DFW Mustang Forums banner

NERD: Home Firewall/router

459 views 33 replies 8 participants last post by  RiSk 
#1 ·
so my home Netgear FVS 318 took a dump last night and i need to replace it. I liked it but only complaint being that it only supported 15 port forwarding rules.

What are you guys using? are you happy with it? i have a budget of up to 200$ so its up in the air as to what to get.

G
#27 ·
RiSk said:
hurm lets see... A WRT54G for 50 bucks or a PIX for 50.... let see... already stated that he doesn't need WAP and wants a REAL firewall..... Hard decision to be made here.
I didn't click on the link until now....besides, it's $70 including shipping...just saying...

Oh well, screw it, FTW

#32 ·
White_lightning said:
within one hour of bringing the checkpoing up. I had 6 uDP attacks.. and another 10-12 people try SSH in.. oh. and 3 port scannes..
CABLE INTERNET ROXORS
We setup a seperate Inet connection for marketing emails (or otherwise known as spam). The ASA was no problem, but within' 10 minutes of having the router up it was getting brute force login attempts. AAA/ACS is a blessing and it is interesting to review the logs. The ACL was easy, and it gets thousands of hits per hour. Must be a lot of really bored people out there. Oh, this was before we actually started sending the emails too. :)

Take care,

#33 ·
RiSk said:
It was me port scanning you.... So in the interest of your argument... what did you do to the port scanners, and the people that tried to ssh, and the UDP attackers?
what did i do? not a damn thing.. they cant get in. and retaliation is still considered a DOS.. if they keep at it i get my ISP to block them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.