I guess Kerry put his foot in his mouth - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Talking I guess Kerry put his foot in his mouth

WASHINGTON - The White House, seeking to raise credibility questions about Democrat John Kerry, suggested Monday that the presumptive nominee had lied when he said some foreign leaders privately back his candidacy.

Kerry should identify the leaders who purportedly hope he beats President Bush in November, White House spokesman Scott McClellan said. "Either he is straightforward and states who they are, or the only conclusion one can draw is that he is making it up to attack the president," the spokesman said.

McClellan put a sharper point on a response offered a day earlier by Secretary of State Colin Powell, who also had called on Kerry to name his foreign supporters, but had stopped short of accusing Kerry of manufacturing the claim.

Questioned about the White House criticism, Kerry told reporters, "They're trying to change the subject from jobs, health care, the environment and social security. They don't have a campaign so they're trying to divert it."

Kerry said at a fund-raiser last week in Florida that he's heard from some world leaders who quietly back his candidacy and who hope he defeats Bush in November.

McClellan took issue with Kerry's suggestions that the Bush administration held up for political purposes announcement of an agreement with Libya to rid itself of weapons of mass destruction; and that the administration had rebuffed offers from Russia and France to avert the Iraq war.

"This is not the first time he has refused to back up his assertions," McClellan said.

"I think that if Senator Kerry is going to say he has support from foreign leaders then he needs to be straightforward with the American people and say who it is that he has spoken with and who it is that supports him," McClellan said.

But I guess what else is new
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 01:28 AM
Lifer

Kerry lied? Say it isn't so!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 01:31 AM
P.I.M.P.

Of course he has forien leaders backing him... Osama and the Taliban, Chu fin Woo or whoever is running N Korea, as well as the pussy ass leaders of France and Spain... but then again who gives two shits about those pansy ass mother fuckers

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 03:06 AM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally posted by MaddHatter
Of course he has forien leaders backing him... Osama and the Taliban, Chu fin Woo or whoever is running N Korea, as well as the pussy ass leaders of France and Spain... but then again who gives two shits about those pansy ass mother fuckers

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 09:30 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Kerry Campaign Manager: "John, we've received a satellite fax from Bin Laden. He is endorsing you."
Kerry: "GREAT!"
KCM: "No, John, that isn't great."
Kerry: "Oh yea."
KCM: "We'll just say, forgein leaders endorse you"
Kerry: "Ok. And I'll say they are *secretly* endorsing me"
KCM: "Good idea, I'll do the press release."
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 03:07 PM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
Kerry Campaign Manager: "John, we've received a satellite fax from Bin Laden. He is endorsing you."
Kerry: "GREAT!"
KCM: "No, John, that isn't great."
Kerry: "Oh yea."
KCM: "We'll just say, forgein leaders endorse you"
Kerry: "Ok. And I'll say they are *secretly* endorsing me"
KCM: "Good idea, I'll do the press release."
hmm, i wonder if there is some truth to that? lol

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MaddHatter
my thoughts exactly
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 11:51 PM
Never settle always excel

Re: I guess Kerry put his foot in his mouth

Quote:
Originally posted by 281R
WASHINGTON - The White House, seeking to raise credibility questions about Democrat John Kerry, suggested Monday that the presumptive nominee had lied when he said some foreign leaders privately back his candidacy.

Kerry should identify the leaders who purportedly hope he beats President Bush in November, White House spokesman Scott McClellan said. "Either he is straightforward and states who they are, or the only conclusion one can draw is that he is making it up to attack the president," the spokesman said.

McClellan put a sharper point on a response offered a day earlier by Secretary of State Colin Powell, who also had called on Kerry to name his foreign supporters, but had stopped short of accusing Kerry of manufacturing the claim.

Questioned about the White House criticism, Kerry told reporters, "They're trying to change the subject from jobs, health care, the environment and social security. They don't have a campaign so they're trying to divert it."

Kerry said at a fund-raiser last week in Florida that he's heard from some world leaders who quietly back his candidacy and who hope he defeats Bush in November.

McClellan took issue with Kerry's suggestions that the Bush administration held up for political purposes announcement of an agreement with Libya to rid itself of weapons of mass destruction; and that the administration had rebuffed offers from Russia and France to avert the Iraq war.

"This is not the first time he has refused to back up his assertions," McClellan said.

"I think that if Senator Kerry is going to say he has support from foreign leaders then he needs to be straightforward with the American people and say who it is that he has spoken with and who it is that supports him," McClellan said.

But I guess what else is new
Did you hear he attended a celebrity democratic fund raiser that was $1000 a head. His was so damn big they charged him $2000.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-01-2004, 07:29 PM

Bush owns Kerry

John Kerry is an idiot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement