Handheld busted ... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2003, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Handheld busted ...

I need to see if I still have a warranty on my Palm ... but I doubt it. Accidentally dropped it last night from about 2 feet, and the screen is cracked

Fortunately all the memory is intact, so I was able to synch all my changes with my computer.

Now, if there's no warranty, I'm faced with either a) paying $120 to have it repaired. Or b) getting a Dell Axim X5 Advanced with my Dell Preferred Account, and just pay $10 - $20 a month on it until it's paid off.

I'm leaning towards the Axim for a number of reasons ... the least of which is color screen, compact flash and sd slots, and voice recording... but I'm concerned about battery life. I couldn't use my Palm enough to need a recharge, and I know with all the extras on the Axim, the battery usage is going to be a factor ... but how much of one?

Anyone familiar with this PDA? What kind of battery life can I expect? Can I at least expect to go all day and just recharge at night? I'll have to get into that regimen, as with the Palm, I'd go a week before putting it back on the cradle, and it'd still have plenty of battery life.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2003, 03:32 AM
Lifer

Sean Park I believe has one of those, talk with him about it.

Grant
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2003, 11:02 AM
Rolling with the homies

Jay, I bought a Dell Axim X5 (400 MHz) from Josh (I Stang U) and I've been really happy with it. Roughly it lasted one night for about 4 or 5 hours straight playing MP3's as we drank beer on the deck of my parent's lake house It's got a big removeable battery and another internal battery. The removeable battery is like $50-60 but I don't think it's really necessary. My only complaint about the Axim is the thickness of it compared to the iPaq's. But when you consider the cost it's a no brainer on what to get.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2003, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

I hear that. That's the one I'm looking at getting. It comes with the 1400mAh battery. They've got an optional 3800mAh batter for like $80 that I may get too. It'll only add like $4 - $5 / month to the payments.

But if the 1400 battery lasts that long in constant use ... sounds good to me

DarkWolf
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2003, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Whoo! Thank God for replacment plans Since they don't have that model anymore, nor is that model made anymore, I get in-store credit. Gonna use that to buy my X-Box, and get the Axim X5

Today turned out to be a good day.

DarkWolf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement