Jailbreak 3Gs 3.1.3.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!

Jailbreak 3Gs 3.1.3....

Please tell me how Had to get a new phone due to a defect in my last one. Now the new phone came with 3.1.3 and I can't figure out how to jailbreak it I need my phone jailbroke. Anyone able to help? I can't find anything
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Time Served

depending on your baseband, you may or may not be able to jailbreak it yet. more than likely you are SOL
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Rolling with the homies

Read my thread from earlier in the week Nick. There are a couple of us in the same boat already.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Lifer

The new software hasn't been done yet.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose View Post
Read my thread from earlier in the week Nick. There are a couple of us in the same boat already.
Link?? Can't seem to find it
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Professional Driver

Here's EJ's thread
https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=411038

There is a note in Cydia stating that they are not concentrating on 3.1.3, but more on 4.0 when it comes out.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!

Thanks man! Guess I'll just live with it for now
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

my screen has pixels going out on it, and i dont wanna get a new one under warranty cause i dont wanna lose my jailbreak... hope they come out with one soon...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 03:01 AM
You never go full retard

Nick just downgrade it to 3.1.2
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 09:19 AM
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan View Post
Nick just downgrade it to 3.1.2
can he downgrade since it's a new phone that came with 3.1.3?
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 11:35 AM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40 View Post
can he downgrade since it's a new phone that came with 3.1.3?
I don't see why he couldn't since it's just software based. Most of the 3.1.3 update was for itunes and safari. He should be able to google 3.1.2 firmware, find the actual file and download it. Before he loads that he'll need to make sure and back up all his files he wants to keep. From there it's as simple as plugging in the iphone, going to the restore page, holding down SHIFT while clicking restore, which should bring up a window where he can load the firmware. Load it up and then I'd go and find Blackrain and use that to jailbreak it.

I downgraded my ipod touch just last night to 3.1.2 just so I could jailbreak it.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Time Served

Quote:
I don't see why he couldn't since it's just software based. Most of the 3.1.3 update was for itunes and safari. He should be able to google 3.1.2 firmware, find the actual file and download it. Before he loads that he'll need to make sure and back up all his files he wants to keep. From there it's as simple as plugging in the iphone, going to the restore page, holding down SHIFT while clicking restore, which should bring up a window where he can load the firmware. Load it up and then I'd go and find Blackrain and use that to jailbreak it.

I downgraded my ipod touch just last night to 3.1.2 just so I could jailbreak it.
When you put firmware on your phone Itunes calls home to Apple to ask if it is the correct firmware.

Apple will not allow anything other than 3.1.3 to be restored on an iPhone. Not sure about iPod Touch.

There is a way around this but you had to have the phone jailbroken while on 3.1.2 and have cydia backup your verification codes (ECID SHSH signatures). Then you use Saurik's server instead of Apple to sign the firmware and allow it. Obviously, none of this is possible if you bought the phone with 3.1.3 on it.

'01 Bullitt #0054
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Professional Driver

It may be worth a shot to try what I did-(granted it takes a while if the phone is fully loaded)
From the other JB thread on here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
The Shift+restore wouldn't work, every time I clicked through it came up and said it was going to install 3.1.3. I think they took that option out of the newer version of itunes.

What I ended up doing was installing itunes 8.0 from oldversion.com ( I also had to install Quicktime 7.55) - I installed it on my netbook and itunes 8.0 allowed me to shift+restore like the other instructions listed. My ex-gf had sent me a link ( www.poorlad.com/icommnity/ ) that has a ton of old iphone OS firmware files available for download. After itunes 8.0 completed the firmware install I disconnected it and connected it to my main PC. It is restoring from the last sync I made before the screwup.
With that being said, my phone(3g) NEVER had 3.1.3 installed on it - I just did this to get back to where I could shift/restore to 3.1.2.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez View Post
my screen has pixels going out on it, and i dont wanna get a new one under warranty cause i dont wanna lose my jailbreak... hope they come out with one soon...
The screens can be replaced for $100 or less. I'd go that route before replacing the phone.

Chuck
2001 Black Bullitt (For Sale)
2009 Black JK Unlimited X, M6, 35's
www.imboc.com
Rob (Tweakd) Memorial 3/13/05
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
The screens can be replaced for $100 or less. I'd go that route before replacing the phone.
x2

My sister used the guy at http://www.dfwcellphonemedic.com/ to replace her screen on her iPhone 2g because she is on Tmobile and couldn't get a new iPhone.

The guy drove out to our house and fixed it in his car in about 20 minutes. We had a spare iPhone 2g that had a broken dock connector and just needed the screen swapped into her phone and he did it really cheap.

'01 Bullitt #0054
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 03:50 PM
$uper $low

Quote:

It's a much different story with the iphone 3gs.
It'll heavily depend on two things:

1. His baseband
2. If he backed up his iphone information with cydia or another server

If he has the older 3gs baseband, he can download a program (forgot the name right now), that will falsely sign the firmware and load it to his phone, jailbroken.

If it's the newer baseband, there isn't software available to do that yet, but if he backed up his phone's info via a cydia server or another means, he can have itunes falsely point to it for firmware verification, and downgrade the firmware.

If it's a newer baseband, and he didn't back up, or it's a brand new phone with 3.1.3 already, he's fucked for now.

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
It's a much different story with the iphone 3gs.
It'll heavily depend on two things:

1. His baseband
2. If he backed up his iphone information with cydia or another server

If he has the older 3gs baseband, he can download a program (forgot the name right now), that will falsely sign the firmware and load it to his phone, jailbroken.

If it's the newer baseband, there isn't software available to do that yet, but if he backed up his phone's info via a cydia server or another means, he can have itunes falsely point to it for firmware verification, and downgrade the firmware.

If it's a newer baseband, and he didn't back up, or it's a brand new phone with 3.1.3 already, he's fucked for now.
Additionally, if it's a newer baseband, even if you could jailbreak it, then it is only a tethered jailbreak.

This means everytime you turn your phone off, or it crashes and has to reboot, or the battery dies, you MUST plug it back into your computer when you turn it back on and use blackrain again because it will just display the itunes plug-in logo until you do.

'01 Bullitt #0054
Sponsored Links
Advertisement