Broke my iphone...what phone should I get now? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
'tis the season

Broke my iphone...what phone should I get now?

Just cracked the glass on my iphone 4, and I'm done with iphones. Yea, they are nice phones, but I have managed to break every single one I've ever had. And yes, I was using an otterbox on this one when I broke it. I have shitty luck.

I am staying with AT&T, so what are the best phones out there right now?

I looked at getting an HTC HD2 and getting it unlocked to use with ATT, but is there something similar to it already for ATT?

2002 Corvette --Sold
2009 Mazda CX7 GT--Turbo baby hauler
1976 #s matching Formula--Weekend fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Time Served

Stay with iPhone. I Am a recent conversion to apple products and you will never find something that will work as good.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 09:50 AM
Adrenaline is my ABS.

you speak the truth.

1985 Mustang GT "MNM"

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Time Served

Pm me what you want for the phone is it the screen or the back that's cracked?
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
'tis the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremycg777 View Post
Pm me what you want for the phone is it the screen or the back that's cracked?
it's going on ebay soon. There is only one crack on the front of the screen, but the phone functions perfectly. They are selling for $400+ on ebay in the same condition.

2002 Corvette --Sold
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Full tilt boogie !!

dude, just get an otter box. is has protected my phone just fine and I am super hard on my shit.

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
'tis the season

dude, reread the post it was IN an otterbox when I cracked it.

2002 Corvette --Sold
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 10:02 AM
Rolling with the homies

How did it crack? Dropped? Sat on? Never had the problems you are having and I'm on my second iPhone.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Time Served

If you still managed to crack the screen in a otterbox case what's gonna be the diff if you get a diff phone it can still break. I guess you just want something different.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 10:07 AM
DERP DERP DERP

Go Android.

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
'tis the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose View Post
How did it crack? Dropped? Sat on? Never had the problems you are having and I'm on my second iPhone.
I dropped it, and it landed on the edge of the curb. I've never damaged any other phone, just iphones..over and over and over. lol.

2002 Corvette --Sold
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Big Rooster Racing

you can get that repaired for under 100 and sell it for more dude......just sayin. ive got a guy that charges 50 for 3g screen replacement

BIG ROOSTER RACING , we aint cluckin around !
RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN ...... AND WIRING GURU
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Lifer

Of course we will all say go Android but the OS wont help you when you are this rough with phones. If you want to stay with ATT then look at the Samsung Captivate but it will break just as easy as an older iphone so dont expact it to handle the abuse you put phones through.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Time Served

This looks like it might put up with your abuse.

-Darrell

93 Cobra #199

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Lifer

Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S) is the only one that's even comparable. I'm on the fence between the two. My wife's IP4 is pretty cool, but I think I'm ready to try something else, so am strongly considering the captivate.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Got Lateral G's??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic5.0 View Post
it's going on ebay soon. There is only one crack on the front of the screen, but the phone functions perfectly. They are selling for $400+ on ebay in the same condition.
dude, there are people who repair them for like $20... or go to an apple store. I broke my 3g and they replaced the phone for $199.

oh....and learn to take care of your shit!

Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

I'm a mod motor GOD! LOL!
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Formerly 5.0Vert

You need a samsung galaxy S, the name of the phone on at&t's network is the captivate. It has gorilla glass, I beat on one everyday with a stapler or whatever else is close by, sometimes my fist. The only one I've even heard of broken was run over by a bus, it should work fine for you.

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 11:39 PM
Time Served

buy the MT4G from T-Mo

fast and cheap is not reliable...
reliable and fast is not cheap...
cheap and reliable is not fast...
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 07:05 AM
phuk therd gier

stay with the iphone, if you change youll regret it. i had an iphone for 2+ years and i thought it was time for a change and went with sprint and the evo and regretted it ever since. not saying that the evo is a bad phone, the iphone is just better and easier.

04 converted V8
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010, 12:14 PM
dead

ew @ otterbox.

get a regular ass flip phone.
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010, 01:21 PM
How you doin'

Doesn't the otterbox have some sort of damage guarantee? My brother in law has one, and it seems like he told me that they have some sort of guarantee against damage, but I can't remember what the deal was...
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010, 03:25 PM
DERP DERP DERP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY04Mustang View Post
stay with the iphone, if you change youll regret it. i had an iphone for 2+ years and i thought it was time for a change and went with sprint and the evo and regretted it ever since. not saying that the evo is a bad phone, the iphone is just better and easier.
LOL, what's easier about the iphone than an android phone? Did the whole more than 1 button thing throw you off?

post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 06:43 AM
phuk therd gier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GT50 View Post
LOL, what's easier about the iphone than an android phone? Did the whole more than 1 button thing throw you off?
Seriously? The Evo is NOT smooth at all(and it's not just my phone, i work with 2 other people that have the evo and my wife has it, all with similar or identical problems), transitions between screens and apps is laggy and annoying. Text messaging is awful, if you're on the list of your latest text messages and click a person it just goes to a random person, so you never know who it wants you to text, plus the space bar is in a bad spot on the keyboard. Battery life is awful, you have to download a bunch of app killers, etc... just to get it to last half a day and run halfway smooth. App store sucks, there isnt anywhere near as many apps for android as for apple. Sound quality on the external speaker is terrible, and yes ive turned my quality to high. The service is awful(i know its sprint and not the phone). I could go on about things that this phone does ALMOST as good as the iphone, but thats a good start.

I'm not saying it's a terrible phone/OS, the iphone is just better overall. the extra inch screen size and HDMI output does not take care of all the other "issues" the phone has. Apples product just runs smoother, period.

04 converted V8
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Time Served

I had a patient tell me that she called apple after she broke her Iphone 4, the rep told her she was out of luck until she mentioned that the phone would dial by itself sometimes. the rep then said that since it was a hardware or software issue that he would send her a new one since that was covered under warranty. It's worth a try.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Formerly 5.0Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY04Mustang View Post
Seriously? The Evo is NOT smooth at all(and it's not just my phone, i work with 2 other people that have the evo and my wife has it, all with similar or identical problems), transitions between screens and apps is laggy and annoying. Text messaging is awful, if you're on the list of your latest text messages and click a person it just goes to a random person, so you never know who it wants you to text, plus the space bar is in a bad spot on the keyboard. Battery life is awful, you have to download a bunch of app killers, etc... just to get it to last half a day and run halfway smooth. App store sucks, there isnt anywhere near as many apps for android as for apple. Sound quality on the external speaker is terrible, and yes ive turned my quality to high. The service is awful(i know its sprint and not the phone). I could go on about things that this phone does ALMOST as good as the iphone, but thats a good start.

I'm not saying it's a terrible phone/OS, the iphone is just better overall. the extra inch screen size and HDMI output does not take care of all the other "issues" the phone has. Apples product just runs smoother, period.
sounds like you have all your settings wrong, my evo doesn't lag between screens or apps or any of that. Btw if you are seriously using either an app killer or 'a bunch of app killers', you're totally screwing yourself. You need to do a little bit of research. Only reason why the iphone is as successful as it is, is because its so simple an autistic 2 yr old with down's syndrome could use it.

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Banned

A buddy of mine swears up and down by his Evo and that's it's a lot better than the Iphone, however he's also one of those guys that hates the iphone just to hate it and has never owned one. My only real knowledge of smartphones comes from Attack of the Show! on G4, and every Galaxy S phone they've reviewed has gotten 5 out of 5 ratings.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 05:51 AM
phuk therd gier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangstang View Post
sounds like you have all your settings wrong, my evo doesn't lag between screens or apps or any of that. Btw if you are seriously using either an app killer or 'a bunch of app killers', you're totally screwing yourself. You need to do a little bit of research. Only reason why the iphone is as successful as it is, is because its so simple an autistic 2 yr old with down's syndrome could use it.
that is probably true, i havent messed with a lot of the settings except the sound quality settings. only "app killer" i have is called taskpanel. I dont think i should have to change all kinds of settings and download anything at all to make the phone work like it should though. im not saying its REALLY laggy or anything just the slightest lag between screens or apps. the phone itself is fine i dont think ill have any major problems with it, but like you said, an autistic 2 year old could use the iphone

04 converted V8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement