I'm not very happy with Sony PS2 right now. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
\(_o)/

Thumbs down I'm not very happy with Sony PS2 right now.

I have a Sega Dreamcast w/ the vga adapter, and games look BEYOND bad ass on it. Well I couldnt find an adapter for my PS2 to be able to plug up to a vga monitor ( because they dont make one ). I have found however, these boxes that convert RGB to VGA output, but its not digital to digital. So I sent them this email to see if they will be coming out with something that suits my needs/wants:

Consumer Name: Cruz Cranford
Consumer Email: ***

Message from Consumer:
Dear Sony,
I just bought a Sony Playstation 2 to replace my Sega Dreamcast, but frankly, I'm kind of sad. Perhaps I am not looking hard enough, but does Sony have a VGA adapter for the PS2 so I can plug it up to a VGA monitor such as I can with the Dreamcast? The graphics look much better on the vga obviously vs the tv, I am just have a hard time finding what I want, if its even out.

Thank you for your time.

Cruz Cranford

This is what I get back

Hello Cruz,

Thank you for writing us.

Please refer to your monitor/television instruction manual to see if you can utilize these features:

The PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system does have a licensed Component AV Cable (for
PlayStation(R)2), SCPH-10100, that allows you to utilize the component inputs of a
television/monitor*. Using these same cables will allow you to use a monitor that has the ability
to accept RGB cables. You will need to enter the "system configuration" area of the "main menu" in
the PlayStation 2 console. From there, find the "Component Video" option, and set it to the
appropriate setting.

*The term "monitor" is loosely termed for TV monitor, and not a computer monitor. There are very
few television "monitors" sold in North America that have an RGB input. Most of the high-end
televisions manufactured for North America have a component video input, for which you could use a
Component AV Cable (for PlayStation 2) (SCPH-10100). RGB inputs are much more prevalent in
televisions manufactured for Japan and Europe. The reason the instruction manual mentions an RGB
input is that the instruction manual for the North American PlayStation 2 console was directly
translated from the instruction manual for the Japanese PlayStation 2 console. We do not have any
official information on how you can connect your PlayStation 2 system to your computer monitor. We
apologize for any inconvenience.

If you have further questions regarding this message, please refer to your email case
number:1952069.

Michael J.
Multimedia CSR
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Consumer Services Department

Got canned response? This sucks, I was hoping that they had a vga digital to digtal adapter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 12:43 PM
CFH

LOL, time to get a X-box.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT white hot

RIP - Dimebag Darrell 12/8/04
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 12:54 PM
98 SVT Cobra

I have never been a fan of the Playstation. I have thought of getting a new system but I am stearing towards the Gamecube. I really don't want to give Bill anymore of my money so the X-Box is out of the question. Besides, since I have kids, I think the Gamecude has alot more cool kid games then all the other systems. One thing that pisses me off about the X-Box is that last week, the media was hyping about how Microsoft was going on-line with their games. Crap, Sega did that 2 years ago with the Dreamcast.

<----- also has a Dreamcast and still loves it

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 07:48 PM
Up in Smoke

That's Sony

I have a PS2 and a Sony Viao Pc. I get the same type of responses from them each time. Viao support is worse like they don't even read the email and get told to call for support. If I wanted to call, I wouldn't have sent an email. I could understand that if I was asking a difficult question, but my questions are basic like how to use their keyboard (different design than most). I was told that if I purchased the Sony dvd remote I could watch my Fast and Furious cd when I emailed once. I go out and buy it then it still would freeze. PS2 doesn't play region 1 dvd! I heard Sony stuff was the best, right. I have to admit though there are alot of titles for the PS2 if you don't mind load times and it being backward compatible saved me $ from having to buy all new games. Vice City rules. I rented it then had to have it for my collection.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 08:55 AM
Time Served

Here you go abecx, I found this......

http://www.psreporter.com/ps2_vga_adapter.html

Shane

Last edited by Shane; 01-06-2003 at 07:05 AM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
\(_o)/

http://www.gamegizmo.com/products.ph...atID=4&pID=698

I finally found what I need, this is a TRUE VGA adaptare that plays games in 640x480. I am ordering mine today
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 03:41 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Thumbs up

Not bad for $17.50 either. I was thinking it would be more.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 08:41 PM
Hustlin'

Cruz, please take a pic of that in action (abeit its not going to look that nice); I'd like to get a ps2 on the 19" lcd in my bedroom if the product works well.

"Jesus has my heart, but Whiskey has my liver" --Jason Boland
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 06:07 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

I loved my dreamcast. It was such a badass system, too bad it failed bigtime. I never got my damn shenmue 2 on dreamcast

Ive got a PS2 now, and I play the hell out of that thing. I've spent about $1000 between hardware and games
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2003, 03:04 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
I have never been a fan of the Playstation. I have thought of getting a new system but I am stearing towards the Gamecube. I really don't want to give Bill anymore of my money so the X-Box is out of the question. Besides, since I have kids, I think the Gamecude has alot more cool kid games then all the other systems. One thing that pisses me off about the X-Box is that last week, the media was hyping about how Microsoft was going on-line with their games. Crap, Sega did that 2 years ago with the Dreamcast.

<----- also has a Dreamcast and still loves it
I agree. There's only 2 PS2 exclusives that I want ... not enough to warrant a purchase yet. And X-Box has nothing that I want right now. So I have a GameCube (Actually, traded in my Dreamcast for it).

You gotta check out Metroid Prime ... badass, truely badass game. That and the new Resident Evil games.

GameCube will have more kid friendly games, true, but they have finally (after 50 years) changed management, and the new guy is interested in bringing Nintendo back on top rather than appealing mainly to the 3 - 12 age group, and he knows that they're going to have to shed the "kiddie gloves" to do so

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 11:18 AM
Time Served

Grand Theft Auto - Vice City and SOCOM ROCK!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement