New Xbox dashboard - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
Banned

New Xbox dashboard

So there's a new dashboard for the 360. I guess they decided to change it up with the release of Kinect tomorrow or some shit. I'm not really sure. For the most part it's the same but the rows don't have "depth" to them now, and they're flat. The netflix is now a lot more like it is on PS3 which I'm not a big fan of, but at least they added a search feature. What are ya'lls opinion on it? I personally liked it the old way, but because with the "depth" you could see most of what is going on without having to scroll through everything.

Oh yeah, ESPN has been added too. I'll check that out and see how it is later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Time Served

I'll see when I get home. What's diff on netflix? I've never seen it on ps3... I hope it's not all fucked up, I'm on there alot.

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1- DailyDriver

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000- High RPM Nitrous build in progress...

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Rumors from friends have told me its pretty nice. I havent seen it yet though.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Lifer

I don't like it, it's plain as heck. I also don't like the lack of depth either.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Other than upgraded sound effects while navigating through the menu, the old one is still better.

The netflix is essentially the same, the menu is just more plain and you can only view like 4 titles on the screen at once, instead of with the staircase looking rows you could see like 8 ahead of the one you're on so scrolling through different titles was a lot easier IMO.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Lifer

I thought it was plain too, almost feels like a step back to me.

Powdered doughnuts make me go nuts!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

I'll check it out tonight, any of y'all play reach?

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010mustang View Post
I'll check it out tonight, any of y'all play reach?
I played the campaign. My internet is too damned horrible for online play.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

that sucks

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 03:14 PM
fuckcanada

where the hell is that gif from?

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Thats against the law Man

It's the new OS that supports the Kinnect. You should be noticing that the OS is much quicker now, boots faster and loads games a lot faster. In addition to ESPN, the Zune Market Place has been improved, and the Netflix app now has added search features....it's going to look different, but trust me it is an improvement. One of the big things is also that the Audio codecs are greatly improved as well. With a Kinnect hub you'll now have ability to control the box with voice recognition or of course by using your hands (controllerlessly)....not just for games, for navigating the menus, loading content, videos, music, etc.

69/70ish Mustang
Dedicated To The Hater Purists

70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.- Thomas A Edison
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rreemo View Post
It's the new OS that supports the Kinnect. You should be noticing that the OS is much quicker now, boots faster and loads games a lot faster. In addition to ESPN, the Zune Market Place has been improved, and the Netflix app now has added search features....it's going to look different, but trust me it is an improvement. One of the big things is also that the Audio codecs are greatly improved as well. With a Kinnect hub you'll now have ability to control the box with voice recognition or of course by using your hands (controllerlessly)....not just for games, for navigating the menus, loading content, videos, music, etc.
I don't have Kinect. My main complaint is the flat line menus. I liked the stairstepping style. I do like the search feature on Netflix. I've been saying that the X-box needed that since Netflix was available on it. I have two consoles, and am thinking of selling one in order to buy Kinect, however Kinect has no games that I'm interested in right now. I guess I can deal with the menu without too much frustration, but just can't comprehend why they changed the visual aspect of the dashboard which was SOOO much better than it is now.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 09:46 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

I like the new netflix. ESPN app is cool. However, is it just me, or can you not change the theme anymore? I don't like the white menus, blinds my ass at night.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Lifer

1995 want their graphics back
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Thats against the law Man

I'd imagine we'll see a customization option come back with a near future update. I went out and checked this week and found that there were several issues logged around that within the beta. I think maybe they just didn't have enough time to make those changes and meet the deadline.

For Kinect - agreed on the games...not enough titles ready at launch. This is everything that is available right now - http://kinectgames.com/kinect-games-list/

However, there are a lot more currently in development. If you're into first-person shoot-em-up type games there going to be some pretty cool Hybrid editions coming out in the next couple months. I saw one that was really cool...a game kind of like Halo where you still use your remote for the typical actions, but it also combines with the Kinect for some functions too....like looking around corners and stuff like that.

69/70ish Mustang
Dedicated To The Hater Purists

70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.- Thomas A Edison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement