Anybody know why in the hell we still have troops in IRAQ?? - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Anybody know why in the hell we still have troops in IRAQ??

Seems like the U.S. military presence is absolutely unnecessary. This is bullshit. I can't seem to figure out why...

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 05:49 PM
A+
would read again
 
A+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Girlswithoutweinersville, Tx
Posts: 6,886
shit, when you find out....let me know

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
A+ is offline  
post #3 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 05:50 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Giving your mom a glass bottomed boat!
Posts: 1,289
Because Bush is the Devil!!!
Jarhead88 is offline  
 
post #4 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally posted by Jarhead88
Because Bush is the Devil!!!
No shit... I can't wait 'til november.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #5 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 05:53 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 778
Ok, you liberals, what would you do??? Dont say, "we should have never been there!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH." What would you do RIGHT NOW???? And why????
fastfordfan1 is offline  
post #6 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Hero in a half shell
 
Fobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Richmond Tx
Posts: 2,584

Fobra is offline  
post #7 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally posted by x_redhotcobra_x
NICE!!!!
fastfordfan1 is offline  
post #8 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 07:06 PM
Hero in a half shell
 
Fobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Richmond Tx
Posts: 2,584
thx

Fobra is offline  
post #9 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Denton tx
Posts: 559
probably because they have those fucking towels wraped around thier heads so tight they can't think clearly enough to organize a new government.

If the pussies would stop screaming that kill the white man bullshit and get on with thier lives they might have a chance at a decent life.

We could do'em like the Native Americans and jack all thier shit -
Somebody needs to teach those motherfuckers some American History and maybe they'll shut the fuck up!

---------------------------------
WHY TIP TOE THROUGH LIFE TO ARIVE SAFELY AT DEATH......
turbos66coupe is offline  
post #10 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Giving your mom a glass bottomed boat!
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally posted by fastfordfan1
Ok, you liberals, what would you do??? Dont say, "we should have never been there!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH." What would you do RIGHT NOW???? And why????
Have you ever been in a foreign country fighting for motherfuckers that don't even want you there, well I have and it sucks, I don't agree with our boys and girls being over there but I understand that they have orders to follow.
Jarhead88 is offline  
post #11 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 778
Only about 2% of the population dont want us there, and we are handling them. So, 98% of the population either is neutral or in favor of us being there and liberating them for the evil dictator.
fastfordfan1 is offline  
post #12 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Hero in a half shell
 
Fobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Richmond Tx
Posts: 2,584
Quote:
Originally posted by fastfordfan1
Only about 2% of the population dont want us there, and we are handling them. So, 98% of the population either is neutral or in favor of us being there and liberating them for the evil dictator.
exactly, the problem is most of the elite media usually reports the people who dont want us there.

Fobra is offline  
post #13 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 08:22 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Giving your mom a glass bottomed boat!
Posts: 1,289
Are you sure about that 2%?
Jarhead88 is offline  
post #14 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 778
Pretty sure
fastfordfan1 is offline  
post #15 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 08:30 PM
American Badass
 
SMOKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Grayson County
Posts: 4,474
I by no means am an expert, but do have a opinion. I feel that we are still there for four major reasons. First, to help the nation of Iraq establish a new democratic government, second to stop Hussien (sp) followers from stirring up shit in the new nation, to HOPEFULLY find Weapons of Mass Destruction, and finally for the Oil. My reasons for this is one, it helps democratic nations like the US to settle issues in the United Nations (think of it like a Republican trying to get more people to become Republicans to back his ideas and president in this nation), secondly the Hussein followers are going around killing innocent people and this needs to stop, thirdly Bush really needs for the troops to find weapons of mass destruction so he doesn't look so bad, and finally even though the oil hasn't really been mentioned everyone knows that the world is running out of oil and so the US is trying to become really friendly with all the nations that have the oil.

Sorry about the long post, but it does make sense.


'90 LX fastback 5.0 White with porno red interior. (SLOW PONY)
Classic Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
"Still angry? A post like that makes me think you tasted someones dick at some point in your life."
SMOKEY is offline  
post #16 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Giving your mom a glass bottomed boat!
Posts: 1,289
Quote:
Originally posted by SMOKEY
I by no means am an expert, but do have a opinion. I feel that we are still there for four major reasons. First, to help the nation of Iraq establish a new democratic government, second to stop Hussien (sp) followers from stirring up shit in the new nation, to HOPEFULLY find Weapons of Mass Destruction, and finally for the Oil. My reasons for this is one, it helps democratic nations like the US to settle issues in the United Nations (think of it like a Republican trying to get more people to become Republicans to back his ideas and president in this nation), secondly the Hussein followers are going around killing innocent people and this needs to stop, thirdly Bush really needs for the troops to find weapons of mass destruction so he doesn't look so bad, and finally even though the oil hasn't really been mentioned everyone knows that the world is running out of oil and so the US is trying to become really friendly with all the nations that have the oil.

Sorry about the long post, but it does make sense.

I agree with you to an extent.
Jarhead88 is offline  
post #17 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 08:55 PM
American Badass
 
SMOKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Grayson County
Posts: 4,474
Anyone one else, this is a interesting topic. What about the 911 cover-ups

'90 LX fastback 5.0 White with porno red interior. (SLOW PONY)
Classic Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
"Still angry? A post like that makes me think you tasted someones dick at some point in your life."
SMOKEY is offline  
post #18 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 09:11 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 778
And what 9-11 cover ups would you be referring to???
fastfordfan1 is offline  
post #19 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Hero in a half shell
 
Fobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Richmond Tx
Posts: 2,584
Quote:
Originally posted by fastfordfan1
And what 9-11 cover ups would you be referring to???
i was thinking the samething lol

Fobra is offline  
post #20 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Shouldn't the real question be "Does anyone except for the most liberal of Democrats NOT understand why we are in Iraq?"

The war on terror is not just against Al Quaeda, the Taliban, or any one specific terrooist group. It is against all terror.

I pose this question to those who think Bush is doing this war for any other reason than our safety. What would you say if there is another major terror attack on American soil or against American interests abroad and Bush had not done everything possible to stop it?

I know the answer if you liberals are honest, you would be screaming at the top of your lungs for him to resign.

Hell, Clinton had the 1993 attack against the WTC, a major bombing of an embassy, and the attack against the USS Cole. Yeah, I can see where a passive stance against global terrorism like his would be the route to go.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #21 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 01:27 PM
OC
Lifer
 
OC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,099
Quote:
Originally posted by fastfordfan1
Pretty sure
I would check that 2% statistic you gave. While it is true most Americans do/did support the intial war against Iraq, the number who support the troops still being over there has swung dramatically against keeping them there. I believe it is like 50+% against having them there. Happened to read it on one of the Yahoo new stories on Wednesday.
OC is offline  
post #22 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally posted by reef93gt
I would check that 2% statistic you gave. While it is true most Americans do/did support the intial war against Iraq, the number who support the troops still being over there has swung dramatically against keeping them there. I believe it is like 50+% against having them there. Happened to read it on one of the Yahoo new stories on Wednesday.
You better read what I originally wrote again
fastfordfan1 is offline  
post #23 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 02:07 PM
OC
Lifer
 
OC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,099
Quote:
Originally posted by fastfordfan1
You better read what I originally wrote again
Got it, thought you were referring to the American's, didn't mean to misquote you.
OC is offline  
post #24 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 05:49 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally posted by SMOKEY
thirdly Bush really needs for the troops to find weapons of mass destruction so he doesn't look so bad, and finally even though the oil hasn't really been mentioned everyone knows that the world is running out of oil and so the US is trying to become really friendly with all the nations that have the oil.

Sorry about the long post, but it does make sense.

And maybe while we're at it, we can turn em all into Southern Baptist!
You're right, "Bush really (really!!!) needs em to find WMD" and quick! There is still time for him to "plant" some.
Or here's a good plan. He could FINALLY go get Bin Laden around September or October. Yea-that should do it.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #25 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 06:23 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally posted by 90 Notch


I pose this question to those who think Bush is doing this war for any other reason than our safety. What would you say if there is another major terror attack on American soil or against American interests abroad and Bush had not done everything possible to stop it?

And I pose this question. If you didn't have the moniker "liberal" to pin on anyone that opposed your opinion, would you be just shit out of luck as a "hardliner"?
With Bush's head entirely up Irags ass, when they were waaay down the list of direct threats to the US, I absolutely question his motives for "conflict" and his concern for the safety of the citizens of THIS country. If he is doing such a great job, why are we fighting Iraq while trying to keep an eye on Al Queda. I will agree that NOW, Irag might be a good place to look for them, along with every window and door of the US or friends. But lets focus on and sacrifice for "liberating" people that can't be liberated, and wouldn't appreciate it if we could! I hate to use this reason because I don't believe this is Bush's true motive. He FLIP FLOPS so much between terrorist threat, WMD, liberating the Irag ppl,ect. ect.
Maybe:Oil,re-election,oil, cronyism, oil, Cheney, re-election.
If he did his damn job, re-election would take care of it's self!

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #26 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 09:56 PM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally posted by black01gt
And I pose this question. If you didn't have the moniker "liberal" to pin on anyone that opposed your opinion, would you be just shit out of luck as a "hardliner"?
With Bush's head entirely up Irags ass, when they were waaay down the list of direct threats to the US, I absolutely question his motives for "conflict" and his concern for the safety of the citizens of THIS country. If he is doing such a great job, why are we fighting Iraq while trying to keep an eye on Al Queda. I will agree that NOW, Irag might be a good place to look for them, along with every window and door of the US or friends. But lets focus on and sacrifice for "liberating" people that can't be liberated, and wouldn't appreciate it if we could! I hate to use this reason because I don't believe this is Bush's true motive. He FLIP FLOPS so much between terrorist threat, WMD, liberating the Irag ppl,ect. ect.
Maybe:Oil,re-election,oil, cronyism, oil, Cheney, re-election.
If he did his damn job, re-election would take care of it's self!
Feel free to answer my question first, then I will try and decipher your question.

Here is another question if you ever decide to try and answer the first one, why do you and other persons who speak liberal speak get so offended by being called to the mat for it?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #27 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 10:26 PM
OC
Lifer
 
OC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,099
Quote:
Originally posted by 90 Notch
Shouldn't the real question be "Does anyone except for the most liberal of Democrats NOT understand why we are in Iraq?"

The war on terror is not just against Al Quaeda, the Taliban, or any one specific terrooist group. It is against all terror.

I pose this question to those who think Bush is doing this war for any other reason than our safety. What would you say if there is another major terror attack on American soil or against American interests abroad and Bush had not done everything possible to stop it?

I know the answer if you liberals are honest, you would be screaming at the top of your lungs for him to resign.

Hell, Clinton had the 1993 attack against the WTC, a major bombing of an embassy, and the attack against the USS Cole. Yeah, I can see where a passive stance against global terrorism like his would be the route to go.
I understand why we went in there, and I actually believe that Clinton's passive stance caused 9/11. However my question is if we already went in there and got Saddam, and won the war, why are we still there. Is it our responsibility to rebuild their country?
OC is offline  
post #28 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 12:00 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South of the Red River
Posts: 3,332
Quote:
Originally posted by 90 Notch
Feel free to answer my question first, then I will try and decipher your question.

Here is another question if you ever decide to try and answer the first one, why do you and other persons who speak liberal speak get so offended by being called to the mat for it?
I did answer your question, but lets try this:
1)I DO think there is going to be another attack on American soil, like there has already been recently on foriegn soil by Al Queda. NOT IRAQ; AL QUEDA, do you get it?!? I already, absolutely DO NOT think that Bush has done everything possible to protect Americans, and has in fact diverted an extremely focused, patriotic and united American society (remember all the Flags & emails with pics of Bin Laden with a missle up his ass) to chase his own agenda in Iraq. I don't need to wait for another attack, to ask for his resignation. I think he and Ken Lay should be cell mates now.
2) I don't get offended, but actually am amused by the lack of vocabulary used by "conservatives". I also don't consider my common sense views as liberal. Just because I don't think gov't spending LIBERALLY is a good idea, doesn't make me consider myself a "liberal". Just because I think we should CONSERVE the economy and security of this nation (for real, not with smoke and mirrors) doesn't make me consider myself a "conservative". But if you need to, call me what makes it simple for you.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
black01gt is offline  
post #29 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
I think he just wanted to call somebody a liberal.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #30 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 07:06 AM
Time Served
 
stung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hog Heaven
Posts: 704
What's the title of this forum?

Some of you forget there are more terrorists other than AlQuida. This war is against terrorism not just AlQuida. Iraq was supporting terrorists not only financially but by giving them safe-haven, logistical support and technology. The latter of those mentioned is where the urgancy comes into play.
stung is offline  
post #31 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 09:26 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 753
A little reading material for the naysayers…


Chicago, L.A. towers were next targets

By Paul Martin
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

LONDON — Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, al Qaeda's purported operations chief, has told U.S. interrogators that the group had been planning attacks on the Library Tower in Los Angeles and the Sears Tower in Chicago on the heels of the September 11, 2001, terror strikes.

Those plans were aborted mainly because of the decisive U.S. response to the New York and Washington attacks, which disrupted the terrorist organization's plans so thoroughly that it could not proceed, according to transcripts of his conversations with interrogators….

"The original plan was for a two-pronged attack with five targets on the East Coast of America and five on the West Coast," he told interrogators, according to the transcript…

But the terrorists seem to have been surprised by the strength of the American reaction to the September 11 attacks.

"Afterwards, we never got time to catch our breath, we were immediately on the run," Mohammed is quoted as saying.

Al Qaeda's communications network was severely disrupted, he said. Operatives could no longer use satellite phones and had to rely on couriers, although they continued to use Internet chat rooms.

"Before September 11, we could dispatch operatives with the expectation of follow-up contact, but after October 7 [when U.S. bombing started in Afghanistan], that changed 180 degrees. There was no longer a war room ... and operatives had more autonomy."

http://www.washtimes.com/world/20040...0655-9785r.htm

What has gone right in Iraq

Jeff Jacoby
April 2, 2004

With all the news coming out of the Middle East, here is a detail you might have missed: A few weeks ago, the United Nations shut down the Ashrafi refugee camp in southwestern Iran. For years Ashrafi had been the largest facility in the world housing displaced Iraqis, tens of thousands of whom had been driven from their homes by Saddam Hussein's brutality. But with Saddam behind bars and his Baathist dictatorship crushed, Iraqi exiles have been flocking home. By mid-February the camp had literally emptied out. Now, the UN High Commissioner for Refugees reports, "nothing remains of Ashrafi but rubble and a few stones."

Refugees surging to Iraq? That isn't what the antiwar legions told us would happen if George Bush made good on his vow to end Saddam's reign of terror. Over and over they warned that a US invasion would trigger a humanitarian cataclysm, including a flood of refugees from Iraq. This, for instance, was Martin Sheen at a Los Angeles news conference a month before the war began:

"As the dogs of war slouch towards Baghdad, we need to be reminded that as many as 2 million refugees could become a reality, as well as half a million fatalities."

Writing on the left-wing website AlterNet last March, senior editor Tai Moses dreaded the coming of a war that "could create more than a million refugees in Iraq and neighboring countries." The BBC, citing a "confidential" UN document, predicted that up to 500,000 Iraqis would be seriously injured during the first phase of an American attack, while 1 million would flee the country and 2 million more would be internally displaced -- all compounded by an "outbreak of diseases in epidemic if not pandemic proportions." The Organization of the Islamic Conference foresaw the "displacement of hundreds of thousands of refugees," plus "total destruction and a humanitarian tragedy whose scale cannot be predicted."

Wrong, every one of them, along with all the other doomsayers, Bush-haters, "Not In Our Name" fanatics, and sundry "peace" activists who flooded the streets and the airwaves to warn of onrushing disaster. How many have had the integrity to admit that their visions of catastrophe were wildly off the mark? Or that if they had gotten their way, the foremost killer of Muslims alive today -- Saddam -- would still be torturing children before their parents' eyes? Instead they chant, "Bush lied, people died," and seize on every setback in Iraq as proof that they were right all along.

But they were wrong all along. Operation Iraqi Freedom stands as one of the great humanitarian achievements of modern times. For all the Bush administration's mistakes and miscalculations, for all the monumental challenges that remain, Iraq is vastly better off today than it was before the war.

And the Iraqi people know it.

In a nationwide survey conducted for ABC and the BBC by Britain's Oxford Research International, 56 percent of Iraqis say their lives are better now than before the war; only 19 percent say things are worse. Asked how things are going for them personally, seven out of 10 Iraqis say that life is good. Because of "Bush's war," Iraqis today brim with optimism. Fully 71 percent expect their lives to be even better a year from now; less than 7 percent say they'll be worse. Iraq today may just be the most upbeat, forward-looking country in the Arab world.

With hard work and a little luck, it may soon be the best governed as well. The interim constitution approved by the Iraqi Governing Council last month protects freedom of speech and assembly, guarantees the right to privacy, ensures equality for women, and subordinates the military to civilian control. It is, hands down, the most progressive constitution in the Arab Middle East.

Nearly a year after the fall of Baghdad, Iraq is hugely improved. Unemployment has been cut in half. Wages are climbing. The devastated southern marshlands are being restored. More Iraqis own cars and telephones than before Saddam was ousted. Some 2,500 schools have been rehabbed by the US-headed coalition. Spending on health care has soared thirtyfold, and millions of Iraqi children have been vaccinated. Iraqi athletes, no longer terrorized by Saddam's sadistic son Uday, are training for the summer Olympics in Greece.

Above all, Iraq's people are free. The horror and cruelty of the Saddam era are gone forever. In the 12 months since the American and British troops arrived, not one body has been added to a secret mass grave. Not one woman has been raped on government orders. Not one dissident has been mauled to death by trained killer dogs. Not one Kurdish village has been gassed.

Is everything rosy? Of course not. Could the transition to constitutional democracy still fail? Yes. Do innocent victims continue to die in horrific terror attacks, or at the hands of lynch mobs like the one that dragged the corpses of four Americans through the streets of Falluja this week? They do.

But none of that changes the bottom line: In the ancient land that America liberated, life is more beautiful and hopeful than it has been in many decades. Bush's foes may loudly deny it, but the refugees streaming homeward know better.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/j...20040402.shtml
blownragtop is offline  
post #32 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 09:32 AM
American Badass
 
SMOKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Grayson County
Posts: 4,474
Quote:
Originally posted by fastfordfan1
And what 9-11 cover ups would you be referring to???
The fact that members of the 911 commision worked with Bin Laden's bother, or the fact that the president knew about the attacks and continued to stay at a elementery school reading to the children?

PS.....I am a firm supporter of Bush, so don't try and bash me for being a non Bush supporter.

'90 LX fastback 5.0 White with porno red interior. (SLOW PONY)
Classic Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
"Still angry? A post like that makes me think you tasted someones dick at some point in your life."
SMOKEY is offline  
post #33 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 09:44 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally posted by reef93gt
Is it our responsibility to rebuild their country?
The U.S. and Iraq weren't exactly on great terms BEFORE we attacked their country. Do you think we'd be on better terms if we just let them rebuild it themselves?

That would be asking for more terrorist strikes, IMO.
sonic03gt is offline  
post #34 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 09:52 AM
American Badass
 
SMOKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Grayson County
Posts: 4,474
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 90 Notch
[B]Shouldn't the real question be "Does anyone except for the most liberal of Democrats NOT understand why we are in Iraq?"


I can answer that. Seeing that I am a conservative Republican, I can understand why people don't feel that we should be in Iraq. I support Bush and don't question why we are there, but why doesn't he seem to be conserned about countries like Korea. This is a country that has confirmed Nuclear plants, Nuclear weapons testing, and possible Nuclear missle's that could reach the western United States. To me this seems like a much greater threat the the US than Iraq. However, Bush doesn't want to place as much empasis on this country for a few reasons. First, the US already been there done that in the 50's, scondly, Korea doesn't have the Oil, and Finally Bush Sr. didn't fuck up a war there that Bush Jr. needs to finish. Yes I did just say that, but I feel that back in the early 90's that Bush Sr. should have marched all the way to Bahdad and finsihed what Bush Jr had to do 10 years later. The WMD were more prevelent then, and Hussein was a much greater threat to the world in the early 90's.

You can also beleive that the US Special Forces are still in Afganistan looking for Bin Laden. The problem in this country is that Bin Laden isn't the head of the country, so the US can't declare war on the country. The US has to sneek around and try and find these people (like a bounty hunter does) instead of declaring woar and commiting a large amount of troops to search for Bin Laden. Think of all the people searching for Hussein and how long it took to find him. We have a very limited force in Afganistan compared to the troops in Iraq. Plus Bin Laden has the freedom to move all over the world with a lot of cash and supporters to hide him, were Hussein began losing all of his supported and didn't want to leave the country.

Sorry again for the long post.

'90 LX fastback 5.0 White with porno red interior. (SLOW PONY)
Classic Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
"Still angry? A post like that makes me think you tasted someones dick at some point in your life."
SMOKEY is offline  
post #35 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 09:55 AM
American Badass
 
SMOKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Grayson County
Posts: 4,474
Quote:
Originally posted by stung
What's the title of this forum?

Some of you forget there are more terrorists other than AlQuida. This war is against terrorism not just AlQuida. Iraq was supporting terrorists not only financially but by giving them safe-haven, logistical support and technology. The latter of those mentioned is where the urgancy comes into play.
Good point.

'90 LX fastback 5.0 White with porno red interior. (SLOW PONY)
Classic Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
"Still angry? A post like that makes me think you tasted someones dick at some point in your life."
SMOKEY is offline  
post #36 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 09:56 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ft. Riley, KS
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally posted by SMOKEY
I by no means am an expert, but do have a opinion. I feel that we are still there for four major reasons. First, to help the nation of Iraq establish a new democratic government, second to stop Hussien (sp) followers from stirring up shit in the new nation, to HOPEFULLY find Weapons of Mass Destruction, and finally for the Oil. My reasons for this is one, it helps democratic nations like the US to settle issues in the United Nations (think of it like a Republican trying to get more people to become Republicans to back his ideas and president in this nation), secondly the Hussein followers are going around killing innocent people and this needs to stop, thirdly Bush really needs for the troops to find weapons of mass destruction so he doesn't look so bad, and finally even though the oil hasn't really been mentioned everyone knows that the world is running out of oil and so the US is trying to become really friendly with all the nations that have the oil.

Sorry about the long post, but it does make sense.

I have to disagree on you about the oil. If that is a reason that we are over there, then why the hell the gas prices haven't gone down?
Also you say the world is running out of oil. Can you search anything saying that the world is running out of oil?
Plus look up how much oil the us actually has. Don't forget Alaska.

Change takes time and everyone thinks it's an overnight thing. People have to evolve and change with the times and new way of thinking.

I support what is going on over there, and within a year more than likely I will be over there, protecting our freedom and helping them to sustain there's.

Chad
NTOSVO is offline  
post #37 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 10:08 AM
OC
Lifer
 
OC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,099
Quote:
Originally posted by sonic03gt
The U.S. and Iraq weren't exactly on great terms BEFORE we attacked their country. Do you think we'd be on better terms if we just let them rebuild it themselves?

That would be asking for more terrorist strikes, IMO.
I see that point, however I just don't see any Govt. we put in place being accepted or surviving. I also have a problem increasing the National Debt for another country. They should have killed Saddam themselves, just because they didn't doesn't mean we should have to go in and rebuild there country since we went in and got him.

Terrorist will be out there regardless if we rebuild Iraq or not.
OC is offline  
post #38 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Beer Swillin' Redneck
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Your Mom's House
Posts: 1,371
Quote:
Originally posted by SMOKEY
The fact that members of the 911 commision worked with Bin Laden's bother, or the fact that the president knew about the attacks and continued to stay at a elementery school reading to the children?

PS.....I am a firm supporter of Bush, so don't try and bash me for being a non Bush supporter.
Hey, you forgot to add JFK to the plot....

"I have taken more out of alcohol than it has taken out of me."

"If not, by age 20, you are a liberal, then you have no heart. If not, by age 30, you are a conservative, then you have no brain.
MouseKiller is offline  
post #39 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 10:21 AM
American Badass
 
SMOKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Grayson County
Posts: 4,474
http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

Here is on place to read about the oil shortage. Think about it though, how is oil produced. With the decomposing animals, plants, and other materials of the earth over millions of years. With the current population of the earthc consuming oil like it is, then we are using it faster that the earth can make more. We will still have synthetic oils though, it will just more expensive to run our beloved Mustangs in the future. Like 20 years down the road I feel.


JFK.....that is a easy one. There were three shooters Oswald, someone on the overpass, and someone standing behind the fence to the right of the school book depsitory. I guess you think Oswald acted as the Lone shooter too, huh.

'90 LX fastback 5.0 White with porno red interior. (SLOW PONY)
Classic Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
"Still angry? A post like that makes me think you tasted someones dick at some point in your life."
SMOKEY is offline  
post #40 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 10:24 AM
American Badass
 
SMOKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Grayson County
Posts: 4,474
Quote:
Originally posted by reef93gt
I see that point, however I just don't see any Govt. we put in place being accepted or surviving. I also have a problem increasing the National Debt for another country. They should have killed Saddam themselves, just because they didn't doesn't mean we should have to go in and rebuild there country since we went in and got him.

Terrorist will be out there regardless if we rebuild Iraq or not.
In a perfect world, the people of Iraq would have over thrown Hussien and possibly killed him. In the real world that I live in that doesn't happen. Think of Hitler, there are crazy people out there that rule with fear and torture. They cannot be over thrown by their own people, but instread by another country lacking that fear.

'90 LX fastback 5.0 White with porno red interior. (SLOW PONY)
Classic Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
"Still angry? A post like that makes me think you tasted someones dick at some point in your life."
SMOKEY is offline  
post #41 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally posted by reef93gt
Terrorist will be out there regardless if we rebuild Iraq or not.
True, but there wouldn't be as many. Plus the U.S. wouldn't look so good to the rest of the world including the U.N. if we blew shit up and then didn't fix it.

The goal was to get Saddam out, but if we don't help the Iraqis build a new better government, it will all go back to shit, which may still happen when we do finally leave.
sonic03gt is offline  
post #42 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally posted by SMOKEY
[url]There were three shooters Oswald, someone on the overpass, and someone standing behind the fence to the right of the school book depsitory. I guess you think Oswald acted as the Lone shooter too, huh.
I bet ya Jack Ruby knew who did it.
sonic03gt is offline  
post #43 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 11:28 AM
American Badass
 
SMOKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Grayson County
Posts: 4,474
Sure did.

'90 LX fastback 5.0 White with porno red interior. (SLOW PONY)
Classic Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
"Still angry? A post like that makes me think you tasted someones dick at some point in your life."
SMOKEY is offline  
post #44 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Lifer
 
line-em-up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Somewhere south of here.
Posts: 5,810
why is it that if you don' believe we should be over in iraq, then you must be a liberal. you people sure love to jump to conclusions and label people.
line-em-up is offline  
post #45 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 12:29 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally posted by reef93gt
I understand why we went in there, and I actually believe that Clinton's passive stance caused 9/11. However my question is if we already went in there and got Saddam, and won the war, why are we still there. Is it our responsibility to rebuild their country?
We definitely agree about Clinton bearing alot of responsibility for Al Quaeda being so strong and successful on 9/11.

I do not believe we can go in, overthrow Saddam, and leave without giving them a chance to get their government in some semblance of organization. I like the June 30th deadline for them to take over control and hope we make a quick exit. I really believe we will take years to completely vacate troops in country, but every week, month and year should continue the decrease in numbers.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #46 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 12:42 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally posted by black01gt
I did answer your question, but lets try this:
1)I DO think there is going to be another attack on American soil, like there has already been recently on foriegn soil by Al Queda. NOT IRAQ; AL QUEDA, do you get it?!? I already, absolutely DO NOT think that Bush has done everything possible to protect Americans, and has in fact diverted an extremely focused, patriotic and united American society (remember all the Flags & emails with pics of Bin Laden with a missle up his ass) to chase his own agenda in Iraq. I don't need to wait for another attack, to ask for his resignation. I think he and Ken Lay should be cell mates now.
2) I don't get offended, but actually am amused by the lack of vocabulary used by "conservatives". I also don't consider my common sense views as liberal. Just because I don't think gov't spending LIBERALLY is a good idea, doesn't make me consider myself a "liberal". Just because I think we should CONSERVE the economy and security of this nation (for real, not with smoke and mirrors) doesn't make me consider myself a "conservative". But if you need to, call me what makes it simple for you.
You didn't answer the question directly, but your answer will do. I do get that Iraq is not necessarily Al Quaeda, although there are ties between them. Do you get it that the war on terror is not just Al Quaeda but all terrorism and the countries that support them? I know Libya and Khadaffi sure get it, do YOU! I also get it that the patriotism was at an all time high after 9/11 but the average persons attention span isn't more than a day or two. I know way too many ADD wishy-washy types who are used to a 30 minute TV show for a problem to be solved and for video games where the bad guy is killed in seconds, who have lost patience for the long term efforts that are required for this long term problem. Al Quaeda and those who wish us dead have planned for decades to kill us, it will not end in a few months as some like you may want. That is the basis of my frustration with those who speak the talk like you are speaking. See, the difference between conservatives and liberals is very simple. Conservatives respect your opinions, we just think you are wrong, but liberals don't respect conservative views, they attack them. How do I know this? Because I was a liberal democrat and even voted for Clinton. I have been on both sides and I can speak about those who view the world through both glasses. Can you say that?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #47 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 12:44 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally posted by BadLXHB302
I think he just wanted to call somebody a liberal.
Thats a pretty funny sig.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #48 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 12:49 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally posted by SMOKEY
The fact that members of the 911 commision worked with Bin Laden's bother, or the fact that the president knew about the attacks and continued to stay at a elementery school reading to the children?

PS.....I am a firm supporter of Bush, so don't try and bash me for being a non Bush supporter.
You support Bush yet think he was wrong for finishing his appearance at that school? What could he ahve done in the few minutes he would have had if he had left early? Man, even my very liberal brother doesn't have a problem with him staying at the school. LOL

Do you have any non-conspiracy theory links to the accusation about 9/11 members and Bin Ladens brother?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #49 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 12:56 AM
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally posted by line-em-up
why is it that if you don' believe we should be over in iraq, then you must be a liberal. you people sure love to jump to conclusions and label people.
Because you can't find a liberal who thinks we should be in Iraq. Pretty simple if you ask me. The label only applies if you act, speak, or confess to the actions of the label placed upon you. Label me if you want, if it applies, I won't disagree with it. If I don't care about your opinion I will politely ignore you since I doubt it would bother me anyway.

Anyone care to answer why so many get upset when called a liberal, but no one ever gets offended b being called a conservative? BTW, I never argued when someone labeled me a liberal when I was one.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #50 of 224 (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 10:08 AM
OC
Lifer
 
OC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,099
Quote:
Originally posted by 90 Notch
Anyone care to answer why so many get upset when called a liberal, but no one ever gets offended b being called a conservative? BTW, I never argued when someone labeled me a liberal when I was one.
Probably because we have so many people on the board who use that as a blanket answer, that way they do not have to defend/support their position.

I believe that we were correct for going into Afghanistan, as well as Iraq. However I do not believe we should still be over there. It is not our responsibility to rebuild Iraq.

I also thinks it's funny we have so many people on this board who think we should be over there, and it's ok to lose American's soldiers in Iraq, yet I don't see them running down to the Recruiter to join up....maybe they don't believe that heavily about it after all
OC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome