maybe in 5-years or so, they'll figure out a way to make it useful enough for me to buy one...i definitely don't see a use for it now.
I actually do see a use for it, if it could replace all of the following (if done correctly):
1. Need for paper media (newspaper, magazines, comics, books, etc) - I mean a real replacement, not a "web version" of the same thing.
2. A universal remote (I'd like a multi-use, multi-room, multi-device capable, even if programable, remote functionality)
3. web conferencing portal (with a stand and a front mount web cam, it becomes a very useful way to talk to friends/family without lugging an entire computer around)
4. Home automation (I know there's some apps out now for iphone, etc, but I'd like to see a real stream lined interface/modules, for the everyday user to be able to use, and remotely too) - i.e. turn on the porch light from your device, when you'll be home late, fire up the TV/DVR and set shows to record, turn off the downstairs lights from bed.
5. Other replacements around the house (shopping lists, recipe list, how to guides/manuals)
I think there are a lot of uses for a pad style device like this in the home, as your "living room/kitchen family do all".
Something along those lines at least.