$uper $low

Mass Effect 2.. . .. Tonight at Midnight

Yep, i'll be getting this at midnight.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 05:12 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

It's great, the opening sequence is fantastic, haven't played very deep into it yet, but I love the game as much as the original.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

Im not in the know on X Box games. What makes this the next big thing kind of like COD was?

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 05:44 PM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04 View Post
Im not in the know on X Box games. What makes this the next big thing kind of like COD was?
it's an RPG space opera... which had a great original, and the sequel is looking to be even better. Absolutely nothing like COD.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Formerly 5.0Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
it's an RPG space opera... which had a great original, and the sequel is looking to be even better. Absolutely nothing like COD.
is there a demo available? and if so how large is it? I may have to try it out. Also, what does it play like. One of the Final Fantasy type games, or more like Fable?
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 06:05 PM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangstang View Post
is there a demo available? and if so how large is it? I may have to try it out. Also, what does it play like. One of the Final Fantasy type games, or more like Fable?
MM, it plays similar to Fallout or Borderlands, however it's not a seamless environment - most missions end and transition through space voyages. Also it is a 3rd person shooter. I don't think a demo is out for it yet. It's 2 DVD's, so around 8+ gigs. There is a PC version as well as an Xbox version.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Formerly 5.0Vert

Quote:
MM, it plays similar to Fallout or Borderlands, however it's not a seamless environment - most missions end and transition through space voyages. Also it is a 3rd person shooter. I don't think a demo is out for it yet. It's 2 DVD's, so around 8+ gigs. There is a PC version as well as an Xbox version.
Haven't played either of those, watched the gameplay trailer and it seems like they're trying to wrap a whole lot of game types into one, I've heard Borderlands was good, might be worth a try
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 06:44 PM
CJ

Quote:
Haven't played either of those, watched the gameplay trailer and it seems like they're trying to wrap a whole lot of game types into one, I've heard Borderlands was good, might be worth a try
Well the series is almost legendary, you're not going to be disappointed. But, you might be a little lost in the story. It would probably be a good idea to get the original mass effect first. The best part is you can carry your character over.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Banned

The original game is awesome. I'll definitely be picking it up either tomorrow or Friday.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Time Served

will walmat be releasing it a walmart if so im going to pick iy up tonight to

post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Banned

I heard walmart is releasing it at best buy. J/K

I'm sure they'll have it available at midnight as well.
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
I heard walmart is releasing it at best buy. J/K

I'm sure they'll have it available at midnight as well.
Thanks i just called ebgames there doing a midnight release and i got some credit on m account and i guess it comes with some add ons if you pre order it

post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 07:59 PM
Time Served

Quote:
I dont know if youve played it but it play like Knights of the old republic

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
$uper $low

Loving the fucking shit out of this game.
Ran into a couple glithces so far, had to restart it one time, but i don't care. . it's just that fucking awesome. lol

post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 07:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
Ran into a couple glithces so far, had to restart it one time, but i don't care. . it's just that fucking awesome. lol
I ran into a couple of those in the first game, so I installed the game to my hard drive and played it that way with no problems. I'll either pick it up today at lunch, or after work.
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Lifer

Im picking up my reserved copy today but Im torn on what to do. I have a character on ME1 but I dont know if I want to continue that character. For one, he looks weird, I messed with the character creator and messed that up but played anyway. Also I made some choices Im not sure about at the end of the first one. Hmmmmm, I may have to play through the first one again first
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 12:18 PM
CJ

Quote:
did the chick get stuck when you were trying to station them at the blast door? That was the first one I ran into.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
$uper $low

Quote:
did the chick get stuck when you were trying to station them at the blast door? That was the first one I ran into.
First set of sentry drones i ran in to glitched on me. One went invisible, as if it wasn't there, but the targeting reticule was still there. I couldn't progress to the next door because it wouldn't unlock unless all the drones were killed. I'm just glad it happened early on, and right after a save.

post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Lifer

thats something else, are the auto saves more frequent? That pissed me off about the first one. Get to the end of a level and die then have to start about 15 minutes prior and do it all over again. I learned to periodically manually save real quick.
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Time Served

I have yet to get it but I feel at $60 bux any game is a ripoff hence why i dont play xbox games CJ
Is Magnus from here the Magnus I know? Mass effect is fun as hell btw! Just going to wait until it comes down in price a little or I might just wait so I have time to study. XD

post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 11:54 PM
I am a Motherfucker

i do want to play this game but after buying 10 xbox360's (alll broke)and the newest breaking 1 month out of warranty, im officially done with xbox products. I actually fixed my last one but further more seeing the scam they are doing charging 100 dollars for a 5 min fix.
post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 11:58 PM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_fiux View Post
I have yet to get it but I feel at $60 bux any game is a ripoff hence why i dont play xbox games CJ
Is Magnus from here the Magnus I know? Mass effect is fun as hell btw! Just going to wait until it comes down in price a little or I might just wait so I have time to study. XD
I think it's time you stop your Xbox crusade fight. Consoles will run down PC's, it's inevitable, it's time you accept it. No, he's not Zach...this magnus is much more funny.
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 07:41 AM
Banned

I'm about 14 hours into it and have yet to come across a glitch. I've recruited, Jack, the Salarian, Garrus, and just got done getting the Krogan. Done a decent amount of sidequests as well. Loving the hell out of it. Only a level 8 commando. Hell, somebody on my friends list is already at level 27 or something like that.
post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
$uper $low

I need to slow down and do more side quests. I'm 18 hours into it and level 14.
So far i've got garrus, jack, Zaaed, the solarian doctor, and Grunt. I've done the loyalty quests for all of them, except for Garrus.

post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Lifer

Dont know how many hours I got into it but Im suspecting about 14 hours or so. I got all the characters recruited except for the one on the far left, I dont know who it is. Im just doing all the characters side missions now before I go after the collectors.

Great game and far less glitchy than the first one. Only thing is, they could have spent more time with the cut scenes. If I see the illusive man stick his cigarette into his chin or nose one more time Ill go nuts, lol.

I think the improved combat is great, the story itself seems a bit stale though. Graphics look nice and there are quite a few choices in chicks to bang this go around
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lason View Post
Dont know how many hours I got into it but Im suspecting about 14 hours or so. I got all the characters recruited except for the one on the far left, I dont know who it is. Im just doing all the characters side missions now before I go after the collectors.

Great game and far less glitchy than the first one. Only thing is, they could have spent more time with the cut scenes. If I see the illusive man stick his cigarette into his chin or nose one more time Ill go nuts, lol.

I think the improved combat is great, the story itself seems a bit stale though. Graphics look nice and there are quite a few choices in chicks to bang this go around
Give Martin Sheen a break. He's getting old. I'm hoping the story picks up after recruiting everybody. The story in Mass Effect 1 didn't really get good until you destroy the cloning factory on Virmire.

(I haven't noticed the cigarette thing.)
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Lifer

Yeah my buddy came over last night and the first cut scene he saw with the Martin, he said "why is his smoke in his bottom lip?" and I cracked up because that was something my wife and I were laughing about earlier.

The main story line is decent, its the characters side missions story lines that are pretty dry. Last mission I did was Jacob Taylors mission and dayum. It was a fun level to play, a bit short but thats not a bad thing but it was a bit "dry" IMO.
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Lifer

FunFordCobra - if you have 11 broken xbox 360's I think you're the problem!

so should I go out and buy mass effect 1 before playing M E 2? I've obviously played neither

shm short block, vortech s trim, 3.55's, AFM power pipe,etc..
S/c cobra (me) vs N20 cobra race 2

S/c Cobra vs N2O Cobra Race 3
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Lifer

I would deffinetly play Mass effect 1. You can pick straight up from ME2 but you get perks in ME2 for importing your ME1 save file and youll be more filled in with the story as well. I bought ME1 a couple weeks ago for $19.99 at gamestop to see if ME2 would be worth reserving and I ended up getting it.
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 12:26 PM
CJ

Quote:
I would deffinetly play Mass effect 1. You can pick straight up from ME2 but you get perks in ME2 for importing your ME1 save file and youll be more filled in with the story as well. I bought ME1 a couple weeks ago for $19.99 at gamestop to see if ME2 would be worth reserving and I ended up getting it.
See, I imported my character from ME1 and didn't get anything at all except the same face structure. I was a level 35 soldier I believe.
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
See, I imported my character from ME1 and didn't get anything at all except the same face structure. I was a level 35 soldier I believe.
gotta be level 60 I believe and you get credits which I wouldnt sweat but the biggest thing is depending on how you play the first game will supposedly change how the 2nd plays out. Like depending on if wrex lives or not will decide if he is in the 2nd and also I banged liara in the first one and last night on ME2 I ran into her and she started kissing me.
post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
$uper $low

Quote:
gotta be level 60 I believe and you get credits which I wouldnt sweat but the biggest thing is depending on how you play the first game will supposedly change how the 2nd plays out. Like depending on if wrex lives or not will decide if he is in the 2nd and also I banged liara in the first one and last night on ME2 I ran into her and she started kissing me.
Did you kill the Rachni queen in the first one?

post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Did you kill the Rachni queen in the first one?
no, I saved her and I already heard from her in the second one as well.
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 07:01 PM
Time Served

i already beat the game ill just say the end boss is pretty crazy

post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Banned

Waiting to come across Ashley. Her and Garrus were my main team in ME1. Hoping to be able to keep that through the series.
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Time Served

You will be disappoited

post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Lifer

Played the first one, picked the game up Saturday and I'm in love with the game.

I only just got to Omega and picked up the Salarian. I imported my ME1 character. Soldier, lvl 42, saved Ashley, screwed Liara, saved Rachni Queen.

I'm actually looking forward to playing this game multiple times, not something I do often unless there is a lot of replayability and I can see this is going to be insanely replayable with the number of different decisions and having past judgement in ME1 attributing to the game initially.
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 02:49 AM
I am a Motherfucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schargedcobra97 View Post
FunFordCobra - if you have 11 broken xbox 360's I think you're the problem!
Yea, I game alot and am hard on my consoles. I remember the old xbox's were damn durable! The 360's (pre 2009) are just cheaply made... I liked the fact they had alot of good exclusive titles, but now its been confirmed P3 is getting the new Grandtheft Auto and Mass Effect 1 + 2 ported over so I'm not really missing the 360 as much. Sony's online interface does blow though.
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Very Interesting

Playing on the PC here, LVL 20, I have everyone's loyalty except the Legion.

I almost have 80% Paragon, I pissed off Miranda, then boned Jack, now she won't speak to me either

I never played Mass Effect 1, but I have a feeling I will now, and then come back and load the saved game, and play 2 again.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Lifer

Just beat the game the other night with characters at Lvl 24

Awesome last boss...

Failed Thane's Loyalty mission (not paying attention), had everyone else except Zaeed (didn't feel like it, going to go back now)

Not giving spoilers, but didn't make it out with everyone on the suicide mission
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Very Interesting

Beat it this weekend, pretty good game all in all. Started Dragon Age: Origins by bioware afterwards, and I'm not all that impressed, I'm not sure I like the game play.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
Sponsored Links
Advertisement