Man i love windows - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Man i love windows

i have a linux machine. its an older machine. dual PII 450.. Due to my own inexperience.. well. it doesnt work 100%.. some of the drivers have to be manualy loaded and i dont know how to fix it.. Yet it runs my webserver.. my forums.. and never misses a beat..
on the other hand.. my win2k box i made sure to put the best of the best into it.. installed no crap..and well its a big POS.. i deal with 100% MS operating systems at work and have to say, they are the BIGGEST POS's out there.. God forbid you have 2 "intensive" apps on the machine running at the same time.. BSOD!.

what about win2k SP3 and XP's new SP where when you agree to the ULA you basicaly give MS full reign to check what you have installed on your machine...
Fuck MS.
as soon as i have some time. im going to flatten my win2k desktop and drop Linux on it.
Hail the penguin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 11:29 PM
Behind Blue Eyes..

Angry Gorilla on the loose!

CFFL
Looking forward to the road that lies ahead...We enjoy reflecting upon past roads traveled, reliving our adventures through photographs taken and stories penned...Though, it's that next road that drives us onward...that next journey...And who knows where it'll lead?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-26-2002, 11:45 PM
GE
Lifer

AbecX in 3... 2...

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 05:38 AM
\(_o)/

Thumbs up

Damn, this whole board will be running linux before the end of the year!!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 05:49 AM
STILL EVIL!!

Wink

and then they will all get tired of writing their own OS and run back to MS with open arms Just accept you use the red headed step child of OS's
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 05:52 AM
\(_o)/

Thumbs up

You know you want to!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 05:59 AM
STILL EVIL!!

Quote:
Originally posted by AbecX
You know you want to!
Actually I would have no problem running both I just don't have the time to right now. I have had a friend that ran it and he had the coolest thing that acted like water on his desktop. To where whatever background you had was reflected on the waves of the water. Very cool
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 06:03 AM
\(_o)/

Thumbs up I think I should be a salesman...

Quote:
Originally posted by OvrKill
Actually I would have no problem running both I just don't have the time to right now. I have had a friend that ran it and he had the coolest thing that acted like water on his desktop. To where whatever background you had was reflected on the waves of the water. Very cool
Thats the ripple effect in enlightenment. My dad wants me to setup his computer to run all this linux stuff now because he has to format again, he usually formats about 3 times a year do to virii and/or system issues, even though he runs all those virus applications and is protected by dual firewalls! ( one xternal, and his own internal ). I think I can do it for him, he just wants to burn cd's, use the newsgroups, and browse the web.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 06:15 AM
STILL EVIL!!

sounds good, I saw that effect and my mouth dropped lol
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 07:26 AM
ls...who?

Quote:
Originally posted by AbecX
You know you want to!
sweet desktop!

are you to lame to read BitchX.doc?
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by OvrKill
and then they will all get tired of writing their own OS and run back to MS with open arms Just accept you use the red headed step child of OS's
i would rather Write my OWN os then have to deal with the drivel and Crap that microshit has spewed out... after running and supporting MS operating systerms for 14 years.. i have had enough of the suffering and abuse.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 07:56 AM
\(_o)/

Quote:
Originally posted by iamjeff
are you to lame to read BitchX.doc?
I'm to lame to find it! lmao
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 09:02 AM
Hustlin'

nice top abecx
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-28-2002, 08:28 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

If you are getting blue screens on your Windows 2000 machine then you are either having hardware or driver issues. The OS will not bluescreen just because you are running a couple of applications.

By the way, applications run in usermode memory which is separate from kernel mode memory. So if you are running applications and those applications are having problems, the applications would go down with a Dr. Watson and create a userdump file not bluescreen a machine. The only possible way an application could bluescreen a machine, would be it accessing a bad high layer memory allocation (bad ram) or accessing a kernel mode driver.

Simply enough, don't blame the OS for something else that could be causing your problem. Don't get me wrong, there can be issues with the OS that could cause a bluescreen, but with some analysis, those can be fixed.

Thanks,
BP

1998 White Mustang GT
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2002, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by bpenning
If you are getting blue screens on your Windows 2000 machine then you are either having hardware or driver issues. The OS will not bluescreen just because you are running a couple of applications.

By the way, applications run in usermode memory which is separate from kernel mode memory. So if you are running applications and those applications are having problems, the applications would go down with a Dr. Watson and create a userdump file not bluescreen a machine. The only possible way an application could bluescreen a machine, would be it accessing a bad high layer memory allocation (bad ram) or accessing a kernel mode driver.

Simply enough, don't blame the OS for something else that could be causing your problem. Don't get me wrong, there can be issues with the OS that could cause a bluescreen, but with some analysis, those can be fixed.

Thanks,
BP
LOL
o.k.
I recieved a machine at work from dell.. with win2k preloaded. i contacted MS and they said all the drivers where hte Correct version for win2k.
GUESS WHAT!!!! its as stable as a 2 legged elephant..
as for bad ram.. i pulled ram one of my OTHER win2k box that is dead stable. and put it in the unstable machine. and STILL Get Memory errors too.
MS os's are crap. Its NOT me causing the issue.. i had PLain jane Fresh installs of Win2k BSOD on "big name brand" machines such as dells and gateways that came REINSTALLED with the os.. SO dont blame the shitty OS problems on me. I have dealt with MS development DIRECTLY and i know how crappy the product is from the inside out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement