New Fios HD DVR - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

New Fios HD DVR

You can now hook them up to your pc and copy stuff over on the new 120 gig ones. SWEET. That's all.

Don made me remove my sig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Time Served

How did u hear about this?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Fabrique National Fan

Those queef knockers better give me one.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I was paying my bill online and used the chat feature. Asked the agent if they had new ones yet. Cuz I heard earlier this year, they would have new ones around October. The old ones cost 12.99 for the HD DVR (80 gigs) and the new ones cost 15.99 (120 gigs).

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 06:30 AM
duh...duh....duh

FIOS DVRs pissed me off greatly. Generally not recording scheduled items and not being smart enough to know something was going to be a 2 hour episode, instead of usual 1 hour.

I'm a TiVO fan these days, but would like for the provider to have a great DVR on its own.

My '03 Sold.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Also, you heard it first from me. The 500 gigs are suppose to come out in 2 weeks. I went to a bachelor party tonight and one of the guys attending worked for Verizon. So, hold off on the ones mentioned above.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06GTFanatic View Post
Also, you heard it first from me. The 500 gigs are suppose to come out in 2 weeks. I went to a bachelor party tonight and one of the guys attending worked for Verizon. So, hold off on the ones mentioned above.

wow 500gb ones!?! So when should I call to request one? They are sending me out one today. I may have to call and cancel it.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
FIOS DVRs pissed me off greatly. Generally not recording scheduled items and not being smart enough to know something was going to be a 2 hour episode, instead of usual 1 hour.

I'm a TiVO fan these days, but would like for the provider to have a great DVR on its own.

That's odd. I've had FiOS for 5-6 years, and only once in that time frame was there an episode of something that didn't record. Additionally, I never had to make any changes for say a 2 hour season finale of something. Mine have always picked up on it, and recorded the second hour. Even when they were blocked out as 2- one hour episodes on the on screen guide.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Fabrique National Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
That's odd. I've had FiOS for 5-6 years, and only once in that time frame was there an episode of something that didn't record. Additionally, I never had to make any changes for say a 2 hour season finale of something. Mine have always picked up on it, and recorded the second hour. Even when they were blocked out as 2- one hour episodes on the on screen guide.
We constantly have problems with shows not recording. For whatever reason sometimes they do not designate new shows with the "NEW" tag...so it just doesn't record it thinking it's a re-run. There is also an issue with both of our STB's just freezing up and not recording all day...its pretty annoying. I'm about to have some words with their retention department. $135.00 a month for HD programming and no movie channels is pretty damn steep for cable IMO.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 06:46 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I suppose you're lucky or something. I even scoured dslreports.com before finally getting pissed and moving on to tivo. Even if it functioned well the tivo is a superior product, but my thinking at the time was "I only want it to be a VCR and record live TV."

FIOS in general is the best service, I just felt like they could've done more for their DVR.

My '03 Sold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement