LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Big Fundamental

Oh where, oh where have the WMD's gone?

From No-Hyphens.com

http://www.no-hyphens.com/oh_where.htm

Oh where, oh where have the WMD's gone?

Sunday April 18, 2004

On April 1st, the world hardly noticed when the Jordanian government announced that they had foiled a huge terrorist plot.

A few days later, when the State Department said that the plotters discovered in Jordan were linked to al Qaeda and that the intended target was the U.S. embassy in Amman the world hardly noticed.

Perhaps that's why no-one was listening yesterday when King Abdullah of Jordan told the San Francisco Chronicle that the plot consisted of 5 trucks containing 17 1/2 ton of explosive, chemical weapons and poison gas.

"It was a major, major operation. It would have decapitated the government," King Abdullah said. "Casualties would have been in the thousands. It couldn't have been more sinister."

In a letter to the head of Jordanian intelligence and broadcast on television Abdullah said. "We would not have witnessed anything like it before". He also said that Jordan had "gone through extremely critical times after we learnt the magnitude of what was planned against our people by a handful of terrorists".

An official of the Jordanian government told Agence France-Press that "We found primary materials to make a chemical bomb which, if it had exploded, would have made nearly 20,000 deaths ... in an area of one square kilometer."

Perhaps the most noteworthy fact uncovered by the Chronicle's interview and other sources was that the chemical weapons came from Syria where U.S. weapons inspector David Kay named as a likely home for Iraq's heretofore missing weapons of mass destruction. In Kay's testimony before Congress last year he said that satellite surveillance showed significant vehicular traffic going from Iraq to Syria just prior to the U.S. attack on March 19, 2003. Although Kay added that investigators couldn't be sure that the cargo contained WMD, one of his associates described the evidence as "unquestionable."

As reported by the New York Times on Oct. 29, James Clapper, who heads the National Imagery and Mapping Agency said that "People below the Saddam-Hussein-and-his-sons level saw what was coming and decided the best thing to do was to destroy and disperse."

Israeli intelligence has consistently maintained that while the U.N. weapons inspectors were searching for WMD's in Iraq, Saddam was moving them to Syria, which is the only other country in the world controlled by the Ba'ath Party.

This political argument claiming that Saddam had no proscribed weapons may resonate well with talking heads, but there are millions of us who have seen enough dead bodies in Northern Iraq to be 100% positive that such weapons existed. Until now the only question in our minds has been - where are they now?

Well now we know. They're in Syria.

Somebody please connect the dots before Saddam Hussein's until-now-missing WMD's find their way from Syria to New York, Miami, Houston or Los Angeles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 07:38 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Thats a pretty scary thought. Good article.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 09:21 AM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt93Cobra
Thats a pretty scary thought. Good article.
ditto

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 02:05 PM
Boost is Good

Im surprised no libs replied to your thread

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 281R
Am I reading this thread correctly? That all we accomplished in iraq with weapons of mass destruction was moving them to another location? So now this means another country to invade? Another war to fight? More people to die?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 05:08 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally posted by DanielMc
Am I reading this thread correctly? That all we accomplished in iraq with weapons of mass destruction was moving them to another location?
No, we've removed a brutile dictator and in the process of eslablishing democracy.
Quote:

So now this means another country to invade? Another war to fight? More people to die?
I dont know about the first to, but if these WMDs are now in the hands of terrorist, some ones going to die if we dont get them first. Hopefully they would never reach US shores.

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 05:22 PM

Quote:
No, we've removed a brutile dictator and in the process of eslablishing democracy.
I dont know about the first to, but if these WMDs are now in the hands of terrorist, some ones going to die if we dont get them first. Hopefully they would never reach US shores.
I was reffering to what we accomplished in iraq with regard to WMD? Just moved them to another location? And when bush told america we were going in there i dont think the purpose was to set up a democracy, i believe it was because we were in danger of WMD's Now youre telling me the war in iraq did nothing to accomplish this cause and now theres another group we need to blow to smitherines? "the road goes on forever and the party never ends" Lets get something done for our safety instead of this and i quote "crusade" we're on

Last edited by DanielMc; 04-22-2004 at 05:25 PM.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 07:50 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:
I was reffering to what we accomplished in iraq with regard to WMD? Just moved them to another location? And when bush told america we were going in there i dont think the purpose was to set up a democracy, i believe it was because we were in danger of WMD's Now youre telling me the war in iraq did nothing to accomplish this cause and now theres another group we need to blow to smitherines? "the road goes on forever and the party never ends" Lets get something done for our safety instead of this and i quote "crusade" we're on
so what do we do? sit back and wait? or actively place offence and go out and get these bad guys?

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 07:56 PM
Lifer

Quote:
noo, bush clearly stated that because of the threat of wmd and chemical weapons, we would go remove saddam from leadership and instill a democracy. it wasnt only to get rid of the threat of wmd's.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Big Fundamental

Saddam was moving all the chemical weapons to Syria while barring the weapons inspectors, something he has done on and off since 1999, while the UN was supposed to be monitoring Iraq and making sure they abided by the terms of the cease-fire from the Gulf War. The UN wasn't, Iraq didn't, so we took Saddam's ass out.

If a guy wants to kill you and he starts making knives for another guy that wants to kill you, shouldn't you kill the guy before he figures out how to make guns?

Scott
1990 Bright Red Mustang LX hatch

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1 - Gone
2001 Silver SVT Cobra - Gone
2006 Ford Fusion SE - Dadmobile
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2004, 09:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Hello!
"the Jordanian Government announced"
"King Abdullah of Jordon told the San Francisco Chronicle..."
Supposedly we have intellegence and coverage that could watch me scratch my... But we always seem to be a day late and a few rings from the Bullseye!
Either our intellegence is near worthless and/or it is not being utilized properly by our "leadership".
Perhaps a few more hundred $Billions would help.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2004, 09:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Yea, jeez if that were to happen thousands of Americans could die in,say... New York City.
Arabs (Al Queda) consider WMDs in all shapes and sizes. Particularly when they see us focused on one target.

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 03:12 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Originally posted by nicotino15
noo, bush clearly stated that because of the threat of wmd and chemical weapons, we would go remove saddam from leadership and instill a democracy. it wasnt only to get rid of the threat of wmd's.
You've got it all wrong. The "liberation" of Iraq was merely the consequence of the WMD search. God damn rebublicans just say that bullshit to make that fuckin asshat bush look good. 'Ol G.W. probably wouldn't give two shits about what the future holds for Iraq, just knows that he has to do something to cover his ass. Fuckin' idiot

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 04:06 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally posted by BadLXHB302
You've got it all wrong.
Yea, yea, and I bet you have proof to back it up also, go figure
Quote:

The "liberation" of Iraq was merely the consequence of the WMD search. God damn rebublicans just say that bullshit to make that fuckin asshat bush look good.
Oh, I see, so before we declared war against Sadaam if we found the WMDs we would just let the Iraq people rebuild their own country? Dude, you hardly make sense.
Quote:

'Ol G.W. probably wouldn't give two shits about what the future holds for Iraq, just knows that he has to do something to cover his ass. Fuckin' idiot
I vote you the F"n" idot b/c I know you lack any proof to back anything up other than wild accusations.

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 12:09 AM
Lifer

Quote:
[B]
Oh, I see, so before we declared war against Sadaam if we found the WMDs we would just let the Iraq people rebuild their own country? Dude, you hardly make sense.
uh...at that point, Iraq would not have needed to be rebuilt.
I do have to agree with the statement.."Bush doesn't give two shits about the people of Iraq". Hell, he don't even care about the people of America, unless they can make a LARGE contribution to his uh.."campaign".

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 12:21 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by nicotino15
And Cheney etal, also have him convinced that "if he really wants to" he can...catch a fart and paint it green.

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 08:52 AM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally posted by black01gt

I do have to agree with the statement.."Bush doesn't give two shits about the people of Iraq". Hell, he don't even care about the people of America, unless they can make a LARGE contribution to his uh.."campaign".
Thats a very big and bold statement coming from a person that dosent even know GWB personally.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 12:00 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Thats a very big and bold statement coming from a person that dosent even know GWB personally.
What !?!

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2004, 08:01 PM

The wmd's weren't the main justification for war. We went into Iraq to give them their freedom. The wmd's are in Syria, so, when we are done with Iraq. Syria better watchout, becasue, we are going to kick their asses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement