DFW Mustang Forums banner

Chest to waist RATIO

2K views 106 replies 27 participants last post by  01WhiteCobra 
#1 ·
Is there any kind of facts or research out there for this? Just curious to where i stand.

5'11'' 195-200 lbs depending on certain factors.

44'' chest flexed
34'' waist relaxed.
16'' arms relax or 16.75 fully pumped after workout

Are these pretty good stats as far as body composition is concerned.
My body fat is not GREAT right now but it is dropping since i started doing cardio.

#27 ·
01WhiteCobra said:
A catastrophic off-road duathlon in February. I flat out couldn't run. Bike wasn't too too bad but the run just sucked.

Did the Meunster 100K bike rally (not really a race) and average 20.1MPH over a pretty hilly course so the bike speed seems there.

I got a mile open water swim downin Austin this weekend. I'm hoping to go sub 24 minutes. I didn't lose much on the swim recovering.

Biggest problem is the run and I find it difficult to maintain a 7 min/mile on anything over 5 miles. Which sucks bad since that is about my marathon pace pre injury. But given I couldn't walk 5 months ago I'll take it for now. I just hope there isn't a permanent loss of speed (or if there is it is minimal).

I pretty much gave up on the spring tris and I'll start doing one a month starting with any olympic distance in June and slowly building up to 1/2 ironman in September to a 3/4 ironman distance in November (1.86 mile swim, 80.6 mile bike, 18.6mile run)

If I can get the 3/4 done in less than 7 1/2 hours I'll feel I'm back.
waht surgery did you have homie?

#41 ·
White_lightning said:
ouch!! how did you do that??

Wish I had a really cool story like I was fighting off a lion or scaling Mount Everest... but it happened while getting drunk in a sports bar in Mexico. :D

(beer drinking contest that started with a sprint across the dance floor. MC said "Go!" I went and instantly dropped to the floor. Being drunk and feeling no pain, I got up, ran across the dance floor and won the contest. :D)

#42 ·
01WhiteCobra said:
Wish I had a really cool story like I was fighting off a lion or scaling Mount Everest... but it happened while getting drunk in a sports bar in Mexico. :D

(beer drinking contest that started with a sprint across the dance floor. MC said "Go!" I went and instantly dropped to the floor. Being drunk and feeling no pain, I got up, ran across the dance floor and won the contest. :D)
i now how you feel. in jan being a smart ass.. i decided to help my wife hang curtains with a 102 Fever.. so i forget im on the 2nd highest stop on an 8' ladder and step off.. one nastey fall later my back and knee are STILL recovering.

#44 ·
GRAYHORSE said:
You guys wanna do a 3 month transformation contest to motivate us?

I donate $40 myself to the winner.

We would take pics with a newspaper now and one 3 months from now.

I would have been down in January, but there's not really a whole lot left to transorm. I'm leaning up at the moment, but there's not enough left to go to win any contests.

#45 ·
The Raven said:
I would have been down in January, but there's not really a whole lot left to transorm. I'm leaning up at the moment, but there's not enough left to go to win any contests.

I am also, however how many badasses on this site would you have to get by? Besides me. :D

#48 ·
If you are truly training, you want to get the smallest waist possible and the largest chest possible. Genetics will keep you honest. When I was bodybuilding my waist was 26 1/2 and my chest was 42, but my weight was 144 pounds at a height of 5' 8" and 7% bogy fat.

#51 ·
BrCuda said:
If you are truly training, you want to get the smallest waist possible and the largest chest possible. Genetics will keep you honest. When I was bodybuilding my waist was 26 1/2 and my chest was 42, but my weight was 144 pounds at a height of 5' 8" and 7% bogy fat.

but what are you now? :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.