HTC EVO on Sprint.com now. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Doughnut Lover!

HTC EVO on Sprint.com now.

Sprint has them in stock again on the website. I just ordered mine. Thay have been out of stock for a while now. Just a heads up if you're looking for one.
I checked the local corporate store and they were still out of stock and not expecting any soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Boost is Good

much better choice than the Iphone 4

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 11:17 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
much better choice than the Iphone 4
Not if you're in a contract with AT&T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 11:20 PM
A+
would read again

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Not if you're in a contract with AT&T!
hell yeah. what good does the evo do me if i cant even get one. A Lamborghini is faster than my impala. so what. i cant get a lambo.

***TrueStreet cars run A/C***
"I JUST WANT TO BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM," -kanye west

Parting out a GT? lmk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Does it make me gay if I stick my finger in another mans ass on a daily basis?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:48 AM
Lifer

Sweet jeebus! I just got on there to see how much it would cost to move from ATT to them. For two Evo's, family plan, 4G service and insurance on both phones is $900 one time charge and $164/month. Granted, $200 of that one time charge is mail in rebates but fuck that!

For refrence I went to Verizons site and two Droid X's is $400 one time and $195/month for roughly the same thing without the 4g of course.

Almost $1k is hard to swallow to start service. I dont even want to think how much this will all cost me when my kids get old enough for phones.

**EDIT** Decided to check sprints site out again because that $900 didnt sound right. Come to find out I double clicked a phone so it isnt $900, its $600 and $200 of that is mail in rebate.

Last edited by Lason; 08-31-2010 at 10:52 AM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:01 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post
Sweet jeebus! I just got on there to see how much it would cost to move from ATT to them. For two Evo's, family plan, 4G service and insurance on both phones is $900 one time charge and $164/month. Granted, $200 of that one time charge is mail in rebates but fuck that!

For refrence I went to Verizons site and two Droid X's is $400 one time and $195/month for roughly the same thing without the 4g of course.

Almost $1k is hard to swallow to start service. I dont even want to think how much this will all cost me when my kids get old enough for phones.

**EDIT** Decided to check sprints site out again because that $900 didnt sound right. Come to find out I double clicked a phone so it isnt $900, its $600 and $200 of that is mail in rebate.
and in 1 year it's cheaper than verizon. I've been rocking my Evo now for going on 2 months and it's been a great phone. Exactly what I've been waiting for.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:27 PM
Lifer

I got an EPIC today and after messing with the EVO and Epic i love the epic and glad i got it.. waited for either the evo/epic to come in and the Epic came in first
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 06:14 AM
Time Served

Quote:

dont get verizon .. over played and over paid .. the droid x in my opinion is not as good as the EVO .. ive had the iphone and the evo and many other droid phones.. i just go sign up with someone and try a phone for 30 days then cancel before the 30days so i can get a review of the phone .. but i like the EVO most and i have been using it since right after it came out ..

"I'd rather be rich than stupid"
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 06:22 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
and in 1 year it's cheaper than verizon. I've been rocking my Evo now for going on 2 months and it's been a great phone. Exactly what I've been waiting for.
How is your battery life and what kind of usage do you give it?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 07:49 AM
Censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
At work around 5pm, my low battery warning kicks on. It will make it home and when I take a show I plug it in.

What I can't stand (this goes for all phones) is when the battery gets low. The phone turns on the screen, and every freaking 5% it turns it on again. Why drain the battery anymore just freaking beep at me.

Doors Done Rite
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattv View Post
I got an EPIC today and after messing with the EVO and Epic i love the epic and glad i got it.. waited for either the evo/epic to come in and the Epic came in first
OK let me ask again since no one responded in the other thread. What is so great about the Epic? Specs wise, the Evo is better at everything except for the physical keyboard so I dont understand why its so great. Can you elaborate on the two?
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 10:34 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
Occasional daily browsing will get you through the day. My suggestion is to buy the $10 eBay charger with 2 batteries, then it doesn't matter.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Doughnut Lover!

Quote:
OK let me ask again since no one responded in the other thread. What is so great about the Epic? Specs wise, the Evo is better at everything except for the physical keyboard so I dont understand why its so great. Can you elaborate on the two?
The only real thing I've ever read was that the screen/display was better for gaming.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadhead View Post
The only real thing I've ever read was that the screen/display was better for gaming.
Also, the Evo has a 30fps cap on the display so it doesn't feel as smooth when navigating/scrolling. I have a feeling this will be fixed in a future update though.

-Herb-
03 Torch Red Mach 1
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 02:27 AM
Formerly 5.0Vert

Quote:
one thing that will make a difference for your average user... the processor in the phone is alot more efficient, hence battery life will be better. I can't remember the exact specs on the processor atm.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement