Anybody else use Nero InCD - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies

Anybody else use Nero InCD

Hadn't used it in a year or two and it wasn't that great. I had problems with saving stuff to the CD and not being able read it again after a while. It appeared to be corrupting the contents. When I upgraded my Nero and started using WinXP I figure I'd give InCD another try. But the InCD version I had wouldn't work so I just didn't think about it for a while and left it alone.

If you don't know what InCD is, it's a packet writing software for CD-RW's that allows you to use a CD-RW like a huge floppy (or ZIP or JAZZ Drive). You can drag and drop stuff into a CD-RW and modify and delete it without having to reburn the whole CD. Only downside is that you can only access the contents from a computer with a CD Burner running the InCD software.

Anyway, getting back to the reason why I made this post. Finally decided to give it another try and found a good copy of InCD on Kazaa and now it works like a dream. I'm able to transfer stuff back on forth between my desktops at home and my laptop and modify the contents without to take the time to reburn the whole CD. For people looking to conviently do large file transfers with the ability to modify the contents and have a CD-RW, I highly recommend InCD.

<------ Happy to finally get this friggin software working

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 09:47 PM
98 SVT Cobra

I had the same problems as you Jose, in trying to get it to work in XP. Maybe I should go back and revisit it.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
I had the same problems as you Jose, in trying to get it to work in XP. Maybe I should go back and revisit it.
Did you have similar problems with corrupting data on the CD? Let me know if you want the file.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 07:14 AM
98 SVT Cobra

I ruined a couple of CD's trying to get it to work right. It just seemed that whatever I tried to copy was corrupt. If you downloaded it off Kazaa I can just do that. It might be alittle easier.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 07:17 AM
Texas Rangers #1

Thumbs up

I've never used Nero's InCD but I have used the DirectCD app that comes with Easy CD Creator. The only part that I don't like about DirectCD is that you have to format the CD-RW and this can take a while ( depending on you're CD-RW ) other than that it works great IMO.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
I ruined a couple of CD's trying to get it to work right. It just seemed that whatever I tried to copy was corrupt. If you downloaded it off Kazaa I can just do that. It might be alittle easier.
I've uploaded it to the following URL to make it easier since it took me a while on Kazaa to find a good copy.

https://www.dfwstangs.net/Jose/InCD 3.37.exe

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenny_Stang
I've never used Nero's InCD but I have used the DirectCD app that comes with Easy CD Creator. The only part that I don't like about DirectCD is that you have to format the CD-RW and this can take a while ( depending on you're CD-RW ) other than that it works great IMO.
Ya, InCD has to format the CD-RW as well and that can be a timely process sometimes.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 12:03 PM
\(_o)/

Re: Anybody else use Nero InCD

Quote:
Originally posted by evil jose
For people looking to conviently do large file transfers
They have these new things out called 'network cards'

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 12:34 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by evil jose
I've uploaded it to the following URL to make it easier since it took me a while on Kazaa to find a good copy.

https://www.dfwstangs.net/Jose/InCD 3.37.exe

Ya, InCD has to format the CD-RW as well and that can be a timely process sometimes.
Thanks, I'll download that when I get home.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies

Re: Re: Anybody else use Nero InCD

Quote:
Originally posted by AbecX
They have these new things out called 'network cards'
Sorry but I like to work at home and at work on personal stuff and lugging a CD-RW is a lot easier than lugging a laptop

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement