AT&T Windows 7 Phones - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Sports weenie @ full attn

AT&T Windows 7 Phones

I'm with ATT and eligible for an upgrade as of today, and I think it's time to end my 10-year flip phone streak. My wife has an iPhone 3G and I like it, so I was thinking about the iPhone4, but I'm not sold on it. I've been reading good things about the Samsung Captivate, but it doesn't seem any better or worse than the iPhone. But now I've been reading about the 3 Windows 7 phones that ATT will be carrying. Good reviews, but of course they haven't even hit the market yet. Anyone have an opinion on these? I really like the Dell Venue Pro, but it doesn't look like it'll be coming to ATT.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Big Rooster Racing

Ive NEVER been a fan of a windows mobile phone......if its not andriod or apple based i dont really care for it....just my .02

me and the wife both have 3gs iphones and my mom just bought the iphone4. she loves it and we love ours so......Apple FTW

BIG ROOSTER RACING , we aint cluckin around !
RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN ...... AND WIRING GURU
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 08:37 PM
DERP DERP DERP

I'd rather go with something android based. I've seen a few videos of the phones in action, it's just ehhh, plus bad experiences with previous windows mobile phones.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Clown

I want the Dell Venue Pro as well. From what I have found, it is suppose to be available to AT&T customers and be on the shelves tomorrow. I called a friend who is a manager at an authorized AT&T store and he had never heard of the phone. Spoke via chat with AT&T and they hadn't heard about it either. I will be calling Dell tomorrow.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Banned

New windows phones have gotten great reviews but the app store isn't shit yet. I'd go with the samsung captivate.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Time Served

Wait to at least check out the new phones. They're pretty awesome.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Thats against the law Man

They launched officially in Europe a little over a week ago. You can get some real time feedback on Twitter at #WM7. A lot of good reviews overall on the WM7 so far....the goal was to have 1000 apps available in the appstore by US release, and they actually had 1500 by end of last week....so they are ahead of schedule. Starting from the US release this week, they have said that there will be ~100 new apps added per day. A lot of what they are starting out with is cloning of the more popular iPhone/Android apps.

Here's a page with a better run down on the devices - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphon.../7/phones.aspx

69/70ish Mustang
Dedicated To The Hater Purists

70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.- Thomas A Edison
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Formerly 5.0Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
New windows phones have gotten great reviews but the app store isn't shit yet. I'd go with the samsung captivate.
its a brand new platform, so that should not be a surprise to anyone. From what I've read porting an application over from android or Ios is pretty simple. I have some issues with WP7 but I can wait til at least early next year to see if they've been addressed. A few of them are pretty basic and then again one of them is the same issue you have with the iphone.

Also WP7 was developed to be a lot more streamlined and efficient, alot like Ios, although supposedly it requires 20% less input to do the same thing. I really like how they throw around a solid round number on that btw.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement