DFW Mustang Forums banner

Youtube to MP4?

3K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  Jacquelinana 
#1 ·
Is it possible to take the audio from youtube videos and make it into a mp4?

#2 ·
Gimmea link and I'll see what I can do. I have a program that should do it but I'm not sure.

#3 ·
I too would love to know how to do this. There is a lot of stuff on youtube that I would like to be able to turn into cell phone ringers.

#4 ·
Can your phone not use mp3's? If it can, I can make those all day long.

#6 ·
#10 ·
I used Video Get. It gives you a CRAP load of formats to convert to and it's always worked. I've had some issues w/ different FF Add ons/extensions.

#8 ·
Adobe audition can record the audio as an mp3 file if I remember right, haven't used it in a few years.

#12 ·
You're correct about the formats. I got it off giveawayoftheday.com 2-3 yrs ago for free.

Here's the homepage for the program. It's normally 24.99 but they're offering a 20% off till the 1st of August.

#13 ·
I use a program called finaldownloader. It allows you to convert the youtube stuff into several formats, mp4 being one of them. Also converts to Sony PS3 and PSP formats.

Stevo

#18 ·
What hardware are you runnin CPU and GPU wise? Also, what OS?

Generally, it's better to run the console(command line) version. It'll stress the ever lovin piss outta your hardware. If you've oced and think it's stable, this will find any weak links. It's far harder than OCCT, W32Prime...

Performance wise, it depends on the priority level you give it as to how bad it'll affect your seat of the pants feel when you use your puter.

If you're genuinely interested in running F@H for the purpose it's intended(help find cures for major diseases like Alzheimer's...), join over there at pcpitstop and we'll get you set up the best way for your hardware.

EDIT: I'll welcome you in over there should you choose to join. The most knowledgeable are C_B, RAH and cmstpprr.

#19 ·
What hardware are you runnin CPU and GPU wise? Also, what OS?

Generally, it's better to run the console(command line) version. It'll stress the ever lovin piss outta your hardware. If you've oced and think it's stable, this will find any weak links. It's far harder than OCCT, W32Prime...

Performance wise, it depends on the priority level you give it as to how bad it'll affect your seat of the pants feel when you use your puter.

If you're genuinely interested in running F@H for the purpose it's intended(help find cures for major diseases like Alzheimer's...), join over there at pcpitstop and we'll get you set up the best way for your hardware.
My home rig is e8400, 2 8800GT's, 2 gig of OCZ sli ram. It is solid at 3.6G. My work pc is a qz9650, 2 GTX260's, 2 gig of OCZ ram. It's a water cooled rig, and I think it is stable, although I haven't messed with the clock too much on that one. Both of them are running XP. I would like to fold with both of them, mainly when they aren't in use (playing games, or doing 3d graphics for work), like over night, or when I'm at work. I'll sign up on the link you posted and get some more info.

#20 ·
SWEET! We'll be glad to have you on the team!

EDIT: Are you usin EVGA Precision to OC your GPU's?

#23 ·
For F@H, you wanna slow down the core and memory and ramp up the shaders. W/ the core and memory down it helps reduce heat and the shaders are the work horses of F@H.

Yes, you're working on a WU for F@H.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.