Used 32" LG 720 x 60hz - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Used 32" LG 720 x 60hz

Buying a tv off some guy on craigslist tomorrow after work.

Never bought anything like this off somebody and I've been checking out prices

He bought the TV in April of this year.

32" LG Model: LD350
720p
60hz

He is asking for $250

I've searched online and found the price to be anywhere from $319.99 - $349.99 Brand new in the box.

Good buy or no?

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Fabrique National Fan

Get a new one with a warranty. No telling how bad the one on CL has been treated.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon-K View Post
Get a new one with a warranty. No telling how bad the one on CL has been treated.
X2 spend the extra money its worth the warranty!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Yeah kind of what I figured...... Think I'll just be heading up to wal-mart after work and pick something up.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Lifer

Worthmonkey.com says its a good price:

http://www.worthmonkey.com/#/LD350
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 09:35 AM
is chilaxing

From 1st hand experience..don't get it. I got a 32'' LCD w/built in DVD player and it went out 3 months after I got it. I'm still pissed. I tried to take to a place to fix it but they couldn't. I'm pretty much out $400.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 09:38 AM
May the Force be w/you

I recently bought a 32" Sharp Aquos off of Dell.com for $320. I got it in a week. It is a really good tv. Unfortunately I don't have DirecTv HD in my bedroom and only run RCA cables to it. I must say that it looks really for an SD feed into an HD tv. My mom has a 32" Samsung and it looks like shit in SD.

Just food for though for you.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Time Served

Wait till noon or so and go to Gizmodo.com and search dealzmodo. They find some great prices on home entertainment. I am not a fan of the brand but the deal they had on a 32inch yesterday wasn't too bad(it may still be valid).

http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/230763
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

So it looks like a new 32" 720p 60hz wouldn't be a good deal? Just ordered direcTV and they are coming to the house saturday around noon.

Plan on going to wal-mart and buy a vizio or something cheaper then return it on my next paycheck and upgrade to something better like 40"+ LG or Sony Bravia.

I just need a quick HDTV for this weekend for when the cable guy arrives, lol.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
From 1st hand experience..don't get it. I got a 32'' LCD w/built in DVD player and it went out 3 months after I got it. I'm still pissed. I tried to take to a place to fix it but they couldn't. I'm pretty much out $400.
Used?

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Thats against the law Man

I was over at Walmart in Roanoke last weekend and they were running a special on a 32" Vizio....$298.

If you are serious about a better quality TV for the longer run I'd recommend looking at a Samsung....I just went through this a couple months ago, did a lot of research and actually saw quite a few bad reviews on LG's (actual consumer reviews who had experienced issues). I narrowed down to the Sony Bravia and the Samsung...after literally driving myself half nuts reading everything I could find and staring at both of them on display I decided on the Samsung....went with the 6300 Series 55" LED. There were 3 reasons I decided on it....(1) it looked better from an angle, where the Sony didn't appear quite as sharp and had a slight bit of glare from an angle. (2) It was actually slightly cheaper than the Sony, and (3) may not have been a big deal, but when I looked at them over at Best Buy they had a lot of returned Sony's (open box mark downs)....may mean nothing since Best Buy has a no questions asked 30-day return policy, but I did take notice and even asked the guy about it, and he said that for some reason they do get quite a few Sony's returned....not broken, just brought back for money back. He had a theory that it might be b/c people get home with it and do more research and realize they can get something comparible in another brand name for cheaper. Who knows.

Anyways, after 2-months I can say that this is the best looking TV I've ever owned...the picture is simply outstanding...HD sports are the best, was great having it for the World Series! Also stuff like Discovery HD is amazing. It's crazy b/c the picture is almost too good with some of the regular shows that we watch, like two and half men....hard to explain, but it makes it look like a soap opera...like the picture is so good that you can really tell it's a set, or fake.

69/70ish Mustang
Dedicated To The Hater Purists

70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.- Thomas A Edison
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rreemo View Post
I was over at Walmart in Roanoke last weekend and they were running a special on a 32" Vizio....$298.

If you are serious about a better quality TV for the longer run I'd recommend looking at a Samsung....I just went through this a couple months ago, did a lot of research and actually saw quite a few bad reviews on LG's (actual consumer reviews who had experienced issues). I narrowed down to the Sony Bravia and the Samsung...after literally driving myself half nuts reading everything I could find and staring at both of them on display I decided on the Samsung....went with the 6300 Series 55" LED. There were 3 reasons I decided on it....(1) it looked better from an angle, where the Sony didn't appear quite as sharp and had a slight bit of glare from an angle. (2) It was actually slightly cheaper than the Sony, and (3) may not have been a big deal, but when I looked at them over at Best Buy they had a lot of returned Sony's (open box mark downs)....may mean nothing since Best Buy has a no questions asked 30-day return policy, but I did take notice and even asked the guy about it, and he said that for some reason they do get quite a few Sony's returned....not broken, just brought back for money back. He had a theory that it might be b/c people get home with it and do more research and realize they can get something comparible in another brand name for cheaper. Who knows.

Anyways, after 2-months I can say that this is the best looking TV I've ever owned...the picture is simply outstanding...HD sports are the best, was great having it for the World Series! Also stuff like Discovery HD is amazing. It's crazy b/c the picture is almost too good with some of the regular shows that we watch, like two and half men....hard to explain, but it makes it look like a soap opera...like the picture is so good that you can really tell it's a set, or fake.
Same here at the wal-mart in North Dallas/Addison.... It was $378 couple weeks ago then I went last week and the price got rolled back to $298 so I'll go pick up that TV today.

I plan on taking the TV back in 3-4 weeks and replacing it with something bigger and better this is just tempory so I can take advantage of the DirecTV i just ordered this weekend, ha.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 11:08 AM
is chilaxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Used?

yea...this was awhile back. It's still in one of the guest rooms. I just have it there so dresser doesn't look empty...haha
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Lifer

I got the LD350 off hsn.com with a 3 year warranty and 4 flex payments a few months ago. Picture is awesome and the power light is a nice touch. Good for bedroom or a pc monitor. HD looked good on it as well. I paid 400 for it. I believe they have a one year manufacturer warranty labor and parts.

Don made me remove my sig
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Well i just went to Wal-Mart and Entertainmart..... They have 4 used Vizios with full 1080p on the 32" TV's but I'm unsure about buying used, now.

When I went to Wal-Mart they jacked the price up on that 32" Vizio 720p back to $380 just yesterday it was $298. Ha.

Saw a 32" Emerson I believe was the brand for $278 so I think I might just go pick that up. Anyone know anything about them?

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Mexican Crew

wait for Black Friday

Quote:
Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_376 View Post
wait for Black Friday
I can't wait anymore! Ha, I plan on taking the TV back by then and using that extra money for a even better TV.

Anyone know what walmart and best buy's return policy is on HDTV's?

Super Bowl 2011 preview

Last edited by IDAjeff; 11-12-2010 at 12:59 PM.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Thats against the law Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Anyone know what walmart and best buy's return policy is on HDTV's?
I kow for a fact that Best Buy has a no questions asked return policy....they went over it with me on my recent TV purchase. I just can't remember if it's 30 or 60 days.

69/70ish Mustang
Dedicated To The Hater Purists

70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.- Thomas A Edison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement