Wonder if there is ice in H E L * - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Wonder if there is ice in H E L *

Bill O'Reilly, the Bush apologist...

March 18, 2003 -

"Here's the bottom line on this for every American and everybody in the world, nobody knows for sure, all right? We don't know what he has. We think he has 8,500 liters of anthrax. But let's see. But there's a doubt on both sides. And I said on my program, if, if the Americans go in and overthrow Saddam Hussein and it's clean, he has nothing, I will apologize to the nation, and I will not trust the Bush Administration again, all right? But I'm giving my government the benefit of the doubt..."

February 9, 2003 -

"I was wrong. I am not pleased about it at all and I think all Americans should be concerned about this... What do you want me to do, go over and kiss the camera?"

"much more skeptical about the Bush administration now"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 12:06 PM
Hero in a half shell

Bill's the man

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 11:24 AM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

Kerry, not

John Kerry, the leading Democratic presidential candidate, says the threat of terrorism is an exaggeration."
No comment yet from the 3,000 people who died on September 11, but experts believe they would all disgree with Sen. Kerry.

98% of Kerrys total congressional votes were the same as Ted Kennady.

Kerry, in the Navy at the time, recieved 3 purple hearts, a bronze star and a silver star while fellow bonesman
Sen. John Chafee was the Navy Secretary. Kerry missed a total of 2 days service for his 3 purple hearts AND
he reported himself for all three purple hearts. The 3rd purple heart allow Kerry out of Vietnam after
only 4 months in country driving a boat on a river shooting everything in sight.
Of Kerry's two tours of duty, his first was spent almost entirely at sea, as a deck officer on the frigate
USS Gridley. He never saw battle. His second tour lasted four months.
Having been wounded three times, Kerry was entitled to ask for reassignment, and he did, angling for something out of the line of fire. He was sent home early, to Brooklyn, where he landed a comfortable assignment as a personal aide to an admiral, who after a few more months granted Kerry's request for early discharge from the Navy.

Kerry Discussion: Thoughts of a Vietnam POW
Letters to the editor of The Northwest Veterans Newsletter
by Joe Crecca
29 Jan 04

The rigors and hardships of being a POW aside, I remember the so-called, “Peace Movement,” and “Peace Marches and Rallies” that were taking place back home in the U.S.A. Our captors were more than willing, within their means, to provide us with any and all anti-U.S. and anti-Vietnam War propaganda. Without a choice in the matter, we listened to the “Voice of Vietnam” broadcasts by, “Hanoi Hannah” and were shown newspaper and magazine photos and articles about those opposing the war back in the States. One of the peace marchers’ standard slogans was to, “Bring our boys home now and, alive.” The warped thinking of such people was that by demonstrating against U.S. involvement in Vietnam, they’d be shortening the war and reducing the number of American casualties. These demonstrators would also try to make one believe that their efforts would bring POWs like me home sooner. They were utterly wrong on both counts not to mention the detrimental effect their actions had on the morale of our troops and our POWs.

John F. Kerry was not just one of these demonstrators. He was leading them.

Therefore, these so-called demonstrations for peace had the exact opposite effect of what they were purporting to accomplish. Instead of shortening the war the “So-Called Peace Movement” served only to protract the conflict resulting in a vastly greater number of Americans killed and wounded, greater economic burdens and longer periods of incarceration for Americans held captive in Vietnam. The war would have been over much sooner and with a much more favorable result if those in the “So-Called Peace Movement” would have instead rallied behind the Commander-in-Chief to accomplish our mission and then, withdraw.

It is inescapable to think of the so-called peace movement and the anti-war demonstrators without also thinking how many fewer names there would now be engraved into the black granite of the Vietnam Wall if these same people had supported our efforts instead of trying to derail them. After all, fighting against a political regime that up to that time had murdered over a hundred million people couldn't have been all bad. But, John F. Kerry thought and acted differently. How many more names on the wall can he take credit for?

After the war ended, some of the war protesters hung on to their anti-war postures for a while. Some of them realized the errors of their ways almost immediately while for others it took twenty to twenty-five years.

But some, like John F. Kerry have not realized there was anything wrong with what he did. Instead, he hopes we will see him as a courageous Vietnam veteran. I do not. He hopes we will admire his bravery. I do not. I remember him more for his misdeeds upon his return from Vietnam.

However, in the present political arena, he evidently has succeeded in gaining the support of some well-meaning but misled Americans. Given his past record, it is just astonishing that he has garnered any support from our nation's veterans.

I hope all will reconsider their support for Senator Kerry in light of his actions which were so detrimental to our Vietnam combat soldiers, sailors and airmen many of whom are not here today to tell you themselves.

Thank you for considering my views. Please share what I have written with your fellow vets....

Joe Crecca
Vietnam POW
22NOV66-18FEB73

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 11:41 AM
Lifer

What a great post, and letter. Hey Jyro, I'm in Midlothian also.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 12:04 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

cool

drop by anytime, you know where I live?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Great post, too bad it had nothing to do with the topic.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 02:56 PM
Lifer

I guess your topic got 'jacked?

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by Vertnut
I guess your topic got 'jacked?
Imagine that. But I have veto power in the form of the ability to delete the entire thread.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Lifer

Agreed.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 12:49 AM
Recovering Lush

KErry is as left wing as they come.
These stories that you hear, that claim "I WAS gonna vote Bush, but he's not as conservative as I like, so now I'm voting Kerry" are hogwash. It'd be like saying "I Was gonna vote Bush, but now NADER is running, so I'm REALLY torn......"
No Republican, other than a SERIOUS RINO (Republican In Name Only) would make the Bush-KErry flip flop.
KErry is a Ted KEnnedy starter kit, with the only difference being he didnt whack his gf like Tedddy did.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 08:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by HookEm
KErry is as left wing as they come.
These stories that you hear, that claim "I WAS gonna vote Bush, but he's not as conservative as I like, so now I'm voting Kerry" are hogwash. It'd be like saying "I Was gonna vote Bush, but now NADER is running, so I'm REALLY torn......"
No Republican, other than a SERIOUS RINO (Republican In Name Only) would make the Bush-KErry flip flop.
KErry is a Ted KEnnedy starter kit, with the only difference being he didnt whack his gf like Tedddy did.
Just a suggestion here...get out of the dorm, go drink a beer, get ya some nooky and act like you're in college!!! You've got the rest of your life to be some fatass right winger wringing your hands over what Ted Kennedy did 30 years ago. UT must have changed a bunch since I was there in early 70's.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by black01gt
Just a suggestion here...get out of the dorm, go drink a beer, get ya some nooky and act like you're in college!!! You've got the rest of your life to be some fatass right winger wringing your hands over what Ted Kennedy did 30 years ago. UT must have changed a bunch since I was there in early 70's.
He only attended UT for a year. It was just one stop on his "20 Universities in 20 years" tour of Texas. I think he has 5 down and 15 more to go.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 09:25 PM
Lifer

Re: Kerry, not

Quote:
Originally posted by jyro

However, in the present political arena, he evidently has succeeded in gaining the support of some well-meaning but misled Americans. Given his past record, it is just astonishing that he has garnered any support from our nation's veterans.

I hope all will reconsider their support for Senator Kerry in light of his actions which were so detrimental to our Vietnam combat soldiers, sailors and airmen many of whom are not here today to tell you themselves.

Thank you for considering my views. Please share what I have written with your fellow vets....

Joe Crecca
Vietnam POW
22NOV66-18FEB73
Given your situation during the Viet Nam "conflict" I surely do not intend to minimize your situation. I greatly applaud your contribution! The fact that Kerry was there with you (only shot 3 times) makes him as much of a Hero as you sir. I had 5 very good friends that did not return at all, and other friends that are vets and are still sickened by the whole ordeal. So, in my eyes that makes you (POW) and Kerry (shot 3 times) fortunate in a twisted sort of way. My one question is this. Other than some well connected Corporations (deja vu), who did the Viet Nam "conflict" benefit?

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 09:18 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

Kerry (shot 3 times

Kerry got 2 scratches and a schrapnel wound, 2 required no treatment, the schrapnel required 2 stiches, he missed 2 days service for all 3 purple hearts. he turned himself in for all 3 knowing he would be allowed out of Vietnam after only 4 months of service there.
In December 1992 ,as chairman of the Select Senate Committee on POW/MIA Affairs, created in 1991 to investigate reports that U.S. prisoners of war and soldiers designated missing in action were still alive in Vietnam, Kerry badgered the panel into voting that no American servicemen remained in Vietnam.
Kerrys family recieved a real estate contract worth billions when relations with Viet Nam were normalized. Hanoi announced that it had awarded Colliers International, a Boston-based real estate company, an exclusive deal to develop its commercial real estate potentially worth billions. Stuart Forbes, the CEO of Colliers, is Kerry's cousin.”
Kerry continues his apologia for Vietnam's never-ending atrocities. "Far from taking the lead on the Vietnam Human Rights Bill, he has prevented it from coming to a vote. He claims that making an issue of Hanoi's repression would be counterproductive
Only Sen. Teddy Kennedy and Barbara Boxer have more left-wing voting records than Kerry.
Kerry has taken credit for middle-class tax cuts, child tax credit and relief of the marriage penalty, he voted against them.
In August 1996 Kerry announced that he opposed the National Missile Defense because North Korea was simply not a threat. Two years later North Korea fired its Tae Po Dong missile over Japan, dropping a simulated nuclear warhead off the U.S. coast.
As president Kerry would end the U.S. National Missile Defense program and seek to re-establish the useless paper treaties with the former Soviet Union and North Korea.

Last edited by jyro; 03-04-2004 at 10:15 PM.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2004, 10:50 PM
Hero in a half shell

Re: Kerry (shot 3 times

Quote:
Originally posted by jyro
Kerry got 2 scratches and a schrapnel wound, 2 required no treatment, the schrapnel required 2 stiches, he missed 2 days service for all 3 purple hearts. he turned himself in for all 3 knowing he would be allowed out of Vietnam after only 4 months of service there.
In December 1992 ,as chairman of the Select Senate Committee on POW/MIA Affairs, created in 1991 to investigate reports that U.S. prisoners of war and soldiers designated missing in action were still alive in Vietnam, Kerry badgered the panel into voting that no American servicemen remained in Vietnam.
Kerrys family recieved a real estate contract worth billions when relations with Viet Nam were normalized. Hanoi announced that it had awarded Colliers International, a Boston-based real estate company, an exclusive deal to develop its commercial real estate potentially worth billions. Stuart Forbes, the CEO of Colliers, is Kerry's cousin.”
Kerry continues his apologia for Vietnam's never-ending atrocities. "Far from taking the lead on the Vietnam Human Rights Bill, he has prevented it from coming to a vote. He claims that making an issue of Hanoi's repression would be counterproductive
Only Sen. Teddy Kennedy and Barbara Boxer have more left-wing voting records than Kerry.
Kerry has taken credit for middle-class tax cuts, child tax credit and relief of the marriage penalty, he voted against them.
In August 1996 Kerry announced that he opposed the National Missile Defense because North Korea was simply not a threat. Two years later North Korea fired its Tae Po Dong missile over Japan, dropping a simulated nuclear warhead off the U.S. coast.
As president Kerry would end the U.S. National Missile Defense program and seek to re-establish the useless paper treaties with the former Soviet Union and North Korea.
Experienced, Educated, and Enlightened!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement