Xbox Memebership - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
On a downward spiral

Location: in the land of the crazy and the wicked; a place far far away from reality; in a distant galaxy with demonic beings, a place only known as: crooked I
Xbox Memebership

ok so i have a regular xbox and want to get back into live. is the only way to get a membership,for regular xbox, to use the codes only?? can i will a live gold membership through xbox website allow me to log on with orig xbox is that only for 360??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof
Hopefully this storm will blow idrivea4banger's sig the fuck away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000
Someone who is able, needs to put the cock block on his ridiculous sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
and your sig causes distress in 74% of board members and 98% of migratory birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
No, your sig sucks like a whitegirl trying to get a promotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 01:22 AM
PVC Racing

just curious why do you want to play on xbox live on a regular xbox? there prolly won't be that many people playing those games. might be time for an upgrade to a 360.

"Less talkie talkie more ping pong"
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 01:24 AM
Mexican Crew

Anyone know if I can play Atari2600 online live?

Quote:
Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 01:26 AM
Formerly 5.0Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_376 View Post
Anyone know if I can play Atari2600 online live?
Yes, if you modify one of your toggle switches, I won't tell you which one though
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 03:03 AM Thread Starter
On a downward spiral

Location: in the land of the crazy and the wicked; a place far far away from reality; in a distant galaxy with demonic beings, a place only known as: crooked I
Quote:
Originally Posted by musclestang89 View Post
just curious why do you want to play on xbox live on a regular xbox? there prolly won't be that many people playing those games. might be time for an upgrade to a 360.

i dont see myself getting a 360 anytime soon. i just want to play live with my orig. oh im sure people will be playing those games. i couldnt find anything online. i know gamestop doesnt carry them anymore. i dont trust e-bay. i was just curious if i were to upgrade to gold member on website if it would work. i set up a silver and im just curious.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 03:59 AM
Time Served

or you could upgrade to a 360 anyway and take away the doubt, plus they are backwards compatible so you could still play xbox games. Whether or not anyone else will be playing is another story.

fast and cheap is not reliable...
reliable and fast is not cheap...
cheap and reliable is not fast...
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 05:03 AM
Formerly 5.0Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06S197GT View Post
or you could upgrade to a 360 anyway and take away the doubt, plus they are backwards compatible so you could still play xbox games. Whether or not anyone else will be playing is another story.
That depends on the game's developer/publisher, some games are not supported. Ask me how I know. Luckily they came out with a sequel for the 360 and it was just as badass as the original.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Lifer

I thought MS announced live will not be available for any original xbox systems and titles starting in april I thought.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
On a downward spiral

i tried looking in microsoft website. they dont sell them anymore. oh well i wont be getting a 360 anytime soon. i wouldnt play it enough anyways. i just wanted like a one month subscription. thanks anyways people.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangstang View Post
That depends on the game's developer/publisher, some games are not supported. Ask me how I know. Luckily they came out with a sequel for the 360 and it was just as badass as the original.
possibly, I was able to play Halo 2 on the 360 online

fast and cheap is not reliable...
reliable and fast is not cheap...
cheap and reliable is not fast...
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Formerly 5.0Vert

Found this from a couple sources, this one is from Microsoft.

A Letter from Marc Whitten: Discontinuation of Xbox LIVE for Original Xbox Games

Dear Xbox LIVE Members,

On April 15 we will discontinue the Xbox LIVE service for original Xbox consoles and games, including Xbox v1 games playable on Xbox 360 and Xbox Originals. I want to start by saying this isn’t a decision we made lightly, but after careful consideration, it is clear this will provide the greatest benefit to the Xbox LIVE community.

Seven years ago we laid out our vision for the connected console when we launched Xbox LIVE. We believed then that the power of the Internet to connect people would revolutionize living room entertainment. It started with amazing multiplayer games, and we’ve since seen that bet pay off again and again with the launches of Xbox 360, Marketplace, Netflix and powerful social features like Facebook, Twitter and Last.fm. None of this would have been possible without the success of LIVE as a multiplayer gaming network.

There’s no greater example of the power of the Xbox LIVE community than the “Halo” franchise. “Halo 2” has had an amazing run on LIVE, with a dedicated community more than five years after launch and well into the next generation of consoles. It has fundamentally changed the way we play video games. And while it’s difficult to see that run come to an end, the “Halo” franchise continues to act as the benchmark for multiplayer gaming in this generation, with “Halo 3,” “Halo 3: ODST” and soon “Halo: Reach” on Xbox 360.

Your Xbox LIVE community has grown to 23 million strong. And as we look down the road, we’ll continue to evolve the service with features and experiences that harness the full power of Xbox 360. To reach our aspiration, we need to make changes to the service that are incompatible with our original Xbox v1 games. We will contact the Xbox LIVE members directly impacted by this change and if this includes you, I encourage you to check your LIVE messages and associated e-mail account over the coming weeks for more details and opportunities. We view you as a partner in this process.

We’ll share more details soon, but in the meantime I want to assure you that the best is yet to come for Xbox LIVE. I believe we’ll look back on 2010 as a landmark year in gaming and home entertainment, and I couldn’t be more excited about what we have in store with “Project Natal” and LIVE. The LIVE community is the driving force behind everything we do, and it’s because of the community that ground-breaking experiences on Xbox continue to be possible.

See you on LIVE,

Marc Whitten

Gamertag - Notwen

www.twitter.com/notwen
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Formerly 5.0Vert

Also, Halo 2 was the biggest reason why they hadn't discontinued support for original xbox games, and that's the reason why you can't have more than 100 friends on your list. I'm looking forward to the discontinuation at least.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 07:49 PM
老师

Nothing mentioned about dedicated servers. Dammit. I'm tired of getting kicked from MW2 because of "host migration" problems.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Formerly 5.0Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiladin View Post
Nothing mentioned about dedicated servers. Dammit. I'm tired of getting kicked from MW2 because of "host migration" problems.
I don't think dedicated servers will ever on their lists. They're cheap bastards.

23 million users x 50ish $/yr.

That would offset the cost of dedicated servers by quite a bit wouldn't it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement