Ebay flash drive fakes! - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Angry Ebay flash drive fakes!

Don't buy USB flash drives off of ebay. Just don't do it. They are counterfeit fakes. I got a 64GB "Kingston" drive on ebay, brand new in the package. The package looked legit, just like in the stores. The seller was a U.S seller supposedly, at least that's where it says that it shipped from, I guess that could be faked if you tried hard enough.

Also the guy had like a 99% positive rating, with something like 23K rep. And he took paypal, so with their buyer protection and all, he seemed legit. Wrong. Tried to RMA the drive through kingston and they said they won't cause it's fake. Lesson learned. Just wanted to tell others so that maybe it will happen to a few less people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
justinsn95 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Yes.....its a V6.
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,732
yup....i made the same mistake a couple of years ago buying a 32g card for my sons psp. plugged it in......and nothing.

These are the demands and sayings of Duncan.
Duncan is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Professional Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Closed Course
Posts: 6,665
So, how much $$ would you have saved if t was real/worked??
71chevellejohn is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
I think roughly $30. It wasn't all that much lower, yet it was enough to catch the eye. Ebay often has deals such as that, on perfectly legit items. So it was hard to dodge that bullet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
justinsn95 is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Lifer
 
Lason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: arlington
Posts: 11,144
I wont buy from any big ebay sellers for that same reason. I bought my Alpine CDA-9835 car radio a few years ago new off a big seller only to get it and have it have a defective face. The seller wouldnt respond to me even though all his feedback said he was very helpfull.

Fuck ebay!
Lason is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 08:46 AM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
I still get plenty of good deals that I'm perfectly satisfied with from ebay. However, I get what yall are saying.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Don't buy USB flash drives off of ebay. Just don't do it. They are counterfeit fakes. I got a 64GB "Kingston" drive on ebay, brand new in the package. The package looked legit, just like in the stores. The seller was a U.S seller supposedly, at least that's where it says that it shipped from, I guess that could be faked if you tried hard enough.

Also the guy had like a 99% positive rating, with something like 23K rep. And he took paypal, so with their buyer protection and all, he seemed legit. Wrong. Tried to RMA the drive through kingston and they said they won't cause it's fake. Lesson learned. Just wanted to tell others so that maybe it will happen to a few less people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
yup....i made the same mistake a couple of years ago buying a 32g card for my sons psp. plugged it in......and nothing.
You guys should contact the seller. I had it happen to me once on a PSP stick and it didn't work as well. I emailed the seller said i'd give negative feedback and they sent me a new one and it worked. I tossed the other one.

Don't talk about it! Be about it!
GSXRK5 is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 10:16 AM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
So it doesn't work?


Last edited by Magnus; 04-08-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Magnus is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Yes.....its a V6.
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRK5 View Post
You guys should contact the seller. I had it happen to me once on a PSP stick and it didn't work as well. I emailed the seller said i'd give negative feedback and they sent me a new one and it worked. I tossed the other one.
This was done and I did get the money back. But it is still a hassle i would rather not deal with if I didnt have to.

These are the demands and sayings of Duncan.
Duncan is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
This was done and I did get the money back. But it is still a hassle i would rather not deal with if I didnt have to.
you do have a point with the hassle but if you do get one that works and end up saving money kinda worth it imo.

Don't talk about it! Be about it!
GSXRK5 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome