Bad news for Bush..KErry's overseas support grows - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Thumbs down Bad news for Bush..KErry's overseas support grows




HookEm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 11:40 PM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
This is fuckin' retarded dude. Go ahead and delete this thread and we won't tell anybody about this...

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #3 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 11:42 PM
Blue5spd's a titty baby
 
cool cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: hair club for men
Posts: 13,472
That 2nd one is hilarious, and dead on.
cool cat is offline  
 
post #4 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
the truth is a kick in the nuts, aint it?


Quote:
Originally posted by BadLXHB302
This is fuckin' retarded dude. Go ahead and delete this thread and we won't tell anybody about this...

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #5 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 11:48 PM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally posted by HookEm
the truth is a kick in the nuts, aint it?
Sure is...

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #6 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 12:11 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally posted by BadLXHB302
This is fuckin' retarded dude. Go ahead and delete this thread and we won't tell anybody about this...
About half of the people in that picture scare the shit out of Bush!
Maybe DICK will hold his hand...again.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #7 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 01:48 AM
Hero in a half shell
 
Fobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Richmond Tx
Posts: 2,584
LOL! right click *save as*

Fobra is offline  
post #8 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Boost is Good
 
The Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: With Weapons of Mass Instruction
Posts: 3,135
my contribute
The Punisher is offline  
post #9 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Boost is Good
 
The Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: With Weapons of Mass Instruction
Posts: 3,135
2
The Punisher is offline  
post #10 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 10:09 AM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally posted by 281R
2
You moron the Liberal has not spoke out against the Afghanistan campaign or the war on terrorism that is legit. Oh yeah come hunting this liberal and you'll be testing the kiwi on my boot through your ass, moron.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #11 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 10:25 AM
Boost is Good
 
The Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: With Weapons of Mass Instruction
Posts: 3,135
Quote:
Originally posted by Pro Trash
You moron the Liberal has not spoke out against the Afghanistan campaign or the war on terrorism that is legit. Oh yeah come hunting this liberal and you'll be testing the kiwi on my boot through your ass, moron.
You mean to tell me not one liberal has spoken against it?
Lay off the crack!
On second thought, maybe get back on, it might calm your emotions

Last edited by 281R; 05-05-2004 at 10:44 AM.
The Punisher is offline  
post #12 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 10:29 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,831
Thumbs up

this thread gets my vote for greatest political thread of the year
trey85stang is offline  
post #13 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 01:44 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally posted by 281R
You mean to tell me not one liberal has spoken against it?
Lay off the crack!
On second thought, maybe get back on, it might calm your emotions
Shut up crack baby, I did say legit didn't I? Now the left has it's idiots that speak out against any war just as the right has it's idiotse who approve of any war. Don't redirect my words I did say legit please don't add to or take away.
I am calm, you have a statement that says liberal hunting. That is a mighty tall statement pilgrim. Let me specify if you come hunting this social liberal/fiscal conservative you'll be taste testing black kiwi through your ass, which means when broken down your gonna get boot kicked in your crack.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #14 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 02:01 PM
Boost is Good
 
The Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: With Weapons of Mass Instruction
Posts: 3,135
Quote:
Originally posted by Pro Trash
Shut up crack baby, I did say legit didn't I? Now the left has it's idiots that speak out against any war just as the right has it's idiotse who approve of any war. Don't redirect my words I did say legit please don't add to or take away.
I am calm, you have a statement that says liberal hunting. That is a mighty tall statement pilgrim. Let me specify if you come hunting this social liberal/fiscal conservative you'll be taste testing black kiwi through your ass, which means when broken down your gonna get boot kicked in your crack.
Ok, and how is the war in Iraq not legit? The problem with left is its hard for me to say which ones are more idiots than the other. I just see their ongoing advance twords socialism and appeasement. Either supporting it or blindly supporting it, either way I see it as idiotic.
What is it with you also obsessed with black Kiwi and putting foots up people's asses / cracks b/c they dont agree with you?
This isnt the lib homo stuff Al P was talking about? j/k
But really though, Grow up...
The Punisher is offline  
post #15 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 03:04 PM
-----------------------
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,417
this is what makes politics oh so much fun!!!!!!
91rednotch is offline  
post #16 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 03:39 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE
 
jyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Midlothian, Tx
Posts: 4,427
dieing at a alarming rate, get real, this is war

PRIVIOUS AMERICAN WAR DEAD:
WW1 -- 53,402 KIA
WW2 --- 291,557 KIA
KOREAN WAR 33,629 KIA
VIETNAM 58,153 KIA

DEADS CAUSED BY SADDAM IN IRAN--IRAQ WAR
IRAN 600,000
IRAQ 300,000


Kind of puts it in prospective, war is hell, this one has been a cake walk so far.
jyro is offline  
post #17 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Re: dieing at a alarming rate, get real, this is war

550 KIA in this war.......



Quote:
Originally posted by jyro
PRIVIOUS AMERICAN WAR DEAD:
WW1 -- 53,402 KIA
WW2 --- 291,557 KIA
KOREAN WAR 33,629 KIA
VIETNAM 58,153 KIA

DEADS CAUSED BY SADDAM IN IRAN--IRAQ WAR
IRAN 600,000
IRAQ 300,000


Kind of puts it in prospective, war is hell, this one has been a cake walk so far.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #18 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 04:01 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 95
Re: dieing at a alarming rate, get real, this is war

Quote:
Originally posted by jyro
PRIVIOUS AMERICAN WAR DEAD:
WW1 -- 53,402 KIA
WW2 --- 291,557 KIA
KOREAN WAR 33,629 KIA
VIETNAM 58,153 KIA

DEADS CAUSED BY SADDAM IN IRAN--IRAQ WAR
IRAN 600,000
IRAQ 300,000


Kind of puts it in prospective, war is hell, this one has been a cake walk so far.
I wanna see you tell a mother with out a husband and a son with out a father that this war has been "a cake walk", how easy it is to say that this war has been easy when it hasnt hit you right in the face like it has 550 families.
DanielMc is offline  
post #19 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 04:02 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,831
Re: Re: dieing at a alarming rate, get real, this is war

Quote:
Originally posted by DanielMc
I wanna see you tell a mother with out a husband and a son with out a father that this war has been "a cake walk", how easy it is to say that this war has been easy when it hasnt hit you right in the face like it has 550 families.
Those families should be prepared.. its not a safe world out there. Everyone who enlists knows the risks when they sign the dotted line.
trey85stang is offline  
post #20 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 04:11 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 95
Re: Re: Re: dieing at a alarming rate, get real, this is war

Quote:
Originally posted by trey85stang
Those families should be prepared.. its not a safe world out there. Everyone who enlists knows the risks when they sign the dotted line.
prepared or not, to say this war has been a "cake walk" because ONLY 550 KIA's is showing no value for a human life. These tallies arent just a number, they are someone's son, father, husband, wife, daughter, etc, etc. I dont care how prepared you are, it doesnt make it any easier

I'd like to pint out that im not a pacifist. I think war at certain times is inevetable, heck, it talks about it in the Bible. But regardless of whether wars can be avoided or not or if i support the current one, Im not going to act like a human life is just some chess piece in a global game

Last edited by DanielMc; 05-05-2004 at 04:15 PM.
DanielMc is offline  
post #21 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 04:23 PM
KJ94GT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by Pro Trash
You moron the Liberal has not spoke out against the Afghanistan campaign or the war on terrorism that is legit. Oh yeah come hunting this liberal and you'll be testing the kiwi on my boot through your ass, moron.
Another fine example of how a liberal responds to a simple political debate.
post #22 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Re: Re: Re: Re: dieing at a alarming rate, get real, this is war

And if this was a conscripted army, you would have a point. It isn't. There is no draft. No one was forced to enlist.


Quote:
Originally posted by DanielMc
prepared or not, to say this war has been a "cake walk" because ONLY 550 KIA's is showing no value for a human life. These tallies arent just a number, they are someone's son, father, husband, wife, daughter, etc, etc. I dont care how prepared you are, it doesnt make it any easier

I'd like to pint out that im not a pacifist. I think war at certain times is inevetable, heck, it talks about it in the Bible. But regardless of whether wars can be avoided or not or if i support the current one, Im not going to act like a human life is just some chess piece in a global game

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #23 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 03:17 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE
 
jyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Midlothian, Tx
Posts: 4,427
are you just as outraged over

The nation's report on fatalities shows there were 43,220 deaths overall on the nation's highways in 2003, up slightly from 42,815 in 2002.

I suppose your a activest for a 55mph speed limit since life means so much to you.
jyro is offline  
post #24 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 04:00 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 95
Re: are you just as outraged over

Quote:
Originally posted by jyro
The nation's report on fatalities shows there were 43,220 deaths overall on the nation's highways in 2003, up slightly from 42,815 in 2002.

I suppose your a activest for a 55mph speed limit since life means so much to you.
When did i say or even act as if i were "outraged"? I never did, but thanks for the spin. What i stated was that although fatalities from war are inevitable (just as the war themselves are), doesnt make the burden from the loss of life any less. I feel the same way about highway fatalities. When you are in a human controlled machine moving that fast, errors are bound to occur. Does this mean i should miss my dad who died in a car crash any less just because "shit happens" rather than if he died from natural causes? I guess he's just 1 number in the 42,815 and I should get over it, as should the families with a family member in the 550.......
DanielMc is offline  
post #25 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Re: Re: are you just as outraged over

this is pretty simple.
Whiel it is noble to serve your country, I dont feel sorry for those that die in the process.
They DID enlist, they were NOT drafted, and they KNEW that at any given moment, they coudl have been called up to the front lines are elsewhere.
The bottom line is you hate W, and if it had been Goreleone in charge, you wouldnt care if it was 550 or 555,555.




Quote:
Originally posted by DanielMc
When did i say or even act as if i were "outraged"? I never did, but thanks for the spin. What i stated was that although fatalities from war are inevitable (just as the war themselves are), doesnt make the burden from the loss of life any less. I feel the same way about highway fatalities. When you are in a human controlled machine moving that fast, errors are bound to occur. Does this mean i should miss my dad who died in a car crash any less just because "shit happens" rather than if he died from natural causes? I guess he's just 1 number in the 42,815 and I should get over it, as should the families with a family member in the 550.......

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #26 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 04:12 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 95
Re: Re: Re: are you just as outraged over

Quote:
Originally posted by HookEm
this is pretty simple.
Whiel it is noble to serve your country, I dont feel sorry for those that die in the process.
They DID enlist, they were NOT drafted, and they KNEW that at any given moment, they coudl have been called up to the front lines are elsewhere.
The bottom line is you hate W, and if it had been Goreleone in charge, you wouldnt care if it was 550 or 555,555.
Thank you for telling me who i hate, who i love, and what i would feel about situations that have never occured. Who holds office doesnt change a damn thing about what a human life means to me, but thanks, next time i wanna check in on who i am...ill shoot you a pm.
DanielMc is offline  
post #27 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Re: Re: Re: Re: are you just as outraged over

You are quite welcome..
Anything else you need help figuring out?

You are FOS.

It amazes me that all these libs were for Clinton bombing an aspirin factory to move the spotlight off his perjury/obstruction of justice/(insert felonious act here) trial are sooooo venhemently agaisnt this war, now that an R is in power.





Quote:
Originally posted by DanielMc
Thank you for telling me who i hate, who i love, and what i would feel about situations that have never occured. Who holds office doesnt change a damn thing about what a human life means to me, but thanks, next time i wanna check in on who i am...ill shoot you a pm.

Last edited by HookEm; 05-06-2004 at 04:26 PM.
HookEm is offline  
post #28 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 04:26 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 95
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: are you just as outraged over

Quote:
Originally posted by HookEm
Yo uare quite welcome..
Anything else yo uneed help figuring out?
yes how a 4-8 season after a new head coach with only one senior who became a nfl player is underachieving more than going from national championship hopeful to finishing 2nd in big 12 south and loosing a bowl game to a washington state with 5x less talent than you?
DanielMc is offline  
post #29 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: are you just as outraged over

BWAHAHAHAHAHHA
It wasn't a reference to last year's Aggy team...it was a reference, by the DMN to the Aggy athletic program in general, that has not won an NCAA NC in 65 years. In ANYTHING.
Aggy was supposed to go 500 or better...many picked them to do well in the conference, but there they went, squeaking by Pig State, etc etc. Too bad you guys didn't play NT last year....or this yr...would love to see the MEan green dismantle Aggydom.
Now, let's not leave the basketball team out, that managed to NOT WIN A CONFERENCE game, even losing to BAYLOR, a team full of walk ons. Aggy sports suck from top to bottom, and there is no way to defend that, or deny it.
Now, Mister 2%...what's a lib doing with Aggy? How did they allow that?
You didn't like just having your ass handed to you politically, you need it handed to you from a sports standpoint, as well?
You ain't in this for the sport, are ya son?

Now, this is not to say I do not respect the institution as a whole.......but the sports program, and most Ags will agree, is severely lacking.
Fran, IMHO, was no an improvement voer RC, who was a class individual, and who coached defense.
And beat Top 10 teams...unlike Franny.


Quote:
Originally posted by DanielMc
yes how a 4-8 season after a new head coach with only one senior who became a nfl player is underachieving more than going from national championship hopeful to finishing 2nd in big 12 south and loosing a bowl game to a washington state with 5x less talent than you?

Last edited by HookEm; 05-06-2004 at 05:55 PM.
HookEm is offline  
post #30 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 10:08 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally posted by KJ94GT
Another fine example of how a liberal responds to a simple political debate.
It is a very simple reply for simple person like yourself. Because I didn't see your ass digging a fox hole next to me in the fall of 1990. If you didn't know that was when Sadam attackeed Kuwait and we deployed and dug in on the Saudi border. I never saw your happy ass standing next to me on a night jump at Fort Bragg, NC either. My point is not all liberal are following the socialist path to big brother. Some of us will stomp a mud hole in your ass for looking at us the wrong way. I remember Patrick Henry was once quoted as saying " The tree of liberty must sometimes be water by the blood of tyrants and patriots". I'm a gun owning, anti-abortion, middle of the road, beer drinking, ex-military southern democrat so you might do well to stay out of my fucking way. Get the point yuppi. Oh yeah here is a picture for ya
Pro Trash is offline  
post #31 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Here is a real picture of Rumsfeld in 1983

He was showing the US support of Sadam which was under Reagan, tied to H. Bush ending with W. Bush now ain't that some shit. This picture is no bullshit one like the one with Fonda and Kerry on the platform.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #32 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Colin Powell quote

I am angry that so many of the sons of the powerful and well-placed... managed to wangle slots in Reserve and National Guard units...Of the many tragedies of Vietnam, this raw class discrimination strikes me as the most damaging to the ideal that all Americans are created equal and owe equal allegiance to their country." (Colin Powell’s autobiography, My American Journey, p. 148)
Pro Trash is offline  
post #33 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 11:27 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Dick is a Dick here is his stance on Vietnam

coward
Pro Trash is offline  
post #34 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 11:27 PM
Honda God
 
Grim Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Taintville,USA
Posts: 1,941
I say I like Bush.

"If its going to be that type of party, I'm sticking my dick in the mashed potatoes."

Lover of Mustangs and Master of Hondas
Grim Reaper is offline  
post #35 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
OK....you are full of it.
KErry is anti gun ownership, pro abortion, anti-military liberal, w/ a more liberal voting record than Ted Kennedy and Hitlery Clinton....now WHY would a Reagan democrat like yoruself vote for him?



Quote:
Originally posted by Pro Trash
It is a very simple reply for simple person like yourself. Because I didn't see your ass digging a fox hole next to me in the fall of 1990. If you didn't know that was when Sadam attackeed Kuwait and we deployed and dug in on the Saudi border. I never saw your happy ass standing next to me on a night jump at Fort Bragg, NC either. My point is not all liberal are following the socialist path to big brother. Some of us will stomp a mud hole in your ass for looking at us the wrong way. I remember Patrick Henry was once quoted as saying " The tree of liberty must sometimes be water by the blood of tyrants and patriots". I'm a gun owning, anti-abortion, middle of the road, beer drinking, ex-military southern democrat so you might do well to stay out of my fucking way. Get the point yuppi. Oh yeah here is a picture for ya

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #36 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Re: Here is a real picture of Rumsfeld in 1983

And?
We were allies at the time.
Hussein was not slaughtering Kurds then, and he was more religously moderate than many options.



Quote:
Originally posted by Pro Trash
He was showing the US support of Sadam which was under Reagan, tied to H. Bush ending with W. Bush now ain't that some shit. This picture is no bullshit one like the one with Fonda and Kerry on the platform.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #37 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 11:32 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
one

more
Pro Trash is offline  
post #38 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 11:37 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally posted by HookEm
OK....you are full of it.
KErry is anti gun ownership, pro abortion, anti-military liberal, w/ a more liberal voting record than Ted Kennedy and Hitlery Clinton....now WHY would a Reagan democrat like yoruself vote for him?
Never said I was 100% sold on him but I refuse to let someone shove a bunch of shit my way about Bush being perfect either. I am currently proud of the President for his stance on the prison abuse. He is stepping up and assuming responsibility for his military commanders actions. We all know he had no way of controlling any part of it but I am impressed. I don't blame him but he has done what responsible leaders do and apologized for those under him. Here is an atta-boy for Dubya
Pro Trash is offline  
post #39 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
All in good spirit

The pictures are just a counter to yours for fun
Pro Trash is offline  
post #40 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 11:47 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Re: Re: Here is a real picture of Rumsfeld in 1983

Quote:
Originally posted by HookEm
And?
We were allies at the time.
Hussein was not slaughtering Kurds then, and he was more religously moderate than many options.
I found this from the national security archives, what do you make of it?

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/press.htm

Washington, D.C., 25 February 2003 - The National Security Archive at George Washington University today published on the Web a series of declassified U.S. documents detailing the U.S. embrace of Saddam Hussein in the early 1980's, including the renewal of diplomatic relations that had been suspended since 1967. The documents show that during this period of renewed U.S. support for Saddam, he had invaded his neighbor (Iran), had long-range nuclear aspirations that would "probably" include "an eventual nuclear weapon capability," harbored known terrorists in Baghdad, abused the human rights of his citizens, and possessed and used chemical weapons on Iranians and his own people. The U.S. response was to renew ties, to provide intelligence and aid to ensure Iraq would not be defeated by Iran, and to send a high-level presidential envoy named Donald Rumsfeld to shake hands with Saddam (20 December 1983). That is where the picture came from.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #41 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Re: Re: Re: Here is a real picture of Rumsfeld in 1983

without going into an exhaustive (read: boring) dissertation on foreign relations, the sum of it all comes to" keep your friends close, and your enemies clsoer.

At that time we were still better off with a religous moderate in, as oppsoed to a religous conservative. Some of the opposition to the removal of Hussein in this action, was because of that very same thing.



Quote:
Originally posted by Pro Trash
I found this from the national security archives, what do you make of it?

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/press.htm

Washington, D.C., 25 February 2003 - The National Security Archive at George Washington University today published on the Web a series of declassified U.S. documents detailing the U.S. embrace of Saddam Hussein in the early 1980's, including the renewal of diplomatic relations that had been suspended since 1967. The documents show that during this period of renewed U.S. support for Saddam, he had invaded his neighbor (Iran), had long-range nuclear aspirations that would "probably" include "an eventual nuclear weapon capability," harbored known terrorists in Baghdad, abused the human rights of his citizens, and possessed and used chemical weapons on Iranians and his own people. The U.S. response was to renew ties, to provide intelligence and aid to ensure Iraq would not be defeated by Iran, and to send a high-level presidential envoy named Donald Rumsfeld to shake hands with Saddam (20 December 1983). That is where the picture came from.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #42 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 11:57 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 95
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: are you just as outraged over

Quote:
Originally posted by HookEm
You are quite welcome..
Anything else you need help figuring out?

You are FOS.

It amazes me that all these libs were for Clinton bombing an aspirin factory to move the spotlight off his perjury/obstruction of justice/(insert felonious act here) trial are sooooo venhemently agaisnt this war, now that an R is in power.

I try to be as mature and as impersonable as possible in these forums, but for you to tell me im full a shit for agreeing or disagreeing with certain actions or policies that you have yet to see me discuss makes you "FOS". My value of human life does not waiver with the label some man carries, so you can halt with that silly little implication. I'll own up to being a lib, but because I am one does not mean i agree with everything every lib says. Guilt by association is a form of bigotry, get over it.

You want to talk politics, sports, etc. Its all in fun and what makes being two educated and passionate people interesting. But you want to call me names like "son" , "2%er" that show little to no respect for me as a person, i draw the line. There is one man in this world that i allow to call me son, you are not him. I'd appreciate you showing me the respect of calling me by my name.

Last edited by DanielMc; 05-07-2004 at 12:03 AM.
DanielMc is offline  
post #43 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: are you just as outraged over

1. The 2% comment was..well, earned. I'm guessing you're an Ag, and most Ags woudl refer to a lib Ag as, at best...a 2%
2. The "son" comment was part of the "you ain't in this por the sport" line....obviously, you've missed that joke, so...if yo uwere offended, my apologies.....it wasn't meant as anything but bbs banter....not to be taken personally. it just goes with the rest of the line.
3. So, you're saying you opposed the war when Clinton was in office? AMazing how it's ahrd to find any liberal who will admit to doing so, yet the DNC whole heartedly support the bombings when Clinton was in office.

Again...if you feel personally, offended, my apologies...I've taken time out of what is basically my Friday night...my 2 hr window at the bar...to extend an apology, so....take that for what it's worth.


Quote:
Originally posted by DanielMc
I try to be as mature and as impersonable as possible in these forums, but for you to tell me im full a shit for agreeing or disagreeing with certain actions or policies that you have yet to see me discuss makes you "FOS". My value of human life does not waiver with the label some man carries, so you can halt with that silly little implication. I'll own up to being a lib, but because I am one does not mean i agree with everything every lib says. Guilt by association is a form of bigotry, get over it.

You want to talk politics, sports, etc. Its all in fun and what makes being two educated and passionate people interesting. But you want to call me names like "son" , "2%er" that show little to no respect for me as a person, i draw the line. There is one man in this world that i allow to call me son, you are not him. I'd appreciate you showing me the respect of calling me by my name.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #44 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 12:22 AM
Beer Swillin' Redneck
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Your Mom's House
Posts: 1,371
Re: Here is a real picture of Rumsfeld in 1983

Quote:
Originally posted by Pro Trash
He was showing the US support of Sadam which was under Reagan, tied to H. Bush ending with W. Bush now ain't that some shit. This picture is no bullshit one like the one with Fonda and Kerry on the platform.
You are ignorant. How could Rumsfield know what Saddam's intentions were? How could he predict what would happen in 5, 10, or 20 years?

Don't forget that in 1983 we were still reeling from 2 gas crunches, Ghadafi, and the Ayatollah of Iran.... We needed some, if not any, help to stabilize that region. Saddam looked promising at the time....Despite his questionable rise to power.

So, what you are saying is that if you saw a picture of Sir Winston Churchill shaking Adolf Hitler's hand in 1934, you would think less of Mr. Churchill? Tell me, how could, in 1934, Sir Winston Churchill know that Hitler intended to conquer the free world and slaughter every person of Jewish heritage in the process? Only if he had read Mein Kampf could he have had a clue to the atrocities that Hitler would do.

Simply put, It is nothing like the Kerry / Fonda picture. In contrast, Kerry knew what Fonda had done and what she stood for....and he was still there. Supporting her & her movement. To date he has not chastised her for her actions. In contrast, Rumsfield went back and kicked the ass of the man he was happy to meet in 1983.

"I have taken more out of alcohol than it has taken out of me."

"If not, by age 20, you are a liberal, then you have no heart. If not, by age 30, you are a conservative, then you have no brain.
MouseKiller is offline  
post #45 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 12:36 AM
Thread Kill
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Irving
Posts: 3,248
Quote:
Originally posted by Pro Trash
You moron the Liberal has not spoke out against the Afghanistan campaign or the war on terrorism that is legit. Oh yeah come hunting this liberal and you'll be testing the kiwi on my boot through your ass, moron.

Is that suppose to be english ? I cant tell which side you're even arguing for. I think you should go back to 4th grade and get you learned sum grammar.
99SVTour is offline  
post #46 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 12:40 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 95
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: are you just as outraged over

Quote:
Originally posted by HookEm
1. The 2% comment was..well, earned. I'm guessing you're an Ag, and most Ags woudl refer to a lib Ag as, at best...a 2%
2. The "son" comment was part of the "you ain't in this por the sport" line....obviously, you've missed that joke, so...if yo uwere offended, my apologies.....it wasn't meant as anything but bbs banter....not to be taken personally. it just goes with the rest of the line.
3. So, you're saying you opposed the war when Clinton was in office? AMazing how it's ahrd to find any liberal who will admit to doing so, yet the DNC whole heartedly support the bombings when Clinton was in office.

Again...if you feel personally, offended, my apologies...I've taken time out of what is basically my Friday night...my 2 hr window at the bar...to extend an apology, so....take that for what it's worth.
Actually i am not an aggie, i just think it funny that the horns like to point and laugh at the aggs and turn their nose up in the air, when they have done very little to accomplish anything on the football feild eventhough they have as much talent as anyone (maybe not miami). FWIW, i have set down with a good friend who is a former yell leader at A&M, discussed my beliefs and political views, and the last thing i believe that man would call me is a 2%. Liberal? Sure ill own up to that.
I guess ive been called a "fuckin idiot" or "moron" on this site 1 too many times to put up with any form of name-calling. I trust that you had no Ill intent, i fully accept the apology. I see it occur everytime on both sides of an arguement, i get so tired of a discussion of a mature issue ending in childish name calling.
I did not agree with what clinton did, he made a choice on intellegence, bricked it bad, and killed innocent people. All on a day when he was in neck high shit for messing around with an intern.

One thing i do not like to occur is being thrown into that "socialist immoral" bracket that so many conservatives prefer to stoop to. I do not think of all conservatives as "idiot fascist" therefore i will not accuse you of being one.
DanielMc is offline  
post #47 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 12:44 AM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally posted by 99SVTour
Is that suppose to be english ? I cant tell which side you're even arguing for. I think you should go back to 4th grade and get you learned sum grammar.
I have degree, teach school, seem to be human so I do mispell things often. I have 9 1/2 of Army service time and have trained more troops than your ass owns socks and underwear. Also please refrain from correcting my grammar when your ignorant ass spells some "sum" look at your post. This is not not math Jr., also it is better to shut the hell up and let people assume you're an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #48 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: are you just as outraged over

im ok w/ 11 win seasons...i remember the early 90s, late 80s and how bad it was...
and again, i was talking about the program as a whole, not jsut football...as is the quote.
and to get this back to where it was....

Your team sucks.





Quote:
Originally posted by DanielMc
Actually i am not an aggie, i just think it funny that the horns like to point and laugh at the aggs and turn their nose up in the air, when they have done very little to accomplish anything on the football feild eventhough they have as much talent as anyone (maybe not miami). FWIW, i have set down with a good friend who is a former yell leader at A&M, discussed my beliefs and political views, and the last thing i believe that man would call me is a 2%. Liberal? Sure ill own up to that.
I guess ive been called a "fuckin idiot" or "moron" on this site 1 too many times to put up with any form of name-calling. I trust that you had no Ill intent, i fully accept the apology. I see it occur everytime on both sides of an arguement, i get so tired of a discussion of a mature issue ending in childish name calling.
I did not agree with what clinton did, he made a choice on intellegence, bricked it bad, and killed innocent people. All on a day when he was in neck high shit for messing around with an intern.

One thing i do not like to occur is being thrown into that "socialist immoral" bracket that so many conservatives prefer to stoop to. I do not think of all conservatives as "idiot fascist" therefore i will not accuse you of being one.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #49 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
oh my...someone missed the sarcasm...and the ultimate in irony:

"it is better to shut the hell up and let people assume you're an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.


Quote:
Originally posted by Pro Trash
I have degree, teach school, seem to be human so I do mispell things often. I have 9 1/2 of Army service time and have trained more troops than your ass owns socks and underwear. Also please refrain from correcting my grammar when your ignorant ass spells some "sum" look at your post. This is not not math Jr., also it is better to shut the hell up and let people assume you're an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #50 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 12:50 AM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Re: Re: Here is a real picture of Rumsfeld in 1983

Quote:
Originally posted by MouseKiller
You are ignorant. How could Rumsfield know what Saddam's intentions were? How could he predict what would happen in 5, 10, or 20 years?

Don't forget that in 1983 we were still reeling from 2 gas crunches, Ghadafi, and the Ayatollah of Iran.... We needed some, if not any, help to stabilize that region. Saddam looked promising at the time....Despite his questionable rise to power.

So, what you are saying is that if you saw a picture of Sir Winston Churchill shaking Adolf Hitler's hand in 1934, you would think less of Mr. Churchill? Tell me, how could, in 1934, Sir Winston Churchill know that Hitler intended to conquer the free world and slaughter every person of Jewish heritage in the process? Only if he had read Mein Kampf could he have had a clue to the atrocities that Hitler would do.

Simply put, It is nothing like the Kerry / Fonda picture. In contrast, Kerry knew what Fonda had done and what she stood for....and he was still there. Supporting her & her movement. To date he has not chastised her for her actions. In contrast, Rumsfield went back and kicked the ass of the man he was happy to meet in 1983.
It not ignorancec it was a fact. You put words in my mouth in my book that makes you the dumbass. I never said the Republicans could predict anything. I simply pointed out the mistake they made. Everyone seems content with pointing out everything in Kerry's past, try eating your own shit for a while. Also don't try to sound like you have any fucking clue when you compare Churchill/Hitler, some B.S. you pulled out of your ass to a known fact. That is truely apples and oranges. I simply pointed out the obvious get back on the tracks Jr. your blindly going where only dumbasses go. Also do you understand that the picture of Fonda and Kerry standing on the press box was fake. Oh by the way if Bush 1 would have done it right the first time when we had the world behind us and 450,000 troops on the ground (1991) we wouldn't be where we are today. I was put on the front page of USA Today and quoted as saying we should have taken down Sadam's Regime when we had the chance.Let me know if you'd like to see it I never bullshit, I shoot straight. I fought in Desert Storm so I am very aware of what it is like to live and fight over there, are you?
Pro Trash is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome