DFW Mustang Forums banner

Music Match 7

289 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  DarkWolf 
#1 ·
I actually bought this program and man it's pretty awesome. My boss recommended it to me and I like it over some of the other recommendations that were mentioned here since it was everything I was looking for in one program. Only thing I hate is I'm still stuck on dial up :mad:

#4 ·
DarkWolf said:
And it's free. :D
Where can I download this program, does it come with source code? ;)

#5 ·
After rebates it will come out to be like $5 so I felt it was worth it.

Does Media Player 9 pull up ID3 Tag info from a database? That's one of the things I like about Music Match as I hate going in and having to code the MP3's I've downloaded from Kazaa.

#6 ·
Yeah it does. I disabled that feature on mine though, because I like to make sure it's matching my sorting criteria. When I first installed it, it was pulling all that info, and I thought "Hey that's pretty cool." But then I went to go burn some songs to a CD, and it was pulling the album cover picture, and the database file with it. I didn't really like that, so I dissabled it.

I don't do much downloading music though, so I guess it's not something I'd need much of. I rip with CDex, and it generates the ID3 tags automatically. Some of my early rips though, I neglected to have that enabled, but it's easy enough to to a mass ID3 tag edit with WMP9 so I can sort it how I want it sorted.

Some people are retarded when adding stuff to those online databases :rolleyes: Like my Metallica, some of the songs would have Metal for the genre, and some pop ... ON THE SAME ALBUM! And Dream Theater would either have Other, Rock, Pop, or Progressive. There just seems to be no standard. So I just prefer to do my own thing :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.