People really need to understand this. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-10-2003, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
F=W x A / g

People really need to understand this.

"Some claim we should not have acted because the threat from [deposed Iraqi President] Saddam Hussein was not imminent," Cheney said. "Terrorist enemies of our country hope to strike us with the most lethal weapons known to man, and it would be reckless in the extreme to rule out action and save our worries until the day they strike."

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/...ror/index.html

I believe what we are doing in the middle east with the military is the right thing. So many people complain about the war lingering on but if we don't keep after them.........

It will soon happen here in the states again just like 9-11 unless we prevent that from happening. I am very greatfull for the people of the military and what they are doing for us right now. I just wish the people of the US would realize that and back them.

God bless America!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 10:22 AM
you wanna run?

I'm with you all the way Bro!! People need to stop complaining about the war, and be glad we are over there. There are casualties of war, but the soldiers over there know the price, and are willing to give there life to ensure the safety of mine. For that we should all be eternally greatful.

former submariner USS Maryland SSBN 738
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
I'm with you all the way Bro!! People need to stop complaining about the war, and be glad we are over there. There are casualties of war, but the soldiers over there know the price, and are willing to give there life to ensure the safety of mine. For that we should all be eternally greatful.

former submariner USS Maryland SSBN 738

Well said!!

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 10:25 AM
Playa from tha Himalayas

I support our troops! What we've lost in Iraq in nothing compared to 9/11.

post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 02:21 AM
Lifer

Exclamation Re: People really need to understand this.

Cheney said. "Terrorist enemies have allowed me and "W" to pick all your pockets, but we ain't thru yet, so tell your grandkids that when they grow up, we want all their damn money too. How lucky we are to have "almost" been elected in a country of blind followers. This is great!!!"

God bless America! [/B][/QUOTE]

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 02:37 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by Thomas99GT
I support our troops! What we've lost in Iraq in nothing compared to 9/11.
I support our troops too. But what does 9/11 have to do with Iraq? Shouldn't we be spending troops and 87 billion finding and disposing of Bin Laden and friends (they're not in Iraq), before the next 9/11?!?! I think "W" needs to worry about the ppl of the USA.

post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 09:34 AM
you wanna run?

money for 9/11 didn't come from thin air, or the hard work of terrorists under bin laden. It came from the murderous regime ruled by Saddam. Saddam ruled Iraq. So we must ensure he can never regain power.
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 08:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:
money for 9/11 didn't come from thin air, or the hard work of terrorists under bin laden. It came from the murderous regime ruled by Saddam.
No it didn't!!! You can believe in "the magic bullet theory" if you like, but in the long run, it's just not safe!

post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 08:58 PM
Lifer

Great logic Blk01GT, that the president needs to worry about the people of the USA. The implication being that by fighting global terrorism in Iraq and Afghanistan that that is somehow not worrying about the people of the USA. I say that not only is he worried about the people of the USA, but in fact the whole world. I would find him derelict if he wasn't doing what he is doing across the globe. Please explain how going after the regimes that supported terrorists that attacked and killed our fellow citizens is not supporting the people of the USA.

Very easy to see through political spin.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 10:46 PM
Lifer

Very easy to see through political spin. [/B][/QUOTE]

If it's so easy then why can't you?
Iraq is a side show. Are you really trying to tell me that with our military in Afganistan they couldn't stop a bunch of goofballs on camels? I believe that as much as I believed the ole "magic bullet theory". Are you old enough to remember that? No-our gov't and leaders wouldn't shit us for their own agendas would they?!
Believe what you want, and I'll do the same. Truth is, this country is 50/50 over our beliefs anymore, and it's in the saddest shape I've ever seen it in.

post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 12:13 AM
you wanna run?

Alright then. I understand the stance of look to the inside for terrorism. There are terrorist here. But that is the smaller picture than what Bush is looking at. He wants to to away with as much terrorism as possible, by getting rid of Political leaders that support terrorizing our country.

Also Saddam is a big fat liar, and a stalls as long as he can by not cooperating with us fully in the beginning, Did he have illegal scud missles...yes did he acknowledge it... of course not. Do you know why? Because he is a lying murderous dictator that should have been killed way back in '91. If you don't believe that, then I would way you believe Saddam over our own president.
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
F=W x A / g

Let's just quit now and call the troops home.

Let's just say f*ck it and give up. We'll just concentrate on the economy here in the states and make everything allright. SUV's for everyone and a Harley too. Let's all go to Starbucks and check our fat stocks on our top dollar laptops........................................... .AS THE TERRORIST'S MOVE IN AND START KILLING THE INFADEL AMERICANS THAT WE ARE ONE BY ONE AS WE SIT FAT AND HAPPY.

Remember 9-11!

The truth is that the government knows more than we will ever know about the fight against terrorism. There are reasons for us being there that they may not be able to tell the public being that it might be too much for us to handle.

There are men and women risking thier lives right now so people can enjoy freedoms that we take for granted every day. Think about them...not yourselves.
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 10:51 AM
Lifer

Re: Let's just quit now and call the troops home.

Quote:
Originally posted by GTek
Let's just say f*ck it and give up. We'll just concentrate on the economy here in the states and make everything allright. SUV's for everyone and a Harley too. Let's all go to Starbucks and check our fat stocks on our top dollar laptops........................................... .AS THE TERRORIST'S MOVE IN AND START KILLING THE INFADEL AMERICANS THAT WE ARE ONE BY ONE AS WE SIT FAT AND HAPPY.

Remember 9-11!

The truth is that the government knows more than we will ever know about the fight against terrorism. There are reasons for us being there that they may not be able to tell the public being that it might be too much for us to handle.

There are men and women risking thier lives right now so people can enjoy freedoms that we take for granted every day. Think about them...not yourselves.
I agree with what you said. The problem is that political bias tends to blind those who dislike the sitting president. Very few will admit that their dislike for the person means they summarily dislike the policy with no regard for it's content or validiity.

Once again, if the president had not gone into Iraq and other countries that harbor terrorism, he would have been derelict.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 12:36 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Gee, I missed all that information. Can you point to me where Iraq sponsored any terrorism against Americans?

Or had any WMD for that matter.

Notch, hopefully you are preparing that post whereas you admit there are no WMD in Iraq (December is coming soon and that was your written promise on this board)
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 01:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
Gee, I missed all that information. Can you point to me where Iraq sponsored any terrorism against Americans?

Or had any WMD for that matter.

Notch, hopefully you are preparing that post whereas you admit there are no WMD in Iraq (December is coming soon and that was your written promise on this board)
I will give you that will probably never be any WMD found in Iraq since they have not been found yet. They may have been hidden good enough to never be found, or they were taken out of the country. I will always be convinced that there were WMD in Iraq. Hell, even leading democrats were on record saying they agreed that there were WMD's in Iraq during Clinton's term.

Do you believe that WMD have been in Iraq in the last 10 or so years?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 02:39 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by 90 Notch
I will give you that will probably never be any WMD found in Iraq since they have not been found yet. They may have been hidden good enough to never be found, or they were taken out of the country. I will always be convinced that there were WMD in Iraq. Hell, even leading democrats were on record saying they agreed that there were WMD's in Iraq during Clinton's term.

Do you believe that WMD have been in Iraq in the last 10 or so years?
Of course they did. And UNSCOM destroyed or dismantled as early as 1996. In UNSCOM's view, by 1998 they were in complete control of the ground situation in Iraq.

Of course they did, that was the politically correct statement at the time. I wonder if any of those that agreed also signed the resolution delivered to the Whitehouse recently calling for the firing of Rumsfeld the magnificent. I'm sure those that signed the resolution also signed the resolution giving the President war powers against Iraq. They are a political bunch.

And the truth, as of 11/11/03, is that Iraq posed no immediate threat to the US, which is the underlying basis for a preemptive strike against the country.
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 03:45 PM
you wanna run?

01 cobra if you believe that there are no WMD then you believe Saddam who says no over our own president who says that they are there. I don't think he would lie. So far it has not benefited him at all that they aren't found yet, but he still maintains that they are there. Saddam has had weapons such as Scuds that he wasn't supposed to have as of the end of the 1st gulf war, but he did. He even shot them at us. So if you think that he stopped there you are crazy.
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 04:31 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
01 cobra if you believe that there are no WMD then you believe Saddam who says no over our own president who says that they are there. I don't think he would lie. So far it has not benefited him at all that they aren't found yet, but he still maintains that they are there. Saddam has had weapons such as Scuds that he wasn't supposed to have as of the end of the 1st gulf war, but he did. He even shot them at us. So if you think that he stopped there you are crazy.
It's not what I believe. It is what remains as fact at the moment.

The scuds you talk about could barely reach Tel Aviv, let alone Columbus, OH. So, they become a non-issue to the reason why we were there.

David Kay had over 1200 inspectors with him, Blix had 120. They both came to the same conclusion, no WMDs.
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 10:22 AM
Lifer

01WC, you seem to inply there are facts that I don't agree are there. We could debate that all day long and go nowhere though.

I am wondering why you believe the president would go into Iraq on a preemptive strike based on lies when that would be political suicide. One of the main reasons I turned on Clinton and Hillary is that they are proven liars. I would also turn against Bush if he was proven to be a liar. I especially think it would be ludicrous since most Americans support the action regardless of the prescence of WMD. They are like us, they know there were WMD in Iraq. Hell, give me 8 or so years like Saddam had from '92-'00 to hide and or get rid of them in Tarrant or Dallas county, much less a whole country, and I promise you would never find them if I hid them.

As much as you deny, you sure do talk the talk of a left winger.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 10:53 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
01WC, you seem to inply there are facts that I don't agree are there. We could debate that all day long and go nowhere though.

I am wondering why you believe the president would go into Iraq on a preemptive strike based on lies when that would be political suicide. One of the main reasons I turned on Clinton and Hillary is that they are proven liars. I would also turn against Bush if he was proven to be a liar. I especially think it would be ludicrous since most Americans support the action regardless of the prescence of WMD. They are like us, they know there were WMD in Iraq. Hell, give me 8 or so years like Saddam had from '92-'00 to hide and or get rid of them in Tarrant or Dallas county, much less a whole country, and I promise you would never find them if I hid them.

As much as you deny, you sure do talk the talk of a left winger.
Damn, again with the left winger shit.

Let's see, I present fact. You present opinion. You don't even know (or care) what the facts are. You sound like a right-wing dumbshit. "Feeeedddd mmmmeeeee thhhheeeee iiinnnnfffffooorrrrmmmaaaaaattttiiiiiioooonnnn...". You are a zombie. Do some research on the subject.

The Bush Administration is like any other administration, it's political. As with any other administration, it will stretch and manipulate the truth for its cause.

I'm all for war, when the country we are at war with is a direct threat to the safety of our nation. Iraq wasn't.

Plain and simple.

I'm glad I don't live in your paranoid little world that is easily manipulated by the color of some *Threat Advisory* presented by a really cool sounding, yet just as ineffective as any other government agency, "Department Of Homeland Security".
post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 01:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Damn, again with the left winger shit.

Let's see, I present fact. You present opinion. You don't even know (or care) what the facts are. You sound like a right-wing dumbshit. "Feeeedddd mmmmeeeee thhhheeeee iiinnnnfffffooorrrrmmmaaaaaattttiiiiiioooonnnn...". You are a zombie. Do some research on the subject.

The Bush Administration is like any other administration, it's political. As with any other administration, it will stretch and manipulate the truth for its cause.

I'm all for war, when the country we are at war with is a direct threat to the safety of our nation. Iraq wasn't.

Plain and simple.

I'm glad I don't live in your paranoid little world that is easily manipulated by the color of some *Threat Advisory* presented by a really cool sounding, yet just as ineffective as any other government agency, "Department Of Homeland Security".
Dude, take a chill pill. I love it when your opinion is somehow fact. There is no way you can say that Iraq is not a direct threat to us as a fact. It is your opinion, but thats right, your opinion is a fact, I forgot.

Feel free to keep intelectual conversations to details without name calling. It is a tactic employed by the less inteligent among us and certainly beneath you.

As far as the research, why would I need to research an opinion? My opinion is based on my observations, listening to persons who have information that I believe and don't believe, and from reading newspaper reports, etc. Regardless, why would you be so arrogant to assume that because my opinion is different than your "facts' that it has to be that I didn't research it and come to my own conclusion? Besides, I am not offended by you reaching your own conclusions, why are you so bothered by me having my own opinions? Does everyone who believes that Bush is a great president, that conservatives have the best ideas and political philosophy, and generally support a majority side therefore have to be uninformed? You take great pride in your independent status but have a problem when you come out and decide to take a decidely left wing viewpoint. I don't get bothered by someone pointing out my current right wing opinions, especially since it's a fact.

Besides, don't hang your hat that I am somehow misinformed because I don't meet your desired level of "research". It has been my experience that those who emphasize their incredible research knowledge have little common sense knowledge.

See, I can think your opinion is wrong but I won't try and belittle you for having it.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 02:32 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Dude, take a chill pill. I love it when your opinion is somehow fact. There is no way you can say that Iraq is not a direct threat to us as a fact. It is your opinion, but thats right, your opinion is a fact, I forgot.

Feel free to keep intelectual conversations to details without name calling. It is a tactic employed by the less inteligent among us and certainly beneath you.

As far as the research, why would I need to research an opinion? My opinion is based on my observations, listening to persons who have information that I believe and don't believe, and from reading newspaper reports, etc. Regardless, why would you be so arrogant to assume that because my opinion is different than your "facts' that it has to be that I didn't research it and come to my own conclusion? Besides, I am not offended by you reaching your own conclusions, why are you so bothered by me having my own opinions? Does everyone who believes that Bush is a great president, that conservatives have the best ideas and political philosophy, and generally support a majority side therefore have to be uninformed? You take great pride in your independent status but have a problem when you come out and decide to take a decidely left wing viewpoint. I don't get bothered by someone pointing out my current right wing opinions, especially since it's a fact.

Besides, don't hang your hat that I am somehow misinformed because I don't meet your desired level of "research". It has been my experience that those who emphasize their incredible research knowledge have little common sense knowledge.

See, I can think your opinion is wrong but I won't try and belittle you for having it.
Fact 1: As of 11/12/03, no weapons of mass destruction have been found. They could "find" them on satellite. But now that they are on the ground. No one can find them.

Fact 2: Not one piece of evidence has been presented that Iraq was a threat to the US.

Please, without opinion, dispute my facts.

Life doesn't revolve around FoxNews and radio talk show hosts. What a wonderful way to fill your head with knowledge.

My views are shared with not only *liberals* but quite a few centrist Republicans as well as the majority of Liberterians.

But, like I said, your closeminded, "I get my info from talk radio and FoxNews" brain assumes if someone doesn't agree with your train of thought (extreme right wing), they must be the opposite, extreme left wing.

As far as common sense goes. LOL. Yea, hang your hat on common sense. It will get you far.

My intelligence and common sense are why I'm a partner in a technology company with a 8 figure revenue base. The ability to obtain the facts, sift through the facts and make common sense judgements based on facts is required. Thanks for the concern.
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Fact 1: As of 11/12/03, no weapons of mass destruction have been found. They could "find" them on satellite. But now that they are on the ground. No one can find them.

Fact 2: Not one piece of evidence has been presented that Iraq was a threat to the US.

Please, without opinion, dispute my facts.

Life doesn't revolve around FoxNews and radio talk show hosts. What a wonderful way to fill your head with knowledge.

My views are shared with not only *liberals* but quite a few centrist Republicans as well as the majority of Liberterians.

But, like I said, your closeminded, "I get my info from talk radio and FoxNews" brain assumes if someone doesn't agree with your train of thought (extreme right wing), they must be the opposite, extreme left wing.

As far as common sense goes. LOL. Yea, hang your hat on common sense. It will get you far.

My intelligence and common sense are why I'm a partner in a technology company with a 8 figure revenue base. The ability to obtain the facts, sift through the facts and make common sense judgements based on facts is required. Thanks for the concern.
I have no facts to support that Iraq was a threat to us. I will reciprocate that I have not seen any facts that say they were not. I do have my opinion that Iraq was a state sponsor of terrorism and that any country that supports terrorism of the kind that planned the attacks of 9/11/01 is a threat to us. I agree about inteligence and common sense being important, but who said I hung my hat on common sense alone? It seems to me that you rely on research as a determintaion of inteligence. I would hold my inteligense and common sense against anyones. I have no desire to impress you with my accomplishments as a bolster to my argument. I am happy for your success, I am sure you earned it.

You may be an exception to my experience with guys who sit behind a computer all day and have very little common sense. Besides, financial success is not necesarily an indicator of common sense and inteligence. See Eminem and MC Hammer among a host of others.

You have still never addressed why someone pointing out your left wing statements upsets you so much. Your lack of denial of your left wing comments answers that I guess.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 03:14 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
I have no facts to support that Iraq was a threat to us. I will reciprocate that I have not seen any facts that say they were not. I do have my opinion that Iraq was a state sponsor of terrorism and that any country that supports terrorism of the kind that planned the attacks of 9/11/01 is a threat to us. I agree about inteligence and common sense being important, but who said I hung my hat on common sense alone? It seems to me that you rely on research as a determintaion of inteligence. I would hold my inteligense and common sense against anyones. I have no desire to impress you with my accomplishments as a bolster to my argument. I am happy for your success, I am sure you earned it.

You may be an exception to my experience with guys who sit behind a computer all day and have very little common sense. Besides, financial success is not necesarily an indicator of common sense and inteligence. See Eminem and MC Hammer among a host of others.

You have still never addressed why someone pointing out your left wing statements upsets you so much. Your lack of denial of your left wing comments answers that I guess.
Intelligence would give you the ability to spell intelligence.

I address your comments about the left wing, because it is typical of the extreme right winger that decides anyone opposed to the right wing, must be left wing. Which, in fact, is untrue and ignorant.

I don't sit behind a computer all day. Today, I awoke at 5, ran 3 miles, got the kid ready for school, walked her to school, lifted weights, worked for awhile, talked to some European clients, programmed some, shot a large bucket of balls at the driving range, picked my daughter up from school. Intermixed with a meal every now and then.

Yes, I rely on research as a primary tool for gathering intelligence. Like most people do. I don't get it from the opinions of talk show hosts and their interpretation of the facts, which would give me an opinion of an opinion, twice removed from fact. I also gather this research from multiple sources not one.

I see France and Germany are pretty pissed at us. I don't have any facts that point to them not being a threat to us. Should we attack them as well?

MC Hammer, obvisouly had no common sense or intelligence. That is why he declared bankruptcy.

Emminem, clearly appears to have some intelligence and common sense. It may not be what you want to hear, but he definetly has carved a market out for himself and pursuing it very well. I don't necessarily agree with him, but I am impressed at his ability to market that to his target market.

I have an opinion my neighbors down the street must sponsor terrorism. I mean, they have those funny rags on their heads and pray to the East every morning. I don't have any facts to base that on, but, hey its an opinion.
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
F=W x A / g

Iraq was a thread to the world.

Here is and interesting website on Iraq. Take some time and read through the WMD profiles.

http://www.iraqwatch.org/wmd/index.html

Here's some interesting information on how WMD has been hidden. http://meria.idc.ac.il/journal/2003/issue1/jv7n1a5.html
post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
F=W x A / g

Re: Iraq was a thread to the world.

Quote:
Here is and interesting website on Iraq. Take some time and read through the WMD profiles.

Here's some interesting information on how WMD has been hidden. http://meria.idc.ac.il/journal/2003/issue1/jv7n1a5.html

Oh, and here is more. Stop watching CNN people. http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB80/
post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 04:09 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Re: Iraq was a thread to the world.

Quote:

LMAO. A website funded by the Wisconsin Project? The unbiased non-profit group that is... whoopsie!... funded partially by the pentagon? Yea, now that's an unbiased group for sure!

I love the shopping with Saddam article, supposedly based on a unpublished report from the UN. Which actually came from a magazine named Commentary.

It amazing with all this expert knowledge, that the Bush administration isn't sending everyone in the world to this site for proof of the immediate danger of Iraq to the world!
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
F=W x A / g

Re: Re: Iraq was a thread to the world.

Quote:
LMAO. A website funded by the Wisconsin Project? The unbiased non-profit group that is... whoopsie!... funded partially by the pentagon? Yea, now that's an unbiased group for sure!

I love the shopping with Saddam article, supposedly based on a unpublished report from the UN. Which actually came from a magazine named Commentary.

It amazing with all this expert knowledge, that the Bush administration isn't sending everyone in the world to this site for proof of the immediate danger of Iraq to the world!
All I am saying is not to get all of your information from one source.

Here's one that I know you will enjoy.http://www.iraqometer.com/
post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 05:06 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Re: Re: Re: Iraq was a thread to the world.

Quote:
All I am saying is not to get all of your information from one source.

Here's one that I know you will enjoy.http://www.iraqometer.com/
I don't.

Yea, I did enjoy your link.

Although I think the civilian deaths count is suspect (and all my opinion).
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 06:50 PM
Lifer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
[B]

I address your comments about the left wing, because it is typical of the extreme right winger that decides anyone opposed to the right wing, must be left wing. Which, in fact, is untrue and ignorant.

Yahoo!!! Get him 01WC. They tend to make it real simple don't they?! If you ain't with us, then you're un-patriotic. I for one think that concern for the future of this nation (as opposed to the almighty, always the only way, wingers getting their way)is very patriotic! Back in the old (McCarthy) days you were a communist.

post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 06:57 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by black01gt

Yahoo!!! Get him 01WC. They tend to make it real simple don't they?! If you ain't with us, then you're un-patriotic. I for one think that concern for the future of this nation (as opposed to the almighty, always the only way, wingers getting their way)is very patriotic! Back in the old (McCarthy) days you were a communist.
I find it quite interesting the polarization of both parties. The controlling Republicans moving farther right and the controlling Democrats moving farther left.

It creates quite the interesting void in the middle.

Some smart politician has already realized this and will grab that middle portion from each party. Not sure if they will be Democrat or Republican. But someone will grab the middle for sure, maybe not in time for the 2004 election, but soon.

As far as I can remember (possibly mid-70s, I'm an old fart), I have never seen the polarization of today's US.
post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 07:18 PM
Lifer

Re: Let's just quit now and call the troops home.

Quote:

Remember 9-11!

What are you saying there GTec? That we should sacrifice and do away with our SUVs, Harleys and (choke)Starbucks and laptops, and start living like a bunch of Arabs? Who wins then?
Yeah I remember 9/11! THAT'S MY WHOLE POINT!!! Speak for yourself about how much truth "we can handle". Lets try...a little "truth", and see what happens. I am thinking of myself (so are you), but more importantly, I'm thinking of my kids!!! I think our troops are too, and I am eternally grateful for that.

post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 09:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Intelligence would give you the ability to spell intelligence.

I don't sit behind a computer all day. Today, I awoke at 5, ran 3 miles, got the kid ready for school, walked her to school, lifted weights, worked for awhile, talked to some European clients, programmed some, shot a large bucket of balls at the driving range, picked my daughter up from school. Intermixed with a meal every now and then.

Yes, I rely on research as a primary tool for gathering intelligence. Like most people do. I don't get it from the opinions of talk show hosts and their interpretation of the facts, which would give me an opinion of an opinion, twice removed from fact. I also gather this research from multiple sources not one.

I see France and Germany are pretty pissed at us. I don't have any facts that point to them not being a threat to us. Should we attack them as well?

MC Hammer, obvisouly had no common sense or intelligence. That is why he declared bankruptcy.

Emminem, clearly appears to have some intelligence and common sense. It may not be what you want to hear, but he definetly has carved a market out for himself and pursuing it very well. I don't necessarily agree with him, but I am impressed at his ability to market that to his target market.

I have an opinion my neighbors down the street must sponsor terrorism. I mean, they have those funny rags on their heads and pray to the East every morning. I don't have any facts to base that on, but, hey its an opinion.
Someone who talks about my spelling when in reality it is lack of typing skills should edit your posts better. Only the lacking of humility would condemn someone while being guilty of the same. It can also be argued that it is hypocritical to chastise someone or accuse them of wrongdoing while also committing the same error.

"Emminem, clearly appears to have some intelligence and common sense." I will also let you try and find your own error. Enough with the pettiness or else people will confuse me with you.

Please explain to me where my opinions are any less valid than yours. You accuse me of being an extreme right-winger because I support the war and it's basic causes. Hell, there are even liberals who are on that level of understanding. You talk about me like you know me, well once again, you don't know how wrong you are. I could talk about running 6 miles a day, driving my child to school, lifting weights with a professional trainer, fitting in ttime to learn to fly, working on the bone stock restoration of my '70 Mach 1, volunteering at the local homeless shelter, rescuing cats from trees, leaping tall buildngs in one bound, and it still wouldn't make me any better than you. Besides, trying to impress you is not on my agenda of things to do. It's funny how I can say you have every right to your opinion, but you sure don't want anyone who disagrees with yours to voice it. I say you are the intolerant one, not I.

Why would anyone give a crap what Germany and France think? It couldn't be that they had invested millions of dollars in Iraq and their opposition to the war was based upon greed or self indulgence, nawww that couldn't be it, but thats just my opinion. Yeah, the millions of dollars France and Germany had invested in Iraq is just opinion, but maybe if I researched it I could find it to be fact.

I am also flattered that with only a few words I could seduce you to the name calling and sarcasm of the people you so desparately want to be separated from.

I also have said many times that you may not be a liberal, but you sure do talk the talk of one. Since when does that make me such a bad guy. I talk the talk of a conservative and don't hide behind double talk and get defensive if you say I do.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 12:28 AM
you wanna run?

bet ya'll a dollar Bush wins the next election
post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
F=W x A / g

That's a very good bet.

Quote:
bet ya'll a dollar Bush wins the next election

I have a hunch that the Republican party is holding back some very big and positive news on Iraq just in time for the election. The WMD is there because it was there before. It's just a matter of finding it in the nick of time.
Iraq had 12 years to find hiding places for that stuff. The inspections in my opinion were a joke.
If the DEA called up some drug dealer and told him what time they would be there to see if he really had drugs what do you think they would find?.....nothing.
I really try not to be one sided on this war and keep my mind open. I just don't think that we would be in Iraq if there wasn't a very valid reason for it. I'm sure there are things that we will never know.
post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 06:07 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Re: That's a very good bet.

Quote:
I have a hunch that the Republican party is holding back some very big and positive news on Iraq just in time for the election. The WMD is there because it was there before. It's just a matter of finding it in the nick of time.
Iraq had 12 years to find hiding places for that stuff. The inspections in my opinion were a joke.
If the DEA called up some drug dealer and told him what time they would be there to see if he really had drugs what do you think they would find?.....nothing.
I really try not to be one sided on this war and keep my mind open. I just don't think that we would be in Iraq if there wasn't a very valid reason for it. I'm sure there are things that we will never know.
Yea, GTek, that's it. They're holding back the information. As US Soldiers die, as public support for the Iraq war is at its lowest point ever, as Bush request another 600 million from Congress to search for WMD, as the US speeds up transition to Iraq safe rule...

I guess the told the 1000s of people searching for WMDs, "Sssssshhhhhh we want this for election time".

Last edited by 01WhiteCobra; 11-13-2003 at 06:28 AM.
post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 09:29 AM
Lifer

Re: That's a very good bet.

Quote:
I wouldn't doubt that this is exactly what is happening. It may not be that they have found WMD, but what if it is some pretty compelling evidence that they try to get solid evidence from, but if they don't get even more they release the compelling evidence just in time to make an impact on the election.

I doubt that even if we find WMD the war would all of a sudden stop. I can just see it, the radicals who are killing soldiers just stop their attacks upon us finding the WMD. Thats a pretty short sighted view.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 11:05 AM
you wanna run?

Re: Re: That's a very good bet.

Quote:
Yea, GTek, that's it. They're holding back the information. As US Soldiers die, as public support for the Iraq war is at its lowest point ever, as Bush request another 600 million from Congress to search for WMD, as the US speeds up transition to Iraq safe rule...

I guess the told the 1000s of people searching for WMDs, "Sssssshhhhhh we want this for election time".
from what you say here you don't believe that we are trying to set up an Iraq for safe rule? I believe that is one of the biggest reasons that we are there, so as to keep communism from seaping back into Iraq. If that happens we will be back there in another 10 years. I don't want that. And I don't think you do either.

From the beginning Bush said that this was going to take as long as we need. People were OK with that until about a year was up, then the Bush bashing commenced. And it hasn't stopped. I'm 100% behind the president. If he feels that we need to be over there then good. He has 10x the information that we do anyway. I don't care how many places that you get information from. He gets his from the highest athority.
post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 11:54 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Re: Re: Re: That's a very good bet.

Quote:
from what you say here you don't believe that we are trying to set up an Iraq for safe rule? I believe that is one of the biggest reasons that we are there, so as to keep communism from seaping back into Iraq. If that happens we will be back there in another 10 years. I don't want that. And I don't think you do either.

From the beginning Bush said that this was going to take as long as we need. People were OK with that until about a year was up, then the Bush bashing commenced. And it hasn't stopped. I'm 100% behind the president. If he feels that we need to be over there then good. He has 10x the information that we do anyway. I don't care how many places that you get information from. He gets his from the highest athority.
LMAO, if you wanted to keep communism out of Iraq, you would have kept Saddam in charge, since he BANNED communism from Iraq.

Communism was making progress in Afghanistan until the US helped the Taliban and Osama against the communist government.

Think the Afghanistan Communist party would have bombed the World Trade Center or flown planes into it?

Where do you people get this stuff from?
post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
F=W x A / g

Re: Re: That's a very good bet.

Quote:
I wouldn't doubt that this is exactly what is happening. It may not be that they have found WMD, but what if it is some pretty compelling evidence that they try to get solid evidence from, but if they don't get even more they release the compelling evidence just in time to make an impact on the election.

I doubt that even if we find WMD the war would all of a sudden stop. I can just see it, the radicals who are killing soldiers just stop their attacks upon us finding the WMD. Thats a pretty short sighted view.
That's what I was meaning. Even if they found the WMD, S.H., and Bin Laden all in the same day, the war would be far from over. Holding back some information does not put US soldiers at risk.
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 03:38 PM
you wanna run?

Re: Re: Re: Re: That's a very good bet.

Quote:
LMAO, if you wanted to keep communism out of Iraq, you would have kept Saddam in charge, since he BANNED communism from Iraq.

Communism was making progress in Afghanistan until the US helped the Taliban and Osama against the communist government.

Think the Afghanistan Communist party would have bombed the World Trade Center or flown planes into it?

I'm sure that the "non-communist" election was fair and just. Do you think that they had a fair election like we do, or... if you voted for someone else, or spoke bad of S.H. you could be shot or some other unfair punishment. They didn't have freedom of speech like we do. If I'm wrong correct me.
post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 03:41 PM
you wanna run?

Re: Re: Re: Re: That's a very good bet.

Quote:

What do you think about this comment, am I in left field with this one too?
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-13-2003, 03:54 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: That's a very good bet.

Quote:
What do you think about this comment, am I in left field with this one too?
No, that is your opinion. You are entitled to it.

But, I do think that you feeling this is some type of uber-Administration that doesn't have any political basis for their decisions (all decisions come the *highest authority*) is naive.

What happened to battling the spread communism? Give up on that misinformation?
post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 07:41 PM
Wolverines!!!

As far WMD go they may not have found any, but something like 80% of all Iraqi sodliers taken prisoner had tattered ass uniforms, boots that were duct taped together, and weapons that looked like they were in a lake for 3yrs, but most all of them had brand new expensive chemical protections suits. It does pose a good question as to why they had all that for nothing.
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 08:27 PM

This whole war is a joke

Saddam Hussein never posed any type of threat to the US. One question have is did we find any WMD when we took over. Bush just said that to get the public's trust behind him and guess who got the contract to repair the oil fields HALLIBURTON... isnt Dick Cheney the CEO of that company. This whole war is after money the whole time and for you guys who have got it twisted about the whole 9-11 thing being Saddam get a life. It was all bin Laden, by the way who cannot stand Saddam anyways. Thank god that Saddam is gone and the Iraqi people can be free but at the same time it cost them the rights on their oil fields.

Back the troops because its a rich man's war but a poor man's fight. It will always be that way it s a way of putting food on the table for their families.

All I am saying is that I am tired of Bush passing all the patriot acts that point at my race well more important my religion. The CIA let september 11th happen. They knew about it the whole time and chose not to act on all the warnings. I am not saying that I am muslim and I am against America which I am not because I have been living a life that is more than what my parents could dream of giving me and the oppurtunities that they never had. Hell Korea called out America and said that a nuclear attack would be used if America interfered but we chose to turn the other cheek, WHY?? isnt that a threat to freedom, i think go after them.

I mean dont insult the public by feeding BS about how we want to liberate the people and how feel so sorry for them and the whole WMD and they are waiting to unveil it for the first time when elections come around that is the biggest BS that I have ever heard. He is a racist and it is plain and simple he hates middle eastern people as I stated earlier and what happen in the 9-11 attacks helped him act on that without a problem. I have gotten innocent hard working family friends and relatives get deported back to the shithole country that we are from. Some misfits of our religion performed an attack but we are supposed to be the bigger country and look past that just like everyone did with unabomber and the OKC bombing but we dont look past it and some believe that we are all like that and BUSH is playing the GUILTY TILL PROVEN INNOCENT card.

Last edited by SVT1998GT; 11-14-2003 at 08:45 PM.
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 08:44 PM
Lifer

Re: This whole war is a joke

Quote:
Originally posted by SVT1998GT
Saddam Hussein never posed any type of threat to the US one question have we found any WMD when they took over. Bush just said that to get the public's trust behind him and guess who got the contract to repair the oil fields "halliburton" isnt Dick Cheney the CEO of that company...hmm lets see. This thing was after money the whole time and for the guys who have got it twisted about the whole 9-11 thing being Saddam get a life it was all bin Laden, who cannot stand Saddam anyways. Thank god that Saddam is gone and the Iraqi people can be free but at the same time it cost them the rights on their oil fields.

Back the troops because its a rich man's war but a poor man's fight. It will always be that way it s a way of putting food on the table for their families.

All I am saying is that I am tired of Bush passing all the patriot acts that point at my race well more important religion. They CIA let september 11th happen. They knew about it the whole time and chose not to act on all the warnings. I am not saying that I am muslim and i am against america which i am not because I have been living a life that is more than my parents can dream of giving me and the oppurtunities that they never had. Hell Korea called out America and said that a nuclear attack would be used if America interfered but we chose to turn the other cheek, WHY?? isnt that a threat to freedom, i think so go after them also.
Although it's terribly hard to read, I think I have deciphered some conspiracy theory in this post. Either way, I have a headcahe after reading it. LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 08:48 PM

Re: Re: This whole war is a joke

Quote:
Although it's terribly hard to read, I think I have deciphered some conspiracy theory in this post. Either way, I have a headcahe after reading it. LOL
Dont get it twisted I am not backing terrorist or anything like that but I edited the post I had read it again. I mean its not right to treat your own citizens as you would the people you are going to war with by passing laws to single out one race or religion.
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 06:14 PM
you wanna run?

Re: This whole war is a joke

Quote:
Saddam Hussein never posed any type of threat to the US. One question have is did we find any WMD when we took over. Bush just said that to get the public's trust behind him and guess who got the contract to repair the oil fields HALLIBURTON... isnt Dick Cheney the CEO of that company. This whole war is after money the whole time and for you guys who have got it twisted about the whole 9-11 thing being Saddam get a life. It was all bin Laden, by the way who cannot stand Saddam anyways. Thank god that Saddam is gone and the Iraqi people can be free but at the same time it cost them the rights on their oil fields.

All I am saying is that I am tired of Bush passing all the patriot acts that point at my race well more important my religion. The CIA let september 11th happen. They knew about it the whole time and chose not to act on all the warnings. I am not saying that I am muslim and I am against America which I am not because I have been living a life that is more than what my parents could dream of giving me and the oppurtunities that they never had. Hell Korea called out America and said that a nuclear attack would be used if America interfered but we chose to turn the other cheek, WHY?? isnt that a threat to freedom, i think go after them.

I mean dont insult the public by feeding BS about how we want to liberate the people and how feel so sorry for them and the whole WMD and they are waiting to unveil it for the first time when elections come around that is the biggest BS that I have ever heard. He is a racist and it is plain and simple he hates middle eastern people as I stated earlier and what happen in the 9-11 attacks helped him act on that without a problem. I have gotten innocent hard working family friends and relatives get deported back to the shithole country that we are from. Some misfits of our religion performed an attack but we are supposed to be the bigger country and look past that just like everyone did with unabomber and the OKC bombing but we dont look past it and some believe that we are all like that and BUSH is playing the GUILTY TILL PROVEN INNOCENT card.
You have a lot of good points. Sorry about your relatives and all that. One thing that I disagree with is that SH was not cooperating with us on the weapons inspections in Iraq. He was withholding information and not giving free reign to weapons inspectors like he was supposed to. We warned him repeatedly that we were going to take military action if he didn't cooperate. I think he was given too many chances. And we took him out of power so we would not have to be back in 10 years dealing with S.H. again.
If I am wrong what should we have done?
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 11:14 AM

Re: Re: This whole war is a joke

Quote:
You have a lot of good points. Sorry about your relatives and all that. One thing that I disagree with is that SH was not cooperating with us on the weapons inspections in Iraq. He was withholding information and not giving free reign to weapons inspectors like he was supposed to. We warned him repeatedly that we were going to take military action if he didn't cooperate. I think he was given too many chances. And we took him out of power so we would not have to be back in 10 years dealing with S.H. again.
If I am wrong what should we have done?

Well just out of curiousity why didnt the UN back us on going to war with Iraq? I mean if Iraq was the big of a threat wouldn't the UN back us for the war? It is plain and clear why we went to war it was for the oil U.S. is very dependant on oil and one of my professors said that the reason that we went to war with Iraq is for the oil. They could have went and told the public that hey we are taking the oil because if we dont this and this will happen to our economy and we wont be able to survive plain and simple, but dont rally up the public and make us look bad and say we are enduring freedom. Iraq can't touch America and neither can the other Middle Eastern countries they pose no threat, if they havent taken out Israel yet in which they would love to do, what on earth makes people think that they will come for America.
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 07:37 PM
you wanna run?

Re: Re: Re: This whole war is a joke

Quote:
Well just out of curiousity why didnt the UN back us on going to war with Iraq? I mean if Iraq was the big of a threat wouldn't the UN back us for the war? It is plain and clear why we went to war it was for the oil U.S. is very dependant on oil and one of my professors said that the reason that we went to war with Iraq is for the oil. They could have went and told the public that hey we are taking the oil because if we dont this and this will happen to our economy and we wont be able to survive plain and simple, but dont rally up the public and make us look bad and say we are enduring freedom. Iraq can't touch America and neither can the other Middle Eastern countries they pose no threat, if they havent taken out Israel yet in which they would love to do, what on earth makes people think that they will come for America.
I am certain that the reason that we went to Iraq the 1st time was oil. I don't think anyone would dispute that. This time I'm not so sure. We are dependant on there oil, but they are dependant on our money, so they were never going to stop selling it to us. Iraq right now can't touch us with weapons. Does that mean that they never will? NO. S.H. resents our way of life, just like the talaban. Why do you think they attacked us for 9/11. Resentment is the only reason I can think of.

I don't really think that you commented on what I said before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement