configuring phpbb - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2003, 02:20 AM Thread Starter
Bite Me!!!

configuring phpbb

I am trying to get a forum up and running for a client of mine.. and decided to use phpbb since it is free and looks a lot like vbuliten. the problem I am having is after I create my database in MySQL and set the username and pass... phpbb says that "The PHP configuration on your server doesn't support the database type that you chose"

and I have checked the php.ini file and it shows everything is there for php to work with MySQL

any ideas on why I can't connect to the sql server
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2003, 04:19 AM
blwnSnake

Well... first off, i would suggest using Invision Power Board, its free also, and a much better/quality board. There are tons of hacks/mods/skins as well.

Anyways back to your question That.. i can't really answer you on that. Did you install PhP on the server as well as MySQL? Perhaps some of the files/directories you created doesn't have the correct chmod as this is very important?

As far as creating your database using a newly installed message board, it practically does all the work for ya, you just supply the needed information. If there is an error, it let you know, some you can bypass the error or you can figure it out and try the install again. Sounds to me that you went ahead and installed the message board till complete and then now you having problems with the database? Ahh hell.. i'm confusing myself here. Your best bet is go to their support forum, i'm sure you'll get a quick answer.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2003, 08:18 PM
Good times

for an example of an Invision Ppower Board, check out: MOD Racing .

Any questions on how to use that should be directed to MOD95SNAKE .

n/a

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-05-2003, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Bite Me!!!

well I chose this one for certian reasons... but I did not have the right version of php configured... so I do have it up running now with MX portal on top of it... kinda cool... needs tons of reconfig though... but that is just me..

check it out

www.hobbytowndallas.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement