So who all is playing mmo's right now? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

So who all is playing mmo's right now?

When I quit WoW I went to Aion, not really enjoying that one as much but also think I'm finally done with MMO's. It's the same shit over and over, the only thing that helps is that it keeps me in at night instead of spending money on other crap. I don't want to go back to WoW and the only MMO I would go back to is EQ1 as I have always had something for that game, but really don't need to

Just curious who all still wastes time in MMO's.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Time Served

I and my future wife play WoW on Blackhand. We both have fun doing quests and dungeons together.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 05:37 PM
fuckcanada

I have year pre-paid left on my wow account, i play but not alot anymore.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 06:29 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
MMO's are just huge time sinks. I played EQ1 for a couple of years and unfortunately got my brother hooked on it who is STILL playing it. I think it's had like 30 some expansions or something. I was really addicted to playing it for awhile, but looking back I wonder how in the hell I was able to sit there for hours on end. lol. Those games just make you fat anyways. Sitting there at the keyboard for hours not doing shit and eating crap. I much rather spend my time at the gym these days.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Banned

I thought about checking out Star Wars:The Old Republic whenever it releases, but I'm more of a console compaign gamer. I love RPG's, but it seems like most of the shit squaresoft has been putting out recently has been garbage. FFXIII being ok at best. Mass Effect 2 was the shit. I just hope that there's another addition to The Elder Scrolls in the works.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Long Live T.S.

Playing Champions-online from time to time..and waiting for the New Stars Wars MMO to come out

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 10:15 PM
I hate ghetto niggers

I've always hated mmo's... but for some fucked up reason I got sucked into wow. Been playing for 5 years... two months ago took a break. Two weeks ago reactivated my accounts and all I do is run around IF. Shit is so boring, I've always liked pve but hate pvp. Have four 80's that are a wimpy 5.8gs but like I said... I don't really enjoy it anymore.

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 10:32 PM
mannish boy

I've never played one... when I play a new game that I enjoy, it eats up a LOT of time for the few days that it takes me to beat it. Once I beat it, I'm done. It's "fun", but it's not fulfilling or relaxing... so I refuse to play online and get sucked into all that
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 12:06 AM
KEK

Yep I'm still stuck on WoW. Anytime I think about switching games I just can't do it. I play quite a bit but I am still managing to take care of business in my personal life.

Here's my main
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...int+Apparition

03 Oxford White Cobra.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 12:44 AM
Banned

Location: If I listened to you, i would have a mustang just like yours!
Quote:
Originally Posted by f0ur sixer View Post
Yep I'm still stuck on WoW. Anytime I think about switching games I just can't do it. I play quite a bit but I am still managing to take care of business in my personal life.

Here's my main
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...int+Apparition
you have a bit more done than I do, I play in a semi-casual guild and we have trouble filling 2 nights of 25 mans

We are resetting our 10 man tommorow to kill LK. something we should have done long ago.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...or&n=totesaway
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 07:41 AM
Lifer

I play Final Fantasy 11. I've been playing for 7 years. And it is a HUGE time sink. I look back and say man i wasted so much effing time on this stupid game. I still play every now and then to keep in touch with my good friends on there but not hardcore like i used to.

I will end up getting Final Fantasy 14 a try as well as the Star Wars MMO. See if there is anything worth doing there. Aion looks pretty awesome I just don't have a computer that can handle it.

Don't talk about it! Be about it!
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Time Served

I use to be a big EVE Online player. I had six accounts, and became highly addicted to the game. I think it became a factor in my divorce... It became more like a second job that I was paying for LOL. I finally pulled myself out, and now just play SC and SC2 for stand alone games, and WoW with the woman. Occassionally pull out the flight simulator or a combat flight sim for variety. The thing I like about WoW is I can't get that addicted to it..after a few hours of play time it's boring and then it's time to do something non computer related... Oh then there is the PS3...but I haven't touched it in over a year, just don't have the time to mess with it right now.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Time Served

Oh yeah TM Nations/Unitied is a fun game to play as well.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Worship me

I still play occasionally but only do PVP stuff in Wow. I still enjoy it but don't stay on it that long. The random battlegrounds made it possible to be a very casual PVP player. I tried Eve and just couldn't get into it at all. The Star Wars the Old Republic MMO looks interesting and I think it may be the first serious competitor for Wow's playerbase. Although Blizzard will steal every innovative feature as soon as possible upon its open beta.

I don't play new games that often mainly because I refuse to pay $50 for a game that very well could suck. I still play Medieval II: Total War quite a bit and that game is showing its age but I can't get enough of strategy games like that.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 05:13 PM
makin' bacon

I haven't played WoW since February, decided to take a "game vacation" until it gets too hot outside to fish, then I figured I'd go back to playing again. Might not even do it then though, am really bored with it, so I might just wait until the expan releases.

Was kinda hard to bail because one of my toons was the main tank for our guild raids. I had to 'train' someone to take my place. It was also hard because my wife loves to play.

Someone else mentioned EVE, I played that game for a couple of years, until it got too damn laggy to do anything without dying every time to jumped through a gate, with a gate-camp waiting for you on the other side...

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 08:44 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

I've been playing Atlantica for the past few weeks. It's free and is a decent one, but then again, I haven't really played any good ones since the old days.

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Time Served

EQ1 > *

After I tore myself away from that, never going back to anything although my brothers trying to get me to play the new Star Trek MMO.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 10:45 PM
P1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRK5 View Post
I play Final Fantasy 11. I've been playing for 7 years. And it is a HUGE time sink. I look back and say man i wasted so much effing time on this stupid game. I still play every now and then to keep in touch with my good friends on there but not hardcore like i used to.

I will end up getting Final Fantasy 14 a try as well as the Star Wars MMO. See if there is anything worth doing there. Aion looks pretty awesome I just don't have a computer that can handle it.
i played FFXI for about 3 yrs before i finally gave it up, however it looks like i'll be trying out FFXIV if it ever gets released...im actually pretty hype about it

Oh! A phoneg is ringin....
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
i played FFXI for about 3 yrs before i finally gave it up, however it looks like i'll be trying out FFXIV if it ever gets released...im actually pretty hype about it
They're in Alpha/Beta testing right now. I pretty hyped about it as well as me and my ls from FF11 are going to make one big move. But i'm not sure if i'm gonna let it be a time sink like 11 was.

Don't talk about it! Be about it!
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 08:00 AM
Time Served

I didn't realize people still played those gay anime games anymore.

I've been playing an american football mmorpg http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=26091990

post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Lifer

I still like wow but I have no time for it anymore. I've had my accounts deactivated for a few months now.
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 06:36 PM
KEK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick96GT View Post
I didn't realize people still played those gay anime games anymore.

I've been playing an american football mmorpg http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=26091990
That looks like about as much fun as farmville.

03 Oxford White Cobra.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 08:32 PM
I hate ghetto niggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
I haven't played WoW since February, decided to take a "game vacation" until it gets too hot outside to fish, then I figured I'd go back to playing again. Might not even do it then though, am really bored with it, so I might just wait until the expan releases.

Was kinda hard to bail because one of my toons was the main tank for our guild raids. I had to 'train' someone to take my place. It was also hard because my wife loves to play.

Someone else mentioned EVE, I played that game for a couple of years, until it got too damn laggy to do anything without dying every time to jumped through a gate, with a gate-camp waiting for you on the other side...

Stevo

You had to "train" a new tank? If you had to train someone than that person is shitty! Unless he was brand new to the guild and bought his account on ebay. JK, how far were you guys before you quit.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 07:40 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0ur sixer View Post
That looks like about as much fun as farmville.
Yeah, a bunch of teenage girls team up to trade fucking sheep. Its a football role playing game - are you some kind of fluffer that doesn't enjoy football?

Oh wait, you play WoW - I understand now.

post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 11:55 AM
07 TBSS

I still play wow but not as much as I used to. Definitely gonna check out Civilization V when it comes out in Nov.

07 TBSS mods inc
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 06:19 PM
makin' bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCid View Post
You had to "train" a new tank? If you had to train someone than that person is shitty! Unless he was brand new to the guild and bought his account on ebay. JK, how far were you guys before you quit.
He wasn't new to the guild, but he had taken a 6 month 'wow vacation' and was just getting back. I just gave him a crash course.

We were just starting the last wing in ICC, I'm sure they have cleared it by now. Our guild isn't a hardcore raiding guild though, more like a bunch of old fogies that like to play. Just in this one raid group, we have two husband/wife teams playing. Hell, our guild leader is old enough to draw Social Security.

Stevo

Animal whisperings

Intoxicate the night

Hypnotize the desperate

Slow motion light

Wash away into the rain

Blood, milk and sky

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 08:41 PM
KEK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick96GT View Post
Yeah, a bunch of teenage girls team up to trade fucking sheep. Its a football role playing game - are you some kind of fluffer that doesn't enjoy football?

Oh wait, you play WoW - I understand now.
No I don't enjoy football. I guess you got to have something to do to get your fix when the season is out.

03 Oxford White Cobra.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement