Are libs this desperate? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Thumbs down Are libs this desperate?

G.O.P. Protesters Plan to Infiltrate Convention as Volunteers

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 03:31 PM

Wow, wouldn't that be a hoot to see in person. It doesn't surprise me that citizens would try that. I'll bet those RNC drones will be worried sick some waiter might pull out a megaphone. "Are libs this desperate?" 281R, you are a jackass. You anti-liberal spew is a bore. Where did the article mention once something about a liberal? Give it a rest. "GOP Protestors" probably makes up 75% of NY. "I think they don't understand either just how much of New York City is not prepared to welcome them," said Amanda Hickman, "I don't think that has clicked."
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally posted by RidinSpinnas
Wow, wouldn't that be a hoot to see in person.
I'd bet u would love to join in.
Quote:

It doesn't surprise me that citizens would try that. I'll bet those RNC drones will be worried sick some waiter might pull out a megaphone. "Are libs this desperate?"
I guess it seems you are, b/c now you've resulted to dirty name calling.
Quote:

281R, you are a jackass.
Takes one to know one
Quote:

You anti-liberal spew is a bore. Where did the article mention once something about a liberal?
Who else would want to do it?
Quote:

Give it a rest. "GOP Protestors" probably makes up 75% of NY. "I think they don't understand either just how much of New York City is not prepared to welcome them," said Amanda Hickman, "I don't think that has clicked."
Man, these newbies now days

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 04:08 PM
Hero in a half shell

of course they are desperate, they are still seething mad about the 2000 election

post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally posted by x_redhotcobra_x
of course they are desperate, they are still seething mad about the 2000 election
It's called "Mad Lib" disease

post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 04:36 PM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally posted by 281R
It's called "Mad Lib" disease
ha!

post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 04:38 PM
Hero in a half shell

hey 281R, check this site out, i think you will like it. i post as Liberal_Slayer

www.protestwarrior.com

i have bought two shirts from this site

post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Quote:
hey 281R, check this site out, i think you will like it. i post as Liberal_Slayer

www.protestwarrior.com

i have bought two shirts from this site
It great.... The pictures are priceless

post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 05:23 PM
Hero in a half shell

you should join the dallas hq chapter, i joined the katy texas chapter

post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 01:18 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Oh, I think we'll be better in a few months.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 01:33 AM

Quote:
which 2000 election are you talking about? the citizen election that gore won? or the election that took place in pappy bush's supreme court? youre right im pretty pissed about both. There's something about ruining everything this country is supposed to stand for IE Democracy that really gets under my skin
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 01:52 AM
351 in the works

Quote:
Originally posted by DanielMc
which 2000 election are you talking about? the citizen election that gore won? or the election that took place in pappy bush's supreme court? youre right im pretty pissed about both. There's something about ruining everything this country is supposed to stand for IE Democracy that really gets under my skin
Liberals dont know squat. What are you going to do if kerry is in office? oh and all this shit that the tax cuts only benifeted the rich thats bull shit. Any one that has stocks benifited I know you didnt say any thing about that but the rest of your (lib) pals have been screaming it. If you look at the tax cuts you will see that you have been taxed twice on your dividends. Now only once before there was up to a 70% tax on dividends now is that right I think not.
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by clean89
Liberals dont know squat. What are you going to do if kerry is in office? oh and all this shit that the tax cuts only benifeted the rich thats bull shit. Any one that has stocks benifited I know you didnt say any thing about that but the rest of your (lib) pals have been screaming it. If you look at the tax cuts you will see that you have been taxed twice on your dividends. Now only once before there was up to a 70% tax on dividends now is that right I think not.
let's see i post about the election, then tell me i dont know squat for bitching about something i didnt bitch about I dont really give a shit about stocks because like you, "im a poor college student who can still see the light"
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Taxed twice?
How about having to pay payroll taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, school taxes, and fica taxes.

Is that fair? "I think not"
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Lifer

Quote:
There's something about ruining everything this country is supposed to stand for IE Democracy that really gets under my skin
Daaayum! I think the kid sized it up completely in one sentence.
Now lets hear a bunch of "conservative" blather.

post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally posted by black01gt
Your on a sinking ship

post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 05:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Liberals dont know squat. What are you going to do if kerry is in office?
uh...have a big party!
Then go get Osama (remember him?), and protect ourselves, not that the duct tape doesn't make me feel secure, but I'd just rather have Bin Laden "handeled". Then set back and watch how fast this becomes an un-depressed nation. After that, go re-make some international friends (i know you conservs don't think we need em, but just in case...). Oh..bitch about Bush til the fun wears off of that, then..I don't know, it's a whole new horizen at that point.
Why do you ask "Two Dogs"?

post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Your on a sinking ship
Then, in that case my friend...so are you!

post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Whjat i love is when you point out the cold hard facts about florida and the election, regardless of stupid ass chads and a recount, but the blacks illegally removed from the roles and the absentee ballots counted even though florida law prohibited it(postmarked after the day of the election). you never get any defense simply "we'll thank god its not gore"...or "what would have happened if gore was in office?" Like they dont give a shit that this country is set upon the principles of a DEMOCRACY and that our forefathers fought and died so we could all have a vote equally and legally under the law, thats right, awar that actually benefited their citizens. not benefited the CEO's by retaining a countries economic assets. The Bush's basically discredited and ruined this whole concept in the 2000 election...and basically all these conservatives do is look the other way
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 06:00 PM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
uh...have a big party!
Then go get Osama (remember him?),
we are getting him, dont be fooled by the media attention that is primarily focused on Iraq.

post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Quote:
uh...have a big party!
After that, go re-make some international friends
BTW, Can we hand our military over to the UN while we are at it? Isnt that what who you are voting for wants? Maybe then we can help contribute with the food for oil scandle and be on the inside of things this time
LOL!

post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Quote:
Whjat i love is when you point out the cold hard facts about florida and the election, regardless of stupid ass chads and a recount, but the blacks illegally removed from the roles and the absentee ballots counted even though florida law prohibited it(postmarked after the day of the election). you never get any defense simply "we'll thank god its not gore"...or "what would have happened if gore was in office?" Like they dont give a shit that this country is set upon the principles of a DEMOCRACY and that our forefathers fought and died so we could all have a vote equally and legally under the law, thats right, awar that actually benefited their citizens. not benefited the CEO's by retaining a countries economic assets. The Bush's basically discredited and ruined this whole concept in the 2000 election...and basically all these conservatives do is look the other way
The fact is you do not have any hard facts, and Bush won it fair and square. Its the dems that called for a recount.

post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Quote:
Then, in that case my friend...so are you!
Except mine is a submarine

post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Quote:
uh...have a big party!
Then go get Osama (remember him?),
How we going to get him? bow at the UN? or sit back and wait to see maybe if he'll come to vacation in the US?

post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 08:57 PM

Quote:
The fact is you do not have any hard facts, and Bush won it fair and square. Its the dems that called for a recount.
buhahahahahaha
did you actually read my post?
i said REGARDLESS OF A RECOUNT, if jeb wouldnt have committed illegal actions gore would have won.
The hard facts are that florida has a law in their constitutuion that says that no convicted felon can vote for the president, so jeb went a hired a private corporation to comprise a list of all the felons in the state. He told them to do a as wide and ecompassing sweep as possible. Even after the company told jeb they we getting "false matches" bush still told them to procede and that that was an the intended purpose. Outcome: 57,000 blacks removed from the voting rolls that WERE NOT MATCHES. These blacks had a history of voting 98% democratically, in a state decided by less than 1000 votes. YOU DO THE MATH. I remember seeinf one interview with black REVEREND of a southern baptitst church who had been trmoved from the polls and couldnt vote for sharing a single initial and birthdate of a convicted felon. Sounds like a good enough reason to remove the most holy of rights in this country right? give me a fucking break.

FURTHERMORE, the absentee ballots. Florida law states that no absentee ballot can be counted if post marked after election day, HUNDREDS of them were. how did bush's campaign get away with it? they whipped out the violin's and started playing the sappy music and told the people that gore was an evil evil democrat that didnt want to count the votes of our nations servicemen and women. What they failed to mention is the fact that he did want them counted, just not illegal ones. damn a man that wants out nation to follow the laws it has established, damn evil democrats!!

Two fill paragraph's containing no hard facts, what a shame eh?
All i hear from you conservatives is recount recount that. fuck a recount, follow the damn laws and principles of our nation and give me the guy who won the damn election, by popular vote and electoral.

Last edited by DanielMc; 04-29-2004 at 10:02 PM.
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Quote:
buhahahahahaha
did you actually read my post?
i said REGARDLESS OF A RECOUNT, if jeb wouldnt have committed illegal actions gore would have won.
The hard facts are that florida has a law in their constitutuion that says that no convicted felon can vote for the president, so jeb went a hired a private corporation to comprise a list of all the felons in the state. He told them to do a as wide and ecompassing sweep as possible. Even after the company told jeb they we getting "false matches" bush still told them to procede and that that was an the intended purpose. Outcome: 20,000 blacks removed from the voting rolls that WERE NOT MATCHES. These blacks had a history of voting 98% democratically, in a state decided by less than 1000 votes. YOU DO THE MATH. I remember seeinf one interview with black REVEREND of a southern baptitst church who had been trmoved from the polls and couldnt vote for sharing a single initial and birthdate of a convicted felon. Sounds like a good enough reason to remove the most holy of rights in this country right? give me a fucking break.

FURTHERMORE, the absentee ballots. Florida law states that no absentee ballot can be counted if post marked after election day, HUNDREDS of them were. how did bush's campaign get away with it? they whipped out the violin's and started playing the sappy music and told the people that gore was an evil evil democrat that didnt want to count the votes of our nations servicemen and women. What they failed to mention is the fact that he did want them counted, just not illegal ones. damn a man that wants out nation to follow the laws it has established, damn evil democrats!!

Two fill paragraph's containing no hard facts, what a shame eh?
All i hear from you conservatives is recount recount that. fuck a recount, follow the damn laws and principles of our nation and give me the guy who won the damn election, by popular vote and electoral.
Hey, what ever, I am no expert at the 2000 election. But Gore lost, says the official results here I'll look more into the election, but whats done is done. He may have won the popular vote maybe, but not the electoral
some aftermath facts I think might be worth considering
A few facts:

Al Gore didn't actually win the popular vote when you factor in the obvious margin of error in the system. One-hundred and six million votes were cast and Gore "lead" by 500,000, less than one-half of one percent. That is well within the margin of error of the current system and it would be be more fairly characterized as a tie. The popular vote doesn't actually matter, but this is one area where Democrats have attacked President Bush as being illegitimate and they're wrong on even that.
The Florida State Supreme Court violated the U.S. Constitution by moving the certification date. They knew that all plenary power with regard to federal elections lies with the state legislature and moved the date anyway.
The case is sent to SCOTUS and they overturn the Florida Supreme Court in an unsigned opinion. That's a mistake I'll return to later.
In the mean time an "equal protection" case is making its way through the federal system challenging the manual counting procedures in Florida. Filed by the Bush team.
The Florida Supreme Court, against the vocal dissent of the Chief Justice who seems to have been chastened by the SCOTUS ruling, issues another ruling that conflicts with the Florida Legislature's election law and jeopardizes Florida's safe-harbor date, which the legislature obviously intended to meet. SIDENOTE: The safe harbor date means that if you have all legal matters solved by a certain date set in federal law and submitted to the Congress, the quality of the electors won't be questioned.
During all of this the Florida Legislature, heavily Republican and in an ongoing war with the liberal state Supreme Court, begins preparations to send it's own set of electoral college delegates, infuriated that their authority has been trampled again by their Supreme Court.
The equal protection case makes it to SCOTUS and the next appeal of the Florida Supreme Court arrives and they're combined to become Bush v. Gore.
SCOTUS, on a 5-4 vote, finds that there is an equal protection problem with Florida's standard for manually counting ballots AND finds that the Florida Supreme Court has once again violated the U.S. Constitution by tampering with election law and also might have violated federal law regarding the safe harbor date. I can't remember.
SCOTUS issues their 5-4 opinion saying what I said above and provides a method, I believe, that can be used that one time to manually count votes that will pass an equal protection challenge. They issue it at around 11:00pm on the safe harbor date leaving one hour to do the recount.
Ideally SCOTUS wouldn't have sent back an unsigned opinion and would have provided a remedy, particularly on that equal protection issue. However, I believe a court can only answer a question that is before it and the equal protection case was still winding its way through the federal system. If they had issued their final Bush v. Gore opinion at the time the unsigned opinion came out there would have been time for a manual statewide recount using a standard SCOTUS provided. This, in theory, would make everybody happy, but I doubt it. The other side would have ended up bitter because the election was so close.
Shoot forward a few months and several independent media outlets have examined the ballots and find that George Bush wins Florida under every scenario in which the votes are counted legally.
One final point: it was a tie. After that it was a matter of who could manage the legal machinery better. Bush won

Last edited by 281R; 04-29-2004 at 09:24 PM.
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Hey, what ever, I am no expert at the 2000 election. But Gore lost, says the official results here I'll look more into the election, but whats done is done. He may have won the popular vote maybe, but not the electoral
some aftermath facts I think might be worth considering
Dude, you have to be fucking joking me.
1) you tell me i have no hard facts, then when i come with them you declare yourself no expert. I bleieve someone whos not an expert doesnt need to go around writting off people for not having evidence
2) I cannot believe that you could possibly have a what is done is done attitude towards this. I guess Clinton should have thrown his hands up on national tv and said "yeah so i lied...whats done is done" and all would have been forgiving. Your Talking about a family(Bushs) stripping the the most HOLY of rights in a democracy away from good innocent people for their personal gain in politics and you want to tell me that what is done is done. SCREW THAT, lets all have that attitude and see what the nation turns out to be.
3) all that mumbo jumbo you posted was all about popular vote and a recount. Ill give you the benifit of the doubt and give you those, but i want to hear you say that if the elections in florida would have been fair and legal bush would be in office right now. They werent and he wouldnt
Furthermore, i believe that bush signed into law ALLOWING what the republicans were bitching about as happening in florida.

Last edited by DanielMc; 04-29-2004 at 10:12 PM.
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Quote:
Dude, you have to be fucking joking me.
1) you tell me i have no hard facts, then when i come with them you declare yourself no expert. I bleieve someone whos not an expert doesnt need to go around writting off people for not having evidence
I am no expert and neither are you. Your evidence isnt hard facts, its opinion and an assumption that if their were those black votes removed (first time I heard about it), your assuming they would vote for Gore is what I got out of it based on history. That is an assumption, not a fact.
Quote:

2) I cannot believe that you could possibly have a what is done is done attitude towards this. I guess Clinton should have thrown his hands up on national tv and said "yeah so i lied...whats done is done" and all would have been forgiving. Your Talking about a family(Bushs) stripping the the most HOLY of rights in a democracy away from good innocent people for their personal gain in politics and you want to tell me that what is done is done. SCREW THAT, lets all have that attitude and see what the nation turns out to be.
What is done is done, you think you can go an prove Gore won and get Bush out the white house and president elect Gore? Nope, so get over it. Like I have said, your opinion posted above is an opion and the law declared Bush the winner. So get over it!
Quote:

3) all that mumbo jumbo you posted was all about popular vote and a recount. Ill give you the benifit of the doubt and give you those, but i want to hear you say that if the elections in florida would have been fair and legal bush would be in office right now.
I cant say that because like I said I was not there, I didnt see what went on, I am no expert at that elections, and all I have yet to hear is one sided opinion of what happend and no "hardcore facts" to back it up. I thought you were the one that said that a person needs to look at both sides of the story?

post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 09:45 AM
Lifer

I love the whining about popular vote. The way someone is elected is by electoral college. There is a reason why it is not popular vote. I am betting you don't know why DanielMc, do you?

If you did, you would not be trying that argument, because it makes you look ignorant about the process.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 11:08 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally posted by 90 Notch
I love the whining about popular vote. The way someone is elected is by electoral college. There is a reason why it is not popular vote. I am betting you don't know why DanielMc, do you?

If you did, you would not be trying that argument, because it makes you look ignorant about the process.

ooh ooh i know i know, because the gov't feels the american people aren't smart enough to pick there own president. So they give the people false hopes to think they actually have a say in politics, with that whole "popular vote" thing. Regardless of that outcome they decide anyways.

Since I know your going to post something else I really can't wait for it. Edumacate me please.
post #31 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I am no expert and neither are you. Your evidence isnt hard facts, its opinion and an assumption that if their were those black votes removed (first time I heard about it), your assuming they would vote for Gore is what I got out of it based on history. That is an assumption, not a fact.
What is done is done, you think you can go an prove Gore won and get Bush out the white house and president elect Gore? Nope, so get over it. Like I have said, your opinion posted above is an opion and the law declared Bush the winner. So get over it!
I cant say that because like I said I was not there, I didnt see what went on, I am no expert at that elections, and all I have yet to hear is one sided opinion of what happend and no "hardcore facts" to back it up. I thought you were the one that said that a person needs to look at both sides of the story?
Existentialism: is that what we have come to in determining fact between opinion? Being there to see it happen? You’re right it must be purely an opinion because i was not there to see the 57000 innocent people turned away, even though i have read countless publications, watched documentaries and seen with my own two eyes interviews of people who were turned away (inculding the reveren of a souther baptist church, removed because he was supposedly a convicted felon ). But i also wasnt there to see Lincoln give the Ghettysburg adress. Does this mean that me thinking it occurred is purely opinion?

Hypocrisy: You tell me what is done is done and that i cant change the past. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, I CANT. I dont want to. I dont want to change the past, I dont want to remove bush from office and replace him with Gore.
Here's a good example: 9/11, we cant change it it happened in the past, so why go after Bin Laden? Why not "get over it" because "what’s done is done"? Because we want to ensure that what happened on 9/11 never happens to the innocent people of our country ever again! That’s why! So why am i not allowed to have the same attitude towards the violation of rights by bush upon our people? I dont want to change the past, i want to ensure that it never happens again, and hold the one's who have comitted these actions accountable, Just as i want to hold Bin Laden.

90 Notch- If you would have actually read all of what i had to say and not just taken some parts out of context you would see that my knowledge of the electoral process is extremely more extensive than you would like to believe. I told 281R that i would give him the benefit of the doubt on the popular vote and that i wanted a fair and legal Florida. If i thought the popular elected the president, wouldn’t this defeat my whole argument (you can go find where i said it if you don’t believe me)
post #32 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by DbonezNY
ooh ooh i know i know, because the gov't feels the american people aren't smart enough to pick there own president. So they give the people false hopes to think they actually have a say in politics, with that whole "popular vote" thing. Regardless of that outcome they decide anyways.

Since I know your going to post something else I really can't wait for it. Edumacate me please.
I have the real answer, not the liberal one you subscribe to. How pitiful that someone like you thinks this system was put in place by the "government" as if there is some machine that arbitrarily makes the rules. Keep checking, you might find the correct answer. I doubt you will like it though since you have NY in your sig. BTW, that is a hint.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #33 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 02:40 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Existentialism: is that what we have come to in determining fact between opinion? Being there to see it happen? You’re right it must be purely an opinion because i was not there to see the 57000 innocent people turned away, even though i have read countless publications, watched documentaries and seen with my own two eyes interviews of people who were turned away (inculding the reveren of a souther baptist church, removed because he was supposedly a convicted felon ). But i also wasnt there to see Lincoln give the Ghettysburg adress. Does this mean that me thinking it occurred is purely opinion?

Hypocrisy: You tell me what is done is done and that i cant change the past. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, I CANT. I dont want to. I dont want to change the past, I dont want to remove bush from office and replace him with Gore.
Here's a good example: 9/11, we cant change it it happened in the past, so why go after Bin Laden? Why not "get over it" because "what’s done is done"? Because we want to ensure that what happened on 9/11 never happens to the innocent people of our country ever again! That’s why! So why am i not allowed to have the same attitude towards the violation of rights by bush upon our people? I dont want to change the past, i want to ensure that it never happens again, and hold the one's who have comitted these actions accountable, Just as i want to hold Bin Laden.

90 Notch- If you would have actually read all of what i had to say and not just taken some parts out of context you would see that my knowledge of the electoral process is extremely more extensive than you would like to believe. I told 281R that i would give him the benefit of the doubt on the popular vote and that i wanted a fair and legal Florida. If i thought the popular elected the president, wouldn’t this defeat my whole argument (you can go find where i said it if you don’t believe me)
OK, I will give you that since I don't care to even try and discredit your statement above if I even could. I am not saying I could, I trust you can't be on that point.

Do you know why we have the electoral college instead of straight popular vote or not?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #34 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 02:42 PM
Secular Dogooderist

It's a check on the people's opinion.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #35 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Quote:
Existentialism: is that what we have come to in determining fact between opinion? Being there to see it happen? You’re right it must be purely an opinion because i was not there to see the 57000 innocent people turned away, even though i have read countless publications, watched documentaries and seen with my own two eyes interviews of people who were turned away (inculding the reveren of a souther baptist church, removed because he was supposedly a convicted felon ).
And I've read documentaries that Elvis is still alive! LOL Then show them (your documetnaries or publications) Dont you think if it were fact the main stream media would be making a hay day? Its a shame that you are wishing and relying on convicted felons to sway the 2000 election. I guess do all convicted felons vote democratic? hmmm if so, I wonder why?

Last edited by 281R; 04-30-2004 at 02:48 PM.
post #36 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 02:48 PM

Quote:
OK, I will give you that since I don't care to even try and discredit your statement above if I even could. I am not saying I could, I trust you can't be on that point.

Do you know why we have the electoral college instead of straight popular vote or not?
Because the constitutuion also has a check and balance of the opinion of the people. Furthermore getting rid of the electoral college policy would carry the same consistency as getting rid of equal number of representaives in the senate.
post #37 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 02:50 PM

Quote:
And I've read documentaries that Elvis is still alive! LOL Then show them (your documetnaries or publications) Dont you think if it were fact the main stream media would be making a hay day? Its a shame that you are wishing and relying on convicted felons to sway the 2000 election. I guess do all convicted felons vote democratic? hmmm if so, I wonder why?
You,re telling me something cant be true if the media's not covering it? give me a break.

again read what i said, people FALSELY ACCUSED OF BEING CONVICTED FELONS!!!!!! or is there no difference to a blind bush backer?

Last edited by DanielMc; 04-30-2004 at 02:55 PM.
post #38 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Quote:
You,re telling me something cant be true if the media's not covering it? give me a break.

again read what i said, people FALSELY ACCUSED OF BEING CONVICTED FELONS!!!!!! or is there no difference to a blind bush backer?
I said post your sources (documentation) or quit blabing. That simple

post #39 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 03:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Because the constitutuion also has a check and balance of the opinion of the people. Furthermore getting rid of the electoral college policy would carry the same consistency as getting rid of equal number of representaives in the senate.
You apparently do have a grasp of the electoral college. I then ask, do you think popualr vote is a better way to elect a president? I am hoping that if you say yes today, that if Bush wins the poular vote you will be demanding that he be given the presidency.

Under that scenario, I imagine Republicans would agree that Kerry won fair and square, but Democrats would not continue their argument that Bush won by popular vote. I was a liberal about a decade or so ago, so I know how they think.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #40 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 03:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Posting sources, this is where the liberal exits stage left. LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 03:08 PM

Quote:
heres one conducted by U of F

http://www.afn.org/~iguana/archives/.../20010909.html
Errors Reported After the 2000 Election
In 2001, the US Civil Rights Commission reported that "Non-felons were removed from voter registration rolls based upon unreliable information..." 22 How did that happen? According to DBT's James Lee, of 173,000 names on a purge list, some 58,000 matched the names on DBT's possible-felon list.23 Of that 58,000, the Associated Press reported "about 12,000 people were listed as having felony convictions in Texas and other states even though many had been convicted of misdemeanors." 24 Of that 12,000, DBT said that roughly 8000 falsely labeled "felons" came from Texas, and others came from Florida.25 This suggests a more-than-70% error rate. Gregory Palast, a columnist for London's Observer, found 714 errors similar errors involving people from Illinois and 990 from Ohio. 26

i dont think theyre numbers are a little too low but hey i doubt youll argue with the #'s getting smaller
Heres another:

http://www.pww.org/article/articleview/4965/1/207

In a letter to the Times, Howard Simon of the Florida American Civil Liberties Union wrote that even more serious is the state’s “failure to reinstate the thousands of voters illegally removed from the rolls before the 2000 election because they shared a birthday or a name with a felon or because they were convicted of a crime in another state.”

This guy wrote a book and apparantly was " there to see it" which would qualify him as expert under your definition:

http://www.gregpalast.com/printerfriendly.cfm?artid=127

heres anothe article from him-
http://www.webcom.com/hrin/magazine/palast.html

list of individuals stories that were removed from roles for fraudulent reasons (i like the 325 future conviction dates):

http://www.workingforchange.com/arti...m?ItemID=15368

i cant remember the name of the documentary i watched on DVD as soon as i find out ill post them name, if youre open minded enough, you might give it a watch, very interesting. The documentary even blaims gore for not handling the situation correctly.
Theres also a complete chapter dedicated to it in Michael Moore's "stupid White men" labeled "A Very American Coup". Pick that up and read it if you can get past the oscar speech

The fact of the matter is, because you have never heard of the removing of blacks off the roles does not mean it does not exsist.

Asking me to post my sources is hard because i prefer books over that of the internet, but i have given you some that support what i have read.

I noticed that the telling me to get over it hypocrisy has stopped, thats good.

This is one Liberal that will not exit stage left

Last edited by DanielMc; 04-30-2004 at 03:40 PM.
post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 03:12 PM

Quote:
You apparently do have a grasp of the electoral college. I then ask, do you think popualr vote is a better way to elect a president? I am hoping that if you say yes today, that if Bush wins the poular vote you will be demanding that he be given the presidency.

Under that scenario, I imagine Republicans would agree that Kerry won fair and square, but Democrats would not continue their argument that Bush won by popular vote. I was a liberal about a decade or so ago, so I know how they think.
i do not believe that any man should win because of poular vote. My arguement was that the bush's used the electoral colleges votes from florida to their advantage and took illegal actions to ensure bush won
post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Quote:
heres one conducted by U of F

http://www.afn.org/~iguana/archives/.../20010909.html
Errors Reported After the 2000 Election
In 2001, the US Civil Rights Commission reported that "Non-felons were removed from voter registration rolls based upon unreliable information..." 22 How did that happen? According to DBT's James Lee, of 173,000 names on a purge list, some 58,000 matched the names on DBT's possible-felon list.23 Of that 58,000, the Associated Press reported "about 12,000 people were listed as having felony convictions in Texas and other states even though many had been convicted of misdemeanors." 24 Of that 12,000, DBT said that roughly 8000 falsely labeled "felons" came from Texas, and others came from Florida.25 This suggests a more-than-70% error rate. Gregory Palast, a columnist for London's Observer, found 714 errors similar errors involving people from Illinois and 990 from Ohio. 26

i dont think theyre numbers are a little too low but hey i doubt youll argue with the #'s getting smaller
Heres another:

http://www.pww.org/article/articleview/4965/1/207

In a letter to the Times, Howard Simon of the Florida American Civil Liberties Union wrote that even more serious is the state’s “failure to reinstate the thousands of voters illegally removed from the rolls before the 2000 election because they shared a birthday or a name with a felon or because they were convicted of a crime in another state.”

This guy wrote a book and apparantly was " there to see it" which would qualify him as expert under your definition:

http://www.gregpalast.com/printerfriendly.cfm?artid=127

heres anothe article from him-
http://www.webcom.com/hrin/magazine/palast.html

list of individuals stories that were removed from roles for fraudulent reasons (i like the 325 future conviction dates):

http://www.workingforchange.com/arti...m?ItemID=15368

i cant remember the name of the documentary i watched on DVD as soon as i find out ill post them name, if youre open minded enough, you might give it a watch, very interesting. The documentary even blaims gore for not handling the situation correctly.
Theres also a complete chapter dedicated to it in Michael Moore's "stupid White men" labeled "A Very American Coup". Pick that up and read it if you can get past the oscar speech

The fact of the matter is, because you have never heard of the removing of blacks off the roles does not mean it does not exsist.

Asking me to post my sources is hard because i prefer books over that of the internet, but i have given you some that support what i have read.

I noticed that the telling me to get over it hypocrisy has stopped, thats good.

This is one Liberal that will not exit stage left
Thankyou
<---- will research

post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 09:18 PM
Lifer

I don't think I have to do much research. Using the ACLU and Michael Moore as proof. Hmmmm, I wonder how many times either of those sources has ever come out with a conservative response to anything.

Would you all of a sudden agree with me solely because Sean Hanntiy or Rush Linbaugh wrote it in their book or article on the net?

You still haven't proven all of these people who are convicted criminals, misdemeanor or felony, would have voted for Gore. I also remember something about alot of military, who are historically conservative, having their votes thrown out or not accepted under some controversy. You are the first person I have read on this board to openly admit he is liberal, I will give you that. I have argued many times that someone should not get offended by being called what they are, I sure wouldn't.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 09:32 PM

Quote:
I don't think I have to do much research. Using the ACLU and Michael Moore as proof. Hmmmm, I wonder how many times either of those sources has ever come out with a conservative response to anything.

Would you all of a sudden agree with me solely because Sean Hanntiy or Rush Linbaugh wrote it in their book or article on the net?

You still haven't proven all of these people who are convicted criminals, misdemeanor or felony, would have voted for Gore. I also remember something about alot of military, who are historically conservative, having their votes thrown out or not accepted under some controversy. You are the first person I have read on this board to openly admit he is liberal, I will give you that. I have argued many times that someone should not get offended by being called what they are, I sure wouldn't.
Youre still calling them convicted felons. they werent convicted, thats the whole point. these people had a history of voting 98% democratically, if you want to believe that this would have suddenly changed because of bush i guess i cant argue with that. but then again, u just made a case for the military voting historically conservative.

The absentee ballots you a referring to were thrown out for one reason nd one reason alone. Florida has a law in the constitutuion that states that all absentee ballots are thrown out if not post marked by the date of the election-without exception. what made this a controversy is the bush campaign came out and started playing the sappy music and accused gore of refusing the miltiary their right to vote. what they failed to mention is that gore wanted florida to follow their own laws. Eventhough this was a law there are hundreds of doucumented absentte ballots counted and accepted that were post marked after the day of the election. so the accusation really runs both ways
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-01-2004, 10:23 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Question: Why haven't we found Osama bin Laden?
Possible Explanation: Maybe Slight Conflict of Interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-03-2004, 01:06 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Youre still calling them convicted felons. they werent convicted, thats the whole point. these people had a history of voting 98% democratically, if you want to believe that this would have suddenly changed because of bush i guess i cant argue with that. but then again, u just made a case for the military voting historically conservative.

The absentee ballots you a referring to were thrown out for one reason nd one reason alone. Florida has a law in the constitutuion that states that all absentee ballots are thrown out if not post marked by the date of the election-without exception. what made this a controversy is the bush campaign came out and started playing the sappy music and accused gore of refusing the miltiary their right to vote. what they failed to mention is that gore wanted florida to follow their own laws. Eventhough this was a law there are hundreds of doucumented absentte ballots counted and accepted that were post marked after the day of the election. so the accusation really runs both ways
OK, Kings X, the election stands. I say move on, I sure have.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 01:35 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Well people are always going to try to circumvent the system to get their point across. I recently read in the Dallas Morning News it was Wednesday that Bush spoke with a pre-selected audience. He won't face the general public he only talks to those who have been screened. I'm not really impressed with that, nor would I be if Kerry did the same thing
post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Recovering Lush

Sources, please.

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 02:14 PM
Recovering Lush

Except for thje fact that Team Goreleone issued a "how to DQ military votes" dossier......

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement