My laptop crashed and I lost Itunes - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Papa Smurf

My laptop crashed and I lost Itunes

I just got my new iPhone 4 and my laptop crashed earlier this week. Is there a way to transfer everything on my current 3Gs phone to another computer and then sync it back up so I can get my new iPhone 4 up and running? My 3Gs has all my music and movies and pics on it that I would want on my new one.

Thanks,

Greg

2008 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom (Weekend Cruiser)
2008 Hyundai Accent (Daily Driver)
2010 Camaro SS (Weekend Warrior)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 03:27 PM
dead

couple of options:

using itunes, you can only download back what you paid for. you can download a third party application to copy all your media back from your iphone and put it back on your computer. i dont like this way because its messy.

your best bet it to NOT format your laptop. assuming your hard drive doesn't have a physical malfunction, remove the hard drive and hook it up to another computer and recover your data.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion View Post
couple of options:

using itunes, you can only download back what you paid for. you can download a third party application to copy all your media back from your iphone and put it back on your computer. i dont like this way because its messy.

your best bet it to NOT format your laptop. assuming your hard drive doesn't have a physical malfunction, remove the hard drive and hook it up to another computer and recover your data.
Yep good advice.

Same thing happened to me a couple years ago and my phone had all my music but becuase my computer that had the original files crashed, itunes made me erase all the data on my phone and basically format it to use on the new laptop. It would not transfer the songs from the phone to the new computer. Obviously for pirating reasons but still sucked. I lost everything except what I bought through itunes.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 06:43 PM
phuk therd gier

so if you paid for a movie or something on itunes and you need to redownload it, will it charge you again?

04 converted V8
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 10:04 PM
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY04Mustang View Post
so if you paid for a movie or something on itunes and you need to redownload it, will it charge you again?
i know it never has on all my apps for my phone. pretty sure the music and movies works the same.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 07:40 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY04Mustang View Post
On my 3G I would have to find the app, act like Im buying it and at the last minute a popup will come up saying I have already purchased it and I will not be charged. So no, I have never been charged to download them again.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Time Served

If you had an itunes acct. Just open it on another pc and resync it.

87 dps-- briggs and straton blockzilla * you can't piss on - what you can't CATCH ........ SOMETHING/SOMEWHERE is still stock.

9 sec 4 banger coming soon!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 10:07 PM
mannish boy

sharepod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement