Something I thought about after 9/11... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Something I thought about after 9/11...

and have discussed with people off the board before. What if 9/11 was a test run. They hijacked the planes and flew them into buildings to see if it could be done and to gather intelligence about what worked and what didn't.

But... what if there were legit pilots, how have been flying all this time, waiting for the *real* day to use planes as missiles? We have now enclosed these pilots into their cabins. Even if the passengers wanted to revolt, they aren't getting into the cabins.

Even if they do scramble F16s to intercept, and intercept successfully, if there are 10-15 planes doing this carrying 200-300 passengers at a pop we are talking about the deaths of as many people (or close) as died on 9/11.

It's one thing to think the passenger you are sitting next to is a terrorist, its a whole 'nother thing to start thinking your pilot is a terrorist. The airline industry would surely die off, or come very close (much worse than 9/11 I would think).

I thought maybe I was just being a little paranoid and being a conspiracist (don't know if that is a word).

Seems maybe others think so as well.

Officials say al-Qaida operatives may be fully trained airline pilots
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 10:48 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

I wouldn't put something like that past them. Although alot of people just view terrorists as maniacal, suicidal idiots (and sure there's a good number of those people too), the "high-end" terrorists IMO rival just about anybody in ingenuity. The intelligence, planning, and financial backing that is put together to execute something big is just staggering. The idea that they are assimilated right now as "normal" citizens seems pretty realistic.

But then, who knows what the government might know about such a plot, and if they have any counter measures against it.

I'm too busy living to worry about dying, there's not a whole lot I can do about it anyways.

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by Shorty
I'm too busy living to worry about dying, there's not a whole lot I can do about it anyways.
Exactly.

I've flown maybe 30 or 40 times since 9/11. There was only one time I actual was concerned about doing it, for whatever reason.

While I was driving to the airport, I just had an uneasy feeling. When I got to the airport (it was a Sunday night), everyone seemed tired and not part of the situation.

I got some reading material for the plane and the total was $9.11.

The plane pulls into my gate and it is being followed by a hazmat team, hydraulic system failure. They give us $8 each to grab a meal at TGIF in the airport and say they are going to pull another plane in because the plane is not repairable at the gate.

30 minutes later, they tell us, no problem, they could repair it at the gate.

Made for the first uneasy flight since I flew to England over Christmas/New Years of 2001/2002.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 02:08 PM
Worship me

I don't think this is possible. In order to fly the big boy jets you need many many many years of experience. This idea would have had to have been concieved in the early 90s for the pilots to be flying today. I have a friend who has been in the hunt for over 6 years and he just now flies a little 80 passenger prop plane for SAS.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by AL P
I don't think this is possible. In order to fly the big boy jets you need many many many years of experience. This idea would have had to have been concieved in the early 90s for the pilots to be flying today. I have a friend who has been in the hunt for over 6 years and he just now flies a little 80 passenger prop plane for SAS.
You are probably right. I watch too many of those conspiracy shows.

With all those uniforms and shit being stolen you hear about from time to time.

Just seemed like the ultimate in hijacking. You now have reinforced doors on the cockpits, you insert a couple of terrorists into said cockpit and they bolt themselves in.

Your protection against terrorism has now become it's protection.

Would make a wonderful twist in a movie. I wonder if the air marshals have anyway of getting in there.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 04:45 PM
Worship me

Even stealing a uniform may not work because long before the flight leaves the gate, the pilots are on the plane running all these ridiculous checklists of safety checks that they have to know by heart and are specific to each type of plane.

It makes for a good conspiracy story but I think in the end it would be pretty hard to pull off.

BTW, if you want good conspiracy shit from people that are just wacked out of their fucking minds, go over to www.rense.com
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by AL P
BTW, if you want good conspiracy shit from people that are just wacked out of their fucking minds, go over to www.rense.com
Shit, I could spend a couple of years on that site!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 09:48 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
Shit, I could spend a couple of years on that site!
Fucking crazy ain't it?? My favorite is the one that claims that the con trails behind jet planes are actually them spraying chemical on the general population as a huge experiment!!!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 10:46 PM

Not a crackpot site. You should all take the time to read the facts.
Did you know Bush Sr. was meeting with bin Ladins' brother the morning of 9/11? Read on.
Sept. 11/2001
"The attack occurs. The morning of the attack George Bush Sr. is meets with members of the Carlyle Group in Washington. Bin Laden's own brother is at the meeting. Members of the Bin Laden family are allowed to leave the U.S. without questioning two days later."

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/conspiracyth...eculation.html

Last edited by Tank; 12-24-2003 at 10:51 PM.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-27-2003, 11:53 PM

And the night after the attack,who's George talking to in the White House?Prince Bandar of Saudi Arabia.The place where most of the bad guys came from.Strange how the bin ladens and the entire saudi royal family (all 1100 of them) have very close ties with Carlyle,and the Bush's.Both of them.Going back a long time too.

And I still think these were not just run-of the mill terrorist flying the planes.These were pilots that trained in an air force.Possibly a Saudi air force.Any professional pilots on here can tell you that this would NOT have been easy job,using a plane as a missile like that.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-28-2003, 12:07 AM
Lifer

Re: Something I thought about after 9/11...

Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
[B] I thought maybe I was just being a little paranoid and being a conspiracist (don't know if that is a word).
Puff, puff, pass man! Just kidding
-Y
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 12:49 AM
Banned

I hope that all current airline pilots have gone under extensive questioning in case one of them IS a terrorist or possible threat.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
Even stealing a uniform may not work because long before the flight leaves the gate, the pilots are on the plane running all these ridiculous checklists of safety checks that they have to know by heart and are specific to each type of plane.

It makes for a good conspiracy story but I think in the end it would be pretty hard to pull off.

some of the articles are actually very interesting, but a lot are over the top.

they seem to have a hard on for ufo sightings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Lifer

Thread gravedigging 101 by Mustangman_2000
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Should have started a website way back then with my theory and made millions off of google ads.

Another wasted opportunity.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Secular Dogooderist

fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadLXHB302
fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fearfear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear
Don't spam the board cocksucker or you'll be banned.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
Don't spam the board cocksucker or you'll be banned.
That's not spam, friend, consider it more a work of art.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Worship me

Quote:
That's not spam, friend, consider it more a work of art.
I'm not your friend, dipshit.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Secular Dogooderist

Quote:
I'm not your friend, dipshit.
Too bad, you were almost cool.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
-Sam Harris
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Too bad, you were almost cool.
Don't make mullah Al P issue a fatwah on your sorry ass. I will.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
=money=money=money=money=money=money=money=money=m oney=money=

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 06:46 AM
Lifer

The only way it would work is if the planted pilots all fly on the same day at the same time. Do pilots get to pick their schedule that easily?

I could see buying tickets for planes that are in the air at the same time like the 9/11 terroroists did, but getting 15-20 pilot crews all to be in the air at the same time, it doesn't seem like it could happen to me. Even if you have 2 of the 3 crew in on the plot, where they kill the 3rd, it still seems like a long shot to me. I bet the conspiracy nuts are nutting off of this kind of stuff.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 09:32 AM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
BadLXHB302 doesn't like people that have been successful. I found that out in another thread.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Lifer

Aren't at least the majority of commercial pilots ex military pilots?

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement