Does anyone still believe anything that Bush says these days? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Pushed to the limit

Does anyone still believe anything that Bush says these days?

I was just curious because it looks like his people are digging him deeper and deeper in a hole every single time they get in front of a camera.

What sickens me the most is that people still back this buffoon. Today at the office, someone told me that he didn't mind being lied to if it is a means to an end. I had to remind him that there is no end in sight for what we are into now in Iraq.

I especially like the fact that countries are saying "You got yourself into this, now get yourself out." Where is that coalition that was all for this invasion now? I guess that is what happens when you act unilaterally and your primary reason for acting appears to be false.

I do like the cheaper gas though.

I think I am just going to have to stop watching TV for a while. I get sick to my stomach when I stop at CNN, FOXNEWS and MSNBC.

Buying dogs kills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 02:08 PM
Lifer

Cheaper gas hell, its went up 6 cents/gal since friday here!
post #3 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally posted by JimD
Cheaper gas hell, its went up 6 cents/gal since friday here!
I guess i should have qualified that. I meant cheaper than BEFORE.

Buying dogs kills.

post #4 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 01:52 PM
F=W x A / g

Re: Does anyone still believe anything that Bush says these days?

I think I am just going to have to stop watching TV for a while. I get sick to my stomach when I stop at CNN, FOXNEWS and MSNBC. [/B][/QUOTE]

Good idea. You're being played like a puppet by the media.

<---------Supports the President of the United States and our men and women of the Military.
post #5 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 02:04 PM
Lifer

Re: Re: Does anyone still believe anything that Bush says these days?

Quote:
Originally posted by GTek
I think I am just going to have to stop watching TV for a while. I get sick to my stomach when I stop at CNN, FOXNEWS and MSNBC.

<---------Supports the President of the United States and our men and women of the Military. [/B][/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA!!! Looks like you're the one being played by the media. That is: being against bush = being against the troops.

I support the people that are going over there risking their lives. They don't have a choice. They belong to uncle sam.

Bush, on the other hand, can burn in hell. Too bad he doesn't pay a visit to Iraq. Maybe then, he could get to see first hand what is happening to our troops. He's a coke-head, dwi, deserter who has done nothing but try to help the rich get richer. He's succeeding. At the same time, he's also ruining our economic future as well as destroying our reputation with the world community.

It's funny that all of his cabinet members are quiting. They see what a buffoon he is and they refuse to lie, cover up and sell his propaganda.

Fire away...

Last edited by line-em-up; 07-18-2003 at 11:04 AM.
post #6 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally posted by GTek

<---------Supports the President of the United States and our men and women of the Military. [/B][/QUOTE]

Getting played by the media and letting them do their job as watchdog are two different things.

I can almost guarantee that we would have found some WMD by now if there was no media around to see us plant them.

Now if Bush would just stand up and say he was wrong, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Instead, he is pointing the finger somewhere else because he didn't do his homework. Because of that, more Americans die or get wounded every day in a hostile nation and there is a chance that the guy we leveled a country to kill is still alive.

Who played who?

Buying dogs kills.
post #7 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 07:58 PM
F=W x A / g

Re: Re: Re: Does anyone still believe anything that Bush says these days?

Who played who? [/B][/QUOTE]

No. It's who's playing who?

It's election time soon. The media has always been pro Democrat............
Why are you such a Bush hater?

Who do you think they will have to run against Bush that will be up to your standards?

Did you vote last election?
post #8 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 11:30 PM
Lifer

Like him or not, you're gonna get another term. He's still better than anyone else out there... If you think he's the only president to lie to you, you're either 19, or have led a very sheltered life. They ALL lie!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #9 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 10:39 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

falsis in unum, falsis in omnibus

It's an old legal principle. It means if a jury finds a witness was not telling the truth in one material statement, the jury could dimiss the entire testimony of the witness.

It works for jurys, it can work with Presidents.
post #10 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally posted by Vertnut
Like him or not, you're gonna get another term. He's still better than anyone else out there... If you think he's the only president to lie to you, you're either 19, or have led a very sheltered life. They ALL lie!
So it's ok for this one to lie too and we should just take it because they all do it. Where does it end? Where does the buck stop? When does Bush say "It was my fault that we acted on information that wasn't true." It has nothing to do with being 19 and sheltered but it has a lot to do with caring about the way this country is run and the precedents that are being set for future Presidents.

The reason I get so worked up about this kind of thing is because
I have a degree in Political Science and I have studied good Presidents and I have studied bad Presidents. It is amazing how people we thought were doing a good job were wrecking the place from the inside out and how people we thought were doing a horrible job were actually holding the place together by threads.

Examples:
Jimmy Carter: known for failing during the hostage crisis in 1979. Not recognized for brokering peace between Egypt and Israel (which still stands) and incredible humanitarian efforts (which he still does). Took responsibility for the hostage crisis on national TV.

John F. Kennedy: Strong on civil rights. Got us into Vietnam. At least he took full responsibility for the Bay of Pigs failure on national TV.

LBJ: Strong on civil rights. Known for losing Vietnam. At least he took full responsibility for his failures on national TV.

Andrew Johnson: took over for Lincoln after the assasination. Got impeached for staying with the plan. Stayed in office to complete the reconstructrion plan inspite of heavy opposition and death threats. There was no TV.

Notice the recurring theme between these guys? Responsibility.

I don't hate Bush but I don't think he deserves a "way to go tiger!" for the way he has handled this Iraq thing. I think that he doesn't know any better. I hate that people are so quick to follow. Do I expect him to be perfect? No. I just want him to say what we already know.

Buying dogs kills.
post #11 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 01:21 PM

CNN is NOTHING but 110% pure and simple propaganda!

Does anyone anywhere still believe them......they tell you
EXACTLY what "they" (whoever they is?) want you to hear.

Anyone who has been out of the Conus will tell you that
news in other countries varys a great deal from ours.
post #12 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 08:00 PM
F=W x A / g

There's more to the story

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/07/17/blair/index.html

"The regime of Saddam Hussein was a grave and growing threat," Bush said. "Given Saddam's history of violence and aggression, it would have been reckless to place our trust in his sanity or his restraint."

"As long as I hold this office, I will never risk the lives of American citizens by assuming the goodwill of dangerous enemies."

Blair also said that British intelligence information that the Iraqi regime was trying to buy uranium from the African nation of Niger was "genuine."

"We stand by that intelligence," he said. "In case people should think that the whole idea of a link between Iraq and Niger was some invention, in the 1980s, we know for sure that Iraq purchased around about 270 tons of uranium from Niger."
post #13 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 08:26 AM

Why can't we find it?
post #14 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 08:32 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by 98COBRA#770
Why can't we find it?
[Saddam]Oh crap. It's the Americans! Flush that **** down the toilet man, I don't wanna get caught with this stuff[/Saddam]

post #15 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 02:36 PM
Time Served

You have no idea how good it feels to find out that im not the only person on this site that thinks Bush is a moron.
post #16 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 02:39 PM
Time Served

"The media has always been pro Democrat............"
WTF are you talking abut? The media loves Bush. Why do you think they showed all that bs with him landing on the carier?
post #17 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 02:56 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

The media does not love Bush, they showed the aircraft carrier
because it meant ratings. The media is very biased for liberals, always has been, especially CNN , which is owned by that piece
of shit Ted Turner. You know the anti-American vegan who was once married to Jane Fonda, AKA Hanoi Jane.

The media did the same thing to Bush Sr, when he lost
to Slick Willy, only the issue was the economy. The media
then reported an economic turn-around a week after Clinton
took office , though all economists will tell you that if Govt
policy has any effect on the economy, there is at least a 6 month
lag before the indicators reflect it. The media is not about just
the facts .
post #18 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Lifer

LOL @ "Slick Willy" I've always loved that nickname. I wonder why he had that? Did Monica give it to him because his Williy was slick while she was slobbin on it?
post #19 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 11:19 PM
F=W x A / g

Thankyou

Quote:
Originally posted by Nero
The media does not love Bush, they showed the aircraft carrier
because it meant ratings. The media is very biased for liberals, always has been, especially CNN , which is owned by that piece
of shit Ted Turner. You know the anti-American vegan who was once married to Jane Fonda, AKA Hanoi Jane.

The media did the same thing to Bush Sr, when he lost
to Slick Willy, only the issue was the economy. The media
then reported an economic turn-around a week after Clinton
took office , though all economists will tell you that if Govt
policy has any effect on the economy, there is at least a 6 month
lag before the indicators reflect it. The media is not about just
the facts .

They also raised hell about the cost of landing on that carrier as compared to the normal helicopter landing. I think it was a damn good idea and a good morale booster for the troops.
post #20 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 06:39 AM
Lifer

Lest we forget:

Jimmy Carter- a very good person, but quite possibly the weakest Prez in the last 50 years (Iran hostage event helps prove that). I also had a car note @ 18% from 1979! Didn't need to study him, I was there...

JFK- you're kidding, right? If he isn't gunned down in Dallas, and made a martyr, all he would be known for was the Bay of Pigs. Again, I didn't study it...I was there.

LBJ- Oh my God! One of the most corrupt individuals ever to grace the Whitehouse. Being a fellow Texan, it kills me to say it, but it's true. Widely known for his under-the-table, back-stabbing political strategies. He just POURED troops into Vietnam, knowing it was a lost cause. Again, piss on the books- I was there.

I noticed you defended Democrats in your rant, as I would if I had been a political science major. I myself, had a Liberal queer for a P/S Prof, and it sounds like you had the same guy, except now he'd be about 60 or so...

post #21 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 06:45 AM
Lifer

By the way, Tricky Dick got us out of Vietnam, but will he be remembered for that?

post #22 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 07:37 AM
Beer Swillin' Redneck

Not a darn one of you is going to convince anyone to vote any different.

I, like most Texans, back Bush. I think he is the best man for the job. Don't crack on his past, he is a far more reputable person than our previous president ever was.

As for the intel snafu, all I can say is....whatever. It is a jab at Bush, nothing more.

Would you think Hitler Germany needed to be defeated had they not developed the V2 rocket? Irregardless of the millions of Jews they killed? Do you think Truman and Rosevelt to be evil men becasue they developed nuclear bombs? If you believe the intel snafu problem to be legitimate, then your reasoning is seriously flawed. There were a thousand reasons to remove Saddam, the WMD reason was simply most important to us given our wary state of mind these days.

"I have taken more out of alcohol than it has taken out of me."

"If not, by age 20, you are a liberal, then you have no heart. If not, by age 30, you are a conservative, then you have no brain.
post #23 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 07:47 AM
Beer Swillin' Redneck

Quote:
Originally posted by PWTRTXSS
So it's ok for this one to lie too and we should just take it because they all do it. Where does it end? Where does the buck stop? When does Bush say "It was my fault that we acted on information that wasn't true." It has nothing to do with being 19 and sheltered but it has a lot to do with caring about the way this country is run and the precedents that are being set for future Presidents.

The reason I get so worked up about this kind of thing is because
I have a degree in Political Science and I have studied good Presidents and I have studied bad Presidents. It is amazing how people we thought were doing a good job were wrecking the place from the inside out and how people we thought were doing a horrible job were actually holding the place together by threads.

Examples:
Jimmy Carter: known for failing during the hostage crisis in 1979. Not recognized for brokering peace between Egypt and Israel (which still stands) and incredible humanitarian efforts (which he still does). Took responsibility for the hostage crisis on national TV.

John F. Kennedy: Strong on civil rights. Got us into Vietnam. At least he took full responsibility for the Bay of Pigs failure on national TV.

LBJ: Strong on civil rights. Known for losing Vietnam. At least he took full responsibility for his failures on national TV.

Andrew Johnson: took over for Lincoln after the assasination. Got impeached for staying with the plan. Stayed in office to complete the reconstructrion plan inspite of heavy opposition and death threats. There was no TV.

Notice the recurring theme between these guys? Responsibility.

I don't hate Bush but I don't think he deserves a "way to go tiger!" for the way he has handled this Iraq thing. I think that he doesn't know any better. I hate that people are so quick to follow. Do I expect him to be perfect? No. I just want him to say what we already know.
Lying and taking responsibilty....how about old slick willy:

"I never inhaled"
"Define sexual relations"

And as far as great presidents go, how about Reagan. He has my vote for the best president of the 20th century. Don't give me that deficit spending crud, we are only in debt to ourselves....think about it. On the other hand, he destroyed the threat of communism! Which might be viewed as a bad thing by a Political Science major.

The reason most political science majors prefer liberals is the promise of more jobs. It is good business sense for them.

"If not, by age 20, you are a liberal, then you have no heart. If not, by age 30, you are a conservative, then you have no brain.
post #24 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 08:53 AM
Lifer

You're right about Ronnie. If you want to really screw up a Liberal, throw Ronnie into the mix.

post #25 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 01:35 PM

bush is the man
post #26 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally posted by MouseKiller
Lying and taking responsibilty....how about old slick willy:

"I never inhaled"
"Define sexual relations"

And as far as great presidents go, how about Reagan. He has my vote for the best president of the 20th century. Don't give me that deficit spending crud, we are only in debt to ourselves....think about it. On the other hand, he destroyed the threat of communism! Which might be viewed as a bad thing by a Political Science major.

The reason most political science majors prefer liberals is the promise of more jobs. It is good business sense for them.
What the hell makes you think that I am a liberal? Just because I speak out against things that I see as wrong earns me a label?

I was actually waiting for someone to mention Teflon Ron. I won't say he was the worst President but he definately needed his strings pulled. Aside from falling asleep during speeches by foreign dignitaries and bouts of not remembering that he was President, he did ok.

The thing the I remember the most is this fantastic PR thing where he is standing in front of workmen building affordable housing saying how it was important for the country to do this type of thing. He then refused to sign legislation to make it happen.

I actually do enjoy communism. I like how it was used as an excuse to defame people in the 50's and how it was an excuse to go get beat up in a jungle all of the way around the world. Last time I checked, we had a communist country 90 miles off of the coast of Florida. I didn't need to study for that one.

I do believe that his administration's hardline stance accelerated the end of the cold war. It was inevitable anyway but he did speed it up. I also believe that his reckless defense spending almost choked the country on it's own fat. The rich got really rich and AIDS spread in the U.S. in epidemic proportions. We also had wide open borders for drug smugglers and JUST SAY NO! Noriega was our boy. Remember that?

Buying dogs kills.
post #27 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 06:56 PM
Beer Swillin' Redneck

Quote:
What the hell makes you think that I am a liberal? Just because I speak out against things that I see as wrong earns me a label?

I was actually waiting for someone to mention Teflon Ron. I won't say he was the worst President but he definately needed his strings pulled. Aside from falling asleep during speeches by foreign dignitaries and bouts of not remembering that he was President, he did ok.

The thing the I remember the most is this fantastic PR thing where he is standing in front of workmen building affordable housing saying how it was important for the country to do this type of thing. He then refused to sign legislation to make it happen.

I actually do enjoy communism. I like how it was used as an excuse to defame people in the 50's and how it was an excuse to go get beat up in a jungle all of the way around the world. Last time I checked, we had a communist country 90 miles off of the coast of Florida. I didn't need to study for that one.

I do believe that his administration's hardline stance accelerated the end of the cold war. It was inevitable anyway but he did speed it up. I also believe that his reckless defense spending almost choked the country on it's own fat. The rich got really rich and AIDS spread in the U.S. in epidemic proportions. We also had wide open borders for drug smugglers and JUST SAY NO! Noriega was our boy. Remember that?
Easy Killer, I did not call you a liberal. I referred to political science majors and gave a plausible reason for their predominately liberal philosophies.

I still stand behind Reagan. Ron was the man.

Last edited by MouseKiller; 07-19-2003 at 07:00 PM.
post #28 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally posted by MouseKiller
Easy Killer, I did not call you a liberal. I referred to political science majors and gave a plausible reason for their predominately liberal philosophies.

I still stand behind Reagan. Ron was the man.
It wasn't you that came out with the liberal label. Sorry if it looked like that was directed at you.

It might surprise people to know that I am a huge Richard Nixon fan. He had some of the best foriegn policy that this country has ever seen. He was just a little paranoid

Buying dogs kills.
post #29 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:51 AM
Hero in a half shell

Re: Re: Re: Does anyone still believe anything that Bush says these days?

Quote:

HAHAHAHA!!! Looks like you're the one being played by the media. That is: being against bush = being against the troops.

I support the people that are going over there risking their lives. They don't have a choice. They belong to uncle sam.

Bush, on the other hand, can burn in hell. Too bad he doesn't pay a visit to Iraq. Maybe then, he could get to see first hand what is happening to our troops. He's a coke-head, dwi, deserter who has done nothing but try to help the rich get richer. He's succeeding. At the same time, he's also ruining our economic future as well as destroying our reputation with the world community.

It's funny that all of his cabinet members are quiting. They see what a buffoon he is and they refuse to lie, cover up and sell his propaganda.

Fire away... [/B]
From the reply, it sounds like you are a large supporter of the left wing of the DNC. You said that Bush was a coke-head, dwi, and a deserter. As left wingers go, they usually are correct on statements in a very low percentage. dwi yes, coke... no evidence, deserter... no evidence, he was a national guard pilot during the Vietnam conflict. In compared to the last president Clinton, certainly Bush has a better form of foreign policy and a better approach to a long-term better economy. If you read about presidential influence on economies, you will easily realize our economy is impacted by what presidents influence anywhere from 2 to 4 years later. Ex: Jimmy Carter and his congress in the late 70's single handedly threw our economy into a near depression. Those economic influences impacted the Regan years up until about 1983, interest rates being over 15% for a house. It was Regan who got the economy back on track, and this influenced his second term and things ran well through the next few terms until Clinton tax plans and policies came into being.

Clinton devastated the cash flow of this economy with the highest tax rates on personal and corporate America ever. It took Roosevelt just about 10 years and the influence of a world war to correct the problems created by the great depression. The point is these things take time.

The Clinton years and their lack of any focused plan to deal with terrorism and to implement procedures at the borders as well as to empower intelligence to do the sort of job that had been done prior to his administration, directly influenced 9/11.

This president at least had the testicle fortitude to send a serious message to these cowardly bums that are influencing harm on us. The message of being capable of changing governments in Afghanistan and Iraq is a very serious one.

If you listened to various people from the left wing, you will clearly see they are trying to dwindle the amount of forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. This in itself is not supporting the troops, but increasing potential harm. Talk to anybody who has been in combat and you will find that the lower amount of troops yields increased casualties by potential attackers. When you go into a combat situation, you always want overwhelming force.

Last edited by x_redhotcobra_x; 07-22-2003 at 02:49 AM.
post #30 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:51 PM

All of you people that are bashing bush and what he did, i would like to see you try to run a country and keep everyone satisfied. why would on person declare war without reason? do you remember 911 by any chance. You guys have no clue what the hell you are talking about? what if they had used their nuclear weapons on the u.s?? i guarantee that your opinion would change dramatically. you would wonder why we didnt kill the bastards when we had a chance......that is my piece anyway!
post #31 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 02:46 AM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally posted by 02GTCOUPE
All of you people that are bashing bush and what he did, i would like to see you try to run a country and keep everyone satisfied. why would on person declare war without reason? do you remember 911 by any chance. You guys have no clue what the hell you are talking about? what if they had used their nuclear weapons on the u.s?? i guarantee that your opinion would change dramatically. you would wonder why we didnt kill the bastards when we had a chance......that is my piece anyway!
well said

post #32 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 03:06 AM
mannish boy

does anyone still belive anything that ANY politician says these days?!?

if so, you're a fucking fool!
post #33 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 09:33 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
And what nuclear weapons would those be? The phantom nuclear weapons made from the phantom uranium from Niger?

Quote:
Originally posted by Forrest

True, very true.
post #34 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 09:40 AM
Lifer

Quote:

EXACTLY!!
post #35 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 12:44 PM
Time Served

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well there are definately other reasons for Bush bringing us to war, other than protecting us from nuclear weapons (that dont exist). 1st it takes the focus off of how sucky our economy is. And 2nd it makes him look like like the big Texan hero that evidently everybody adores. And 3rd I am just willing to bet he has interest in something over there called oil.
post #36 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 03:34 PM
GO TROOPS!!

I can't figure it out. How do you take, "British intel says that Iraq recently tried to buy.." and turn it into "Iraq tried to buy..." I would love for all the Bush bashers to try the shoe on and see what it has been like to be President the last 2 years. I continue to have lots of respect for the president. And the economy? I am no master of business, but I do run a very lucrative (decent) business and know that this "economy" crap has nothing to do with Bush. Tax cuts? Hell ya they work. I will raise salaries the instant I know the government is going to take less of my money. Any of you that make less than 65K per year need not apply, you don't play a role in the tax base anyways. But you start to make over 100K, you are gonna feel the burn! Not that I know, I only make 12K per year

Last edited by lilthumper; 07-22-2003 at 03:46 PM.
post #37 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 03:49 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Us Rich black folks love Bush! J/K I love Bush's tax cuts! He sucks at everything else.

post #38 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 03:58 PM
GO TROOPS!!

Yo Monsoon, as an opressed black man yourself, what do you think about Liberia? No honestly, what do you think should be done?
post #39 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 06:25 PM
Hero in a half shell

Quote:

not all politicians are dishonest.

post #40 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 12:47 AM
F=W x A / g

Slick Willy's opinion on the subject

http://kevxml2adsl.verizon.net/_1_2J...&feed=ap&top=1

Clinton said he never found out whether a U.S.-British bombing campaign he ordered in 1998 ended Saddam's capability of producing chemical and biological weapons. "We might have gotten it all, we might have gotten half of it, we might have gotten none of it," he said.

Clinton confined his remarks to biological and chemical weapons, and did not say whether he would consider credible any report that Saddam had wanted to build a nuclear weapons program.

Nonetheless, he suggested that Bush's mistake was par for the course - and that it was time to move on now that Bush had acknowledged the error.

"You know, everybody makes mistakes when they are president," he said. "I mean, you can't make as many calls as you have to without messing up once in a while. The thing we ought to be focused on is what is the right thing to do now."

Clinton said ending tensions in Iraq should be the priority now - another echo of the current White House's talking points. "We should be pulling for America on this. We should be pulling for the people of Iraq."
post #41 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 02:24 AM
TWIN SPINNER

Wow, Clinton surprised me on that one.

HEAR HEAR! Lilthumper!

I just consider the alternative.

Quote:
During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet.
post #42 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 01:58 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Bush has done a very good job. 9-11 could've been prevented, the signs were there, but we had a worthless
president that did nothing during the years prior to the attack.
Bush is being proactive to our nation's security. If the Clinton
admin had taken a similar direction then 3,000+ Americans would
not have died on Sept 11 .
post #43 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 02:19 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by lilthumper
Yo Monsoon, as an opressed black man yourself, what do you think about Liberia? No honestly, what do you think should be done?
I don't understand conservatives. You'd rather support Bush for spending billions of our hard earned money, putting the national debt at an all time high to build up Iraq an now thinking about spending billions to help Liberia? Yet conseratives hate the University of Michigan and other stuff. Do we hate our own people more than we do people on the other side of the world?

[conservative]Let's build up other countries and tear down our own!, Long live Bush[/conservative]

I hope my answer didn't dissapoint whatever predisposed thoughts you had.

post #44 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 02:33 PM
MaveRick

Quote:
What sickens me the most is that people still back this buffoon.

As an American, I was brought up to respect MY president's decisions - especially during war times - no matter what my personal political or ethical opinions are.

But that's just me. You sound like you may know a lot more than most.

If you don't like the way he's running our country, get the fuck out. I'm sure you can find a cheap one-way fair to Iraq. I'll even donate the relatively inexpensive gasoline for you to make the trip to the airport.

Good Riddance,

Rick Book
Old School, TX
post #45 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 02:36 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by MaveRick
As an American, I was brought up to respect MY president's decisions - especially during war times - no matter what my personal political or ethical opinions are.

If you don't like the way he's running our country, get the fuck out. I'm sure you can find a cheap one-way fair to Iraq. I'll even donate the relatively inexpensive gasoline for you to make the trip to the airport.

Good Riddance,

Rick Book
Old School, TX
Do you believe what you just typed?

post #46 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 02:36 PM
Lifer

Put me down as a strong supporter of Bush.

I disagree that Bush lied, especially since the line he used was 16 words in a long speech. If you are hanging your hat on that, well I say you are desparate to discredit him. I also find it funny how many people who do not support Bush do not support the war. I doubt you will find many who support Bush, but don't support the war.

I will also say that supporting the war is in fact supporting Bush. Especially since Cclinton went on Larry King last night and said he did not think the error Bush made by using British inteligence was intentional. Clinton himself, a person who knows something about intentional lying, doesn't think Bush lied.

And 01WC, by your logic that if someone has told a lie that nothing they ever say can be trusted again, then we all have no credibility. Everyone has lied in their life. The argument you are using is more appropriate when used as part of similar incidents. For instance, a witness is lying in a murder case, he therfore has no credibility in that case. He may later be a credible witness if his statements can be verified. I am not referring to someone who is convicted of perjury, or someone like Clinton who has had a judge make a ruling that he lied. A person like that would have no credibility.

I think it's kind of funny how this boils down to a liberal vs. conservative argument. Of course some will say they are independents, but that is just a label for someone who is ashamed to admit they are a liberal.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #47 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 02:48 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by 90 Notch
And 01WC, by your logic that if someone has told a lie that nothing they ever say can be trusted again, then we all have no credibility. Everyone has lied in their life. The argument you are using is more appropriate when used as part of similar incidents. For instance, a witness is lying in a murder case, he therfore has no credibility in that case. He may later be a credible witness if his statements can be verified. I am not referring to someone who is convicted of perjury, or someone like Clinton who has had a judge make a ruling that he lied. A person like that would have no credibility.

I think it's kind of funny how this boils down to a liberal vs. conservative argument. Of course some will say they are independents, but that is just a label for someone who is ashamed to admit they are a liberal.
Of all the shit posted on this thread, you single me out. Lol.

Why do you think I'm talking about Bush in his entire life? There was alot more to his argument of invading Iraq, other than the the bogus uranium deal.

Most of which has yet to be proven true.

He has side stepped the entire uranium mess, instead of taking the path of "yep, I said it. It was wrong. I take full responsibility for ANYTHING I SAY. The buck stops here." Instead the CIA is taking the fall, people in his administration are now taking the fall. I fault him more for taking that path, then I do him telling the fabrication in the first place.

Why don't you think I'm talking about this in the context of the war?

Your knowledge of the political parties simply amazes me.
post #48 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 02:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Good Riddance,

Rick Book
Old School, TX
How original. Just because someone isn't willing to take it up the ass without complaining, they should leave. That would sove a lot. "But that's just me. "
post #49 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 03:01 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:

Good Riddance,

Rick Book
Old School, TX

Baahhhaaaa

Did you think that up all by yourself? Let me guess, Northwest Houston. You must be from Cypress or Hockley.
post #50 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Pushed to the limit

Quote:

Good Riddance,

Rick Book
Old School, TX
So basically, you have no opinion of your own on this issue. Why do you even bother posting? I don't care what time it is. If there is an idiot behind the wheel, I am going to get out of the car and take a cab. Following blindly might work for you. When he earns the respect a President deserves, he will get it from me.

One way to Iraq? Why would I want to be where I am not wanted? Oh wait a second, the President thinks that's a good idea so why aren't YOU there? You support and respect Bush's decisions. Looks like you need that ticket.

Buy me a one way ticket to Madrid or Barcelona and give me three months rent and you have yourself a deal! I'll go home and start packing tonight. I accept Pay Pal. I even have a nice room picked out for myself on Gran Via near the Plaza d'Espana. I'll even send postcards.

Buying dogs kills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement