Pat Tillman... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Pat Tillman...

Why can't they respect his wishes? From what I remember, he didn't want a lot of attention when he quit the NFL to go into the Army.
I respect him and his family for the sacrifice he made for his country, but what about all the other soldiers who have died for their country??? Should they not get the same exact treatment as this man has gotten? I mean I know not everyone leaves the NFL to go into the military, but I almost see it as disrespectful to other soldiers. Am I the only one that feels like this???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 09:02 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

I think what you are missing is that those of us who do not have family members or friends over in Iraq or Afghanistan have a way to put a real human face on those that have been lost in our war against terror. This man was a true American hero and is being honored. I do not see anything wrong with that. If anything, it may motivate people to be more patriotic as he was.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 09:07 AM
Very Thankful!

Honestly they wont make that big of a deal about each and every soldier because they don't want people to know so many people are getting killed over there. I honestly think if that's all they did was focus on the negative they would just get more hate for even being at war.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 09:10 AM
I'm Adorkable!

Quote:
Originally posted by CobraChic
Honestly they wont make that big of a deal about each and every soldier because they don't want people to know so many people are getting killed over there. I honestly think if that's all they did was focus on the negative they would just get more hate for even being at war.
Absolutely!

Vandergriff Toyota 817-468-8696
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Maybe, it is just different for me, since my hubby is in the Army and leaves May 11 to go be a 19K (M1A1 crewmember) and then we have no idea where we will be stationed, but we know as soon as the Army has him all trained up, he is going to the sandbox. I just how I would feel if I lost my hubby, and he would be just another statistic. Oh yeah, did I mention he will miss his first son's birth because of the Army. I think that is what hurts the most. Of course, it could also be because I am a hormonal nightmare. But,I just find it as a harsh blow for the other military families.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2004, 07:42 PM

What can I say about Pat Tillman. He's a great American and a true hero. My wife and I are going to name our next kid after him. Hopefully, he will be able to live up to the name. My condolences go out to his family. They should know that he died fighting a just cause.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement