This really pisses me off - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
F=W x A / g

Thumbs down This really pisses me off

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

After the attack, Fallujah residents flocked to the site and chanted anti-U.S. slogans. Fallujah has been a hotbed of resistance to U.S. troops.

http://news.myway.com/top/article/id/256517|top|11-02-2003:09|reuters.html

Some Iraqis were jubilant. "The Americans are pigs. We will hold a celebration because this helicopter went down -- a big celebration," said wheat farmer Saadoun Jaralla near the crash site. "The Americans are enemies of mankind."

Did anyone see these people on the news? I say we mow them all down as soon as they start cheering.....I mean, they had to have something to do with it or will have something to do with future attacks.

Last edited by GTek; 11-03-2003 at 01:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
F=W x A / g

Angry Falluja should be carpet bombed night and day.

'It's a pay scale for the Iraqis: $700 for an attack on a tank; $1,000 for a helicopter'

Yesterday's attack created jubilation in Falluja, the pro-Saddam city where attacks on US forces are increasingly frequent and deadly

Michael Howard in Falluja
Monday November 3, 2003
The Guardian

The successful attack on a US helicopter six miles to the south, was a cause for celebration for the neighbourhood graffiti artists. Youths with spray cans competed with each other to be the first to celebrate the "successful operation" against American soldiers.
On a shop wall in the Al Rissalah district, Mohammed al-Zhorbai marked up the number of dead Americans from yesterday's attack as 60, and entreated the "noble heroes of the resistance," to keep harassing and killing "occupation force until the foes leave our land".

That morning he had danced in the street while a jeep carrying four US soldiers burned near the bridge spanning the Euphrates river, the victims of a roadside bomb in an area known to locals as "the American cemetery."

Welcome to Falluja, the Sunni triangle's point of most resistance, 40 miles west of Baghdad, where hit-and-run guerrilla attacks, roadside bombs, rocket-propelled grenades, car bombs and civil unrest have bloodied American forces and Iraqi civilians repeatedly in the seven months since the fall of Saddam Hussein.

The sentiments expressed by Mohammed and other Falluja residents who were willing to speak to the Guardian yesterday may not reflect the population as a whole, but they underline just how dangerous and hostile this town remains for coalition forces and those Iraqis who are perceived as collaborators with the US-led administration.

In the face of relentless attacks from an elusive array of domestic and foreign foes - variously described by a senior coalition official yesterday as "bitter-ender" Ba'athist loyalists, or "Wahhabists driven by Islamic fanaticism", or just "plain old criminals" - one thing is clear. There is no simple solution to the increasingly organised and lethal resistance in this arc north and west of Baghdad. Because there is no single enemy.

"Solve the security riddle of Falluja and you'll solve the country," the coalition official said.

In the wake of the regime change, US forces viewed the areas in and around Falluja, with a majority population of Sunni Arabs, as a testbed for their much vaunted bid to win the hearts and minds of those Iraqis who had been favoured under the previous regime, and who were most anxious about their status in the new Iraq.

But Falluja residents quickly complained of heavy-handed tactics by US soldiers searching homes, "and stealing our belongings".

Increased US military operations in the area appeared to be drawing more attacks. "That's our purpose out there", to "engage," Lieutenant General Ricardo Sanchez, the commander of ground forces in Iraq, said. But the perceived failure of the US forces controlling the town to provide basic services and jobs appears to have hardened hearts, and turned at least some minds to violent resistance.

Falluja is not particularly poor, its plusher neighbourhoods are said to host several multi-millionaires. Neither is it particularly ideological, said a sergeant with the 82nd Airborne Division which is active in the area. And locals say the number of foreign fighters is limited, "and they are not very bright".

"What holds sway here is the tribe," the sergeant said, admitting: "We have failed to bridge that gap."

Last week, a roadside bomb exploded outside the mayor's office. A neighbour emerged to see what the noise was and was shot dead by nervous Iraqi police. The resulting riot and attack on the mayor's office "was tribal revenge", not pro-Saddam or Islamic, the sergeant said.

But other attacks are conducted in return for money, added the sergeant, who asked not to be identified. "It's a pay scale: $700 for an attack on a tank, $200-$300 for a Humvee, but $1,000 for a helicopter. That's a lot of money here."

Abdul Hamid al-Jumailly was at his tyre workshop when he witnessed yesterday's attack on a US convoy in Falluja.

"It was a roadside bomb. I think all who were inside must have been killed, but I and my friends ran away, because when these things happen the US always start shooting at random."

Celebrate

He said: "After that all the dead bodies were taken away and the people came out to dance and celebrate because they were happy. This was the 8th operation here. And we were already happy at the helicopter strike."

His face half-scabbed by a recent burn - the result of a mishap with some TNT - Adnan al-Doleme suggested: "Stay with us, and we'll show you another attack. Ramadan has been Allah's gift to us. The streets are empty then, so we can attack the Americans without the possibility of killing our people."

He added: "The reason for the resistance is that people don't agree with the occupation. If Allah wills it, Bush and Bremer will not last until the Eid [the holy holiday at the end of Ramadan.]"

As he left, a companion whispered that Doleme had been a senior officer in the Fedayeen, but was now "fighting for Allah."

Sheikh Farhan Jumeilly, a local tribal leader, said the people of Falluja could see through the Americans and the "traitors who came in their tanks" - a reference to the exiles on the Iraqi governing council and who fill posts in the coalition provisional authority.

"After each attack they come to my house to question me or to ask for my help with the tribe. But I'll never let them in or grant them our hospitality. Because they are occupiers. They want to rob us of our dignity and our wealth. Resistance will not stop in this town until the last one of us is dead," he said.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 01:48 AM
Hero in a half shell

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 12:28 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

i say set up shop and everytime some one dances, they get picked off like a fuckin deer. then it would make em feel like Saddam was back in power when they all got fucked for celebrating the first Gulf War when they thought he had lost his power. fuckers
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 03:03 AM
Lifer

Re: This really pisses me off

Quote:
Originally posted by GTek
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

After the attack, Fallujah residents flocked to the site and chanted anti-U.S. slogans. Fallujah has been a hotbed of resistance to U.S. troops.

http://news.myway.com/top/article/id/256517|top|11-02-2003:09|reuters.html

Some Iraqis were jubilant. "The Americans are pigs. We will hold a celebration because this helicopter went down -- a big celebration," said wheat farmer Saadoun Jaralla near the crash site. "The Americans are enemies of mankind."

Did anyone see these people on the news? I say we mow them all down as soon as they start cheering.....I mean, they had to have something to do with it or will have something to do with future attacks.
GTec-These are the most stupid irrational ppl on the face of the planet! Did you really expect their loyalty? Do you really expect it to get any better? Cut our losses, take what troops sre still alive, move em over to the border between Pakistan & Afganistan where Al Queda and their leader are "holed up", THEN DO YOUR CARPET BOMBING!!! (or we could fuck around in Iraq until they take out Los Angeles,Chicago, maybe Houston, who knows?)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 03:14 PM

That whole area just pisses me off

Last edited by MY1Fast99C5; 11-09-2003 at 07:04 PM.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 06:53 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by MY1Fast99C5
That whole are just pisses me off

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by black01gt

sorry it should have read area.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 07:35 PM
Lifer

Quote:
sorry it should have read area.

Ah...now it makes sense.
I'm really indifferent to that area, except when they come to American soil with harm on their mind. My point is this..Hussein is a turd, but he has NEVER been a threat to the USA. Our focus at this point should not be on "liberating" the ppl of Iraq, it needs to be on protecting the ppl of the USA, as far as the economy and security. Iraq is not a threat to either, but our "almost" elected leaders are very much a threat to both. Think about how many excuses Bush has used from WMD to freeing the ppl of Iraq. If nothing else, we've de-stabalized Husseins regime now to the point to where if Iraq "wants" freedom, they are able to get it themselves. My 2 cents.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 07:53 PM

Quote:

Ah...now it makes sense.
I'm really indifferent to that area, except when they come to American soil with harm on their mind. My point is this..Hussein is a turd, but he has NEVER been a threat to the USA. Our focus at this point should not be on "liberating" the ppl of Iraq, it needs to be on protecting the ppl of the USA, as far as the economy and security. Iraq is not a threat to either, but our "almost" elected leaders are very much a threat to both. Think about how many excuses Bush has used from WMD to freeing the ppl of Iraq. If nothing else, we've de-stabalized Husseins regime now to the point to where if Iraq "wants" freedom, they are able to get it themselves. My 2 cents.

Now thats a valid point as well.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 10:06 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Now thats a valid point as well.
But not a popular one. Since 9/11, corporate scandle, stocks crash, ppl losing retirement, jobs, healthcare, ect. the moral is the worst I have ever seen. It is very important that we have leaders that can put away their agendas for power and greed and take care of our country. Or they run the risk of doing more damage than the terrorist.

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 10:08 PM

Quote:
But not a popular one. Since 9/11, corporate scandle, stocks crash, ppl losing retirement, jobs, healthcare, ect. the moral is the worst I have ever seen. It is very important that we have leaders that can put away their agendas for power and greed and take care of our country. Or they run the risk of doing more damage than the terrorist.

Um I thought thats what he said? Trying to help our economy.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 10:18 PM
Still Serving Time

too bad carpet bombing is frowned upon now adays

celebrate the b-52's flying over you... grrr
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 10:21 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Um I thought thats what he said? Trying to help our economy.
It doesn't seem to be working for the less fortunate 95%. And when you take out ANOTHER $87 billion (whew-that's alot of cash),I just can't see it helping my neighborhood.

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 10:21 PM
Time Served

Nuke-em. They don't want us there anyway. IMO

R, just R
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 10:26 PM

Quote:
It doesn't seem to be working for the less fortunate 95%. And when you take out ANOTHER $87 billion (whew-that's alot of cash),I just can't see it helping my neighborhood.

Oh yes I understand that. But he is saying the money needs to be put back into our economy. He is agreeing with you. And you are on the same page as both of us. Or atleast with me.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 07:57 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Oh yes I understand that. But he is saying the money needs to be put back into our economy. He is agreeing with you. And you are on the same page as both of us. Or atleast with me.
I just can't see where taking $87 billion (or twice that amount if we want to be honest here) out of an already wounded economy and paying it to a "few" contractors such as Halliburton and Bechtel to rebuild Iraq is going to benefit you, me, or my kids in any way. I can see how it will be even more devastating tho. Since 9/11 and other events, we as a nation, CAN'T AFFORD to make mistakes as far as security or economy. Do you want your children to have to sacrifice and live in hardship in order to get the country back on track. There is alot of "shooting in the dark" going on, and if "we the people" miss the mark that is exactly what will happen. Bush rushed into war before popular oppinion could make him slow down and answer questions. The CIA consistantly reported no WMD's. His motives change from month to month! Why?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement