How do I do this? (challenge for the knowledgeable) - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

How do I do this? (challenge for the knowledgeable)

Beware, this one is going to be a little challenging. I want to have a 64GB USB flash drive, that can do all of this:

The flash drive must:

Let me be able to install windows XP using Nlite.

2. Let me be able to install windows Vista using Vlite.

3. Let me install windows 7 using… whatever you have to use.

4. Let me be able to add/edit updates from Microsoft in each version of windows so that they will be installed automatically when I am using Nlite or Vlite.

5. Be able to also boot into Hiren’s boot CD. But its not a CD its now on the flash drive.

6. Also be able to be a simple storage drive that can be used for storage in windows, just like any normal flash drive.

7. I want to somehow have G-parted be bootable from this drive.

I want to have vista, XP, and W7 all on the drive and be set up to slipstream their installation. I also want Hiren's boot cd on the drive, ready for boot. I also want to be able to add, or edit, the updates that will be automatically installed with windows. This is so that I can add updates to it when they become available, without having to actually go and download them once Windows has been installed on the computer from the little flash drive. And I want to be able to boot into Gparted from the drive as well.

And last but not least, I want the drive to also be able to act as a simple storage drive. I want to be able to put stuff on it and use it just like any regular USB flash drive, once I am in windows. I know that there is some way to do all this. But I am not sure exactly how. I have heard that first you have to install some kind of windows 98 command line OS or something, to the flash drive. Which will then make the drive bootable. However, as I am not familiar with the commands, I do not know how to install all of the other items and then be able to use the correct commands to make them run.

Last edited by 92Gt5liter; 11-17-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement