
Theres your reason. Oh, and Politics.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #9 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 01:36 PM
Frequent Flyer

Quote:
I'm at a loss for words over the double standard.
Exactly.

You wouldn't think there's any political motivation by the media to overly push the whole issue about prisoner treatment would ya??? Naaaaah....

We make some dipshit guy who's job it was to kill u.s. soldiers/ defend his country put some panties on and it's a national fucking incident, but our workers who are trying to fix/repair their damn country get butchered and it gets a few days of coverage.
post #10 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 01:43 PM

The media sucks. The only thing I think we did wrong to the prisoners was the rape and shoving broom handles up one of their asses. Other than that who cares if they were beat, humiliated, and what not. Those ass clowns do all sorts of crazy shit to people. You don't see us cutting heads off and video taping it. I hate that part of the world......and 99% of the sorry ass media. They suck. It seems the media is against the war, out military.......
post #11 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 01:50 PM

Damn, I did not know about them beheading an American over there until now. I am outraged at that. I cannot get over that shit. I seriously want to kill some of those fucks. Their family too. They are sick and claim they are religious. Who cares anymore. By wanting to do that to them some may say I am no better than them.....at this point who cares. Kill'em.

Last edited by WhtEdge; 05-11-2004 at 02:02 PM.
post #12 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Worship me

Quote:
Originally posted by WhtEdge
Damn, I did not know about them beheading an American over there until them. I am outraged at that. I cannot get over that shit. I seriously want to kill some of those fucks. Their family too. They are sick and claim they are religious. Who cares anymore. By wanting to do that to them some may say I am no better than them.....at this point who cares. Kill'em.
And you know, the worst part of it is, what are they fighting for?? They want Saddam Hussein back...a man who killed thousands of people, ordered government sponsored rapes and murders, etc...
post #13 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 01:56 PM
Other half of bitter

Quote:
What the government needs to be doing is launching a propaganda campaign utilizing the media, to show all of the horrible things that Sadaam did to his own people, and what the Iraqi people do to our guys every chance they get.

The media is currently having a hey day with all this SCANDAL crap.
true and good point.

although not a bleeding heart, it does piss me off that all that happened, sure our MP didn't decapitate them, but it was still wrong. I don't know, i mean emotional abuse is abuse too and all this crap is exactly what we were trying to liberate them from (of course, i don't think that is our job to begin with) and here we are acting the fool too. Sure those guys in jail aren't angels and they deserve to be punished, but torturing them like Saddam would do (well not near as bad, but still)..... two wrongs don't make a right. Lock em up and throw away the key. We're as bad as what we are trying to fight if that continues.

and the media goes nuts for it- what's a better story-
hearing about people you knew to be bad doing bad things? or people you thought were supposed to be good, doing bad things?
post #14 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Other half of bitter

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamLX
Exactly.

You wouldn't think there's any political motivation by the media to overly push the whole issue about prisoner treatment would ya??? Naaaaah....

no??? i mean there isn't an election coming up or anything
post #15 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 02:01 PM

That pisses me off...
post #16 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 02:03 PM

Quote:
And you know, the worst part of it is, what are they fighting for?? They want Saddam Hussein back...a man who killed thousands of people, ordered government sponsored rapes and murders, etc...
Exactly. They are just morons that like drama and violence. They know no other way. They need to be killed off like insects.
post #17 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Lifer

Wink

The American was white. Nobody gives a shit what you do to white guys.
post #18 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 02:04 PM
Time Served

Quote:

As much as I hate to say this...But there was a good reason saddam hussain treated those people like dog shit and mass murdered there stupid ass's. Treat shit, like shit I always say. these people only know 1 way to live.

We should stick an electric device up saddams ass put him back in iraq so he can kill his people again..and if he decides to get fresh with us..press a button so his prostate could get a nice jerk.

This is fking ridiculous..so what we treat them like shit...look @ what they do to us..decapatation..burning bodies in the streets..shit if anything those women that are being court martialed should have put stick's in those prisoners dick holes, that'll give them a reason to complain.

www.SMALLBLOCKPOSSE.com
post #19 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 02:07 PM
T-sippers blow goats

Location: I'm not saying I beat the devil,but I drank his beer for free
we have been pretty gentle up until now. I don't think you can compare a baton up the ass to a sword on the neck.
post #20 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BYBOTIE
we have been pretty gentle up until now. I don't think you can compare a baton up the ass to a sword on the neck.
wish we could get away with it.
post #21 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 02:09 PM
I gots famous friends

That would be cool if Bush would just come right out and say, Fuck em they probably deserved it, let the soldiers have a little fun over there, they're probably board !

LOL...
post #22 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 02:22 PM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
I don't believe for a second that many of those insurgents/terrorists (whatever you want to call them) really want Sadaam back. They are using our occupation as a vehicle to murder Americans (Westerners) be it soldiers, civilians, etc.
post #23 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Meeeeooowww

I say we let a nuclear subs do some live fire exercises
post #24 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Worship me

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt93Cobra
I don't believe for a second that many of those insurgents/terrorists (whatever you want to call them) really want Sadaam back. They are using our occupation as a vehicle to murder Americans (Westerners) be it soldiers, civilians, etc.
Yes, that is a good point. i'm just pointing out the stupidity of people who call these fools "patriots" and say they are "defending their homeland". And believe me, there are more idiots than you think out there who say that exact shit....
post #25 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt93Cobra
Very good point Matt. Those people just like the violence. Sick fucks.
post #26 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 02:48 PM

Re: Where is the outrage over this?

All I see on the news these days is the stories about these pictures of Iraqi prisoners and how they were so "abused" and how everyone is outraged. Where is the outrage over this fucking shit here:

Be patient, that video was released today, TUESDAY. The outrage will be soon to follow. Even the cable news stations are talking about the video. The militant group in the video says that they are doing it in RETALIATION for the prisoner-abuse at Abu Gharib.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the hell good would that do? Spin the situation somehow so our actions don't look "as" bad and what Saddam did? Who are we trying to convince with the "BS propaganda campaign"? The American people, the Iraqis, or the rest of the world?

quote:

That would be cool if Bush would just come right out and say, Fuck em they probably deserved it, let the soldiers have a little fun over there, they're probably board !

Wow??!??
post #27 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by Elapidae
The American was white. Nobody gives a shit what you do to white guys.
Preach!

post #28 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 02:53 PM
The Big Matt

Quote:
Preach!
Kill ASHIE!!!
post #29 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Preach!
black people taste better though
post #30 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Very Thankful!

I know its not respectful and not the way american's are supposed to act.. but FUCK THAT..

They have killed numerous soliders of ours and broadcasted it.. for their TV. so what the fuck it the problem with them just being naked on top of each other.

Id rather be humilated then have my head blown off and have it televised for everyone to see.
post #31 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 03:00 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by CobraChic
I know its not respectful and not the way american's are supposed to act..

ROTFL! Did you pay attention during American History?

post #32 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 03:02 PM
4 STAGES BIG N' DRY

Sorry to say it, but it's only going to get worse from here on out.
post #33 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CobraChic

Id rather be humilated then have my head blown off and have it televised for everyone to see.
.Com
post #34 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 03:02 PM
Lifer

Wink

Quote:
ROTFL! Did you pay attention during American History?
We didn't have Direct TV then so I missed it.
post #35 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 03:05 PM
Rolling with the homies

"An eye for an eye"

I think we should start doing some cladestine kidnapping of our own and see how those fuckers like seeing there friends thrown out in the streets without any heads

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #36 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Bitter Italian

All I would like to say is that I for one think/find the naked pyramid funny as hell.
post #37 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by white02gt
All I would like to say is that I for one think/find the naked pyramid funny as hell.
HA! So was the one where the female soldier was walking the prisoner on a leash. Funny since the women are treated poorly in Iraq.
post #38 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Meeeeooowww

Quote:
Originally posted by white02gt
I saw worse than that at SFA..lol

I keep waiting for the pic of a naked Iraqi saranwrapped to a flag pole

Take off the gloves and end this thing or bring the troops home.
post #39 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 03:10 PM

Fuck em. I say just cut loose, and just wipe them out. If all these rebels, insurgents, terrorist, whatever want a fight, let's give them a fight. They kill one civilian trying to help their country, I say we kill two of their prisoners. Fuck em all.
post #40 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 03:11 PM
If the shoe fits......

The only thing I'm pissed about with the prisoner abuse is some dumb fuck was stupid enough to take pics and then let them get out. War is hell, you aren't going to get any info out of the enemy by asking pretty please.

As far as the beheading and other discusting acts over in the middle east. I'm still in favor of a rather large glass parking lot.

Its time Muslims started policing there own instead of harboring them. And they should be held accountable for the actions of those they harbor.
post #41 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 03:13 PM

Quote:

Take off the gloves and end this thing or bring the troops home. [/B]
That's exactly what I'm saying.
post #42 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Worship me

Re: Re: Where is the outrage over this?

Quote:
Originally posted by RidinSpinnas
Be patient, that video was released today, TUESDAY. The outrage will be soon to follow. Even the cable news stations are talking about the video. The militant group in the video says that they are doing it in RETALIATION for the prisoner-abuse at Abu Gharib.
[/B]
You'll never see it. But the minute someone does something to poor old Saddam Hussein or the poor old Arabs who "never did anything to anyone" you'll see all sorts of international reaction.
post #43 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Worship me

Quote:
Originally posted by NDSP
Its time Muslims started policing there own instead of harboring them. And they should be held accountable for the actions of those they harbor.
This ain't no bullshit. If the KKK flew a plane into a building in Baghdad, we'd have their asses strung up by sunset....
post #44 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 03:35 PM

"our" media sensors what they think we want to see......we are
not muture enough to see what they show over sea's.
post #45 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 04:05 PM
Shut the Fuck up Donny

i say pull out and let them rule themselves, but then someone ass will just take over again and we'll be back here once again in 10 years. we need to go balls too the wall and start killing all these stupid people with weapons. if they have a gun, kill them. then no one will get abused or mistreated. simple sollution.
heather

"first of all........fuck you guys."
post #46 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 04:14 PM
you stinky bitch

the only reason the whole thing even came up about us mistreaing the prisoners is because it is election time. Otherwise who gives a fuck? they were trying to kill us..... has anyone even acknowledged that? So what if we took their clothes off and laughed at their turtle necks.... consider us even for the time being, they deserve alot worse if you ask me. It just makes me sick that they are trying to make it such a big fucking deal when in reality it dosent fucking matter. Its all about politics, in my opinion we need to do away with everybody except the GW, let him have free reign to do whatever he wants withotu having to hear it form 500 other busy body know it all's with five thousand dollar suits on.

Best something in Texas.... just don't know what it is yet....
post #47 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 04:15 PM

I just saw the news about the beheading of an American in Iraq and am sickened. I hear everyone's point of view of this and I see both sides....so now here is my input....

I feel that the prisoners deserved a hell of a lot more humiliation, maltreatment, and cruelty for what they have done to our soldiers, airman, marines, and sailers. HOWEVER, as a society we pride ourselves on do what is right and trying to spread democracy and our livelihood across the world. With this tasteless display of prisoners it only portrays a hipocritical state of mind we have (in the eyes of the enemies). Now the problem is, while those individuals probably did not think of the ramifications of their actions, it has opened a whole lot of regression in the peace process and trust issues. I pray that the Americans over there from Military to civilians that God watch over them and keep them from harm.

I didn't mean to make this sound like an ongoing thing, but it just sickens me. I am in the military and disgusted and what those involved have done.

post #48 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Time Served

the vid can be found online

2005 Ford Gt
2007 Z06
post #49 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 04:21 PM

I'm so pissed right now... These fuckers in the American and Arab media are going to spin this as, "These actions were done by a small group of people, not symbolizing the entire Arab population (aka don't blame Arabs)"

But when the prison abuse pics come out, the media spins it as, "THE ENTIRE US MILITARY ARE SAVAGES BLAAAAAH"

Fucking bullshit.
post #50 of 100 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Worship me

Quote:
Originally posted by Lumberjack77
I'm so pissed right now... These fuckers in the American and Arab media are going to spin this as, "These actions were done by a small group of people, not symbolizing the entire Arab population (aka don't blame Arabs)"

But when the prison abuse pics come out, the media spins it as, "THE ENTIRE US MILITARY ARE SAVAGES BLAAAAAH"

Fucking bullshit.
It's a good double standard ain't it?

I say we should respond by turning one of their largest cities into a fucking parking lot. Drop leaflets on the bitch like we did the Japanese "you have one day to leave or else"...then level the fucker. Enough playin around, fuck it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement