no it turns on but i get no beeps i took out his hard drive and put it on my computer and it kicks on and it picks it up so im assuming i bought a DoA motherboard i tried to take out the ram and everything but the proc and hsf and i took out the watch battery and replaced it and then turned it on and still no beeps... am i correct to a bad motherboard?
1. when it powers up but no beeps or screen thats called "NO POST"
2. Going to need the exact make and model of mobo, and ram ( did you check the timing?)
3. the "watch battery" is to backup your CMOS in case there is no power, taking it out wont clear your cmos unless you pull the power to the mobo, (some mobo have a jumper reset to clear cmos)
4. Is this onboard video or pci\pci express 16\pci express 16 2.0\ AGP?
5. once again, is this a store bought pc or did you build it...
I just reread your post, so with limited info, i can only assume you did the following errors. Some mobo's have been RMA'd but I think its user error on your part, and not the board.
1. The power switch (2 pin -\+) is not in the correct place or backwards. along with the reset pin\hd light pin\ pwr light pin
2. Your sata cable is loose (the usual symptom is the pc turns on but doesnt turn off or POST)
3. You did no plug in the atx power to the mobo correctly or and the 4 pin power plug
4. while replacing the cpu , you nicked it or did not wash your hands thus covering it in oil.
5. you shocked the board while installing cause of static .