ipod nano help. - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CFBizzle
Posts: 785
ipod nano help.

ok i have my nano working but for some reason when i plugged it into my computer its says ipod is corrupt and i need to format. but i don't want to lose all the songs i have on it. so i tried searching alot and cant find a data recovery program that works without paying the whatever amount for it to maybe work. does anyone know a good recovery program for ipods?
thanks
Stephen


Discount tire Reppin TXD 17
my fear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 07:43 AM
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
OK so your plugging your Nano into a computer and syncing it with iTunes? Do you not already have the music in iTunes?




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CFBizzle
Posts: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose View Post
OK so your plugging your Nano into a computer and syncing it with iTunes? Do you not already have the music in iTunes?
no when i plug it into the computer itunes comes up and says the ipod is corrupt and i need to restore. but the ipod work fine music etc...


Discount tire Reppin TXD 17
my fear is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by my fear View Post
no when i plug it into the computer itunes comes up and says the ipod is corrupt and i need to restore. but the ipod work fine music etc...
OK let me rephrase this a different way. If you open iTunes without the Nano plugged in does it show your music?




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CFBizzle
Posts: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose View Post
OK let me rephrase this a different way. If you open iTunes without the Nano plugged in does it show your music?
yes it does.


Discount tire Reppin TXD 17
my fear is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 12:03 PM
DERP DERP DERP
 
90GT50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Close one eye, step to the side.
Posts: 36,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by my fear View Post
yes it does.
Then how are you going to lose your music? Just reformat the ipod, if you're worried about itunes deleting your music somehow, then move it out of the itunes folder for now, then reimport it after the format. I have had itunes delete my entire itunes folder more than once, that's why I have it all backed up on an external HD.

90GT50 is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CFBizzle
Posts: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GT50 View Post
Then how are you going to lose your music? Just reformat the ipod, if you're worried about itunes deleting your music somehow, then move it out of the itunes folder for now, then reimport it after the format. I have had itunes delete my entire itunes folder more than once, that's why I have it all backed up on an external HD.
there some music on the ipod that i don't have in the library that i don't want to lose. that's what i meant to say. bad wording on my part.


Discount tire Reppin TXD 17
my fear is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 12:08 PM
DERP DERP DERP
 
90GT50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Close one eye, step to the side.
Posts: 36,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by my fear View Post
there some music on the ipod that i don't have in the library that i don't want to lose. that's what i meant to say. bad wording on my part.
Ahhh, ok. I know there are some programs out there that can extract it, but I cannot remember the names.

90GT50 is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by my fear View Post
there some music on the ipod that i don't have in the library that i don't want to lose. that's what i meant to say. bad wording on my part.
Can't think of any freeware off hand but I know there are programs out there that can pull the music off of the iPod onto another computer. Now how did you get that music on there if it wasn't from the iTunes that you are trying to sync it to?




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CFBizzle
Posts: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose View Post
Can't think of any freeware off hand but I know there are programs out there that can pull the music off of the iPod onto another computer. Now how did you get that music on there if it wasn't from the iTunes that you are trying to sync it to?
and yeah ive tried a whole bunch of programs and some work to see the files and others dont. the ones ive tried and see files want like 40 to 80 bucks and i dont think its worth a 1 time use for songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose View Post
Can't think of any freeware off hand but I know there are programs out there that can pull the music off of the iPod onto another computer. Now how did you get that music on there if it wasn't from the iTunes that you are trying to sync it to?
im pretty sure the itunes im trying to sync to is new which is the problem. as in reformatted computer with new itunes and such.


Discount tire Reppin TXD 17

Last edited by my fear; 09-17-2010 at 12:30 PM.
my fear is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
How many songs are we talking about here that will be lost?




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CFBizzle
Posts: 785
around 350 in total.


Discount tire Reppin TXD 17
my fear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome