DFW Mustang Forums banner

iPhone 16GB or 32GB?

835 views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Spec5alive 
#1 ·
I'm going on Saturday to finally get my iPhone 3GS, but I'm debating whether to get a 16GB or a 32GB. 16 would probably be good enough for me, but I don't want to be stuck with 16 if I need more than that. I don't have too much music right now, maybe 200 songs, more will be added of course. I'll most likely have a lot of apps and I'd like to be able to play a full length movie at some point for a road trip etc.

What does everyone have? Opinions? Pros/Cons?

#2 ·
Pros, more capacity for EVERYTHING. I started with just music but now have my iPhone loaded with tons of pictures that I sync'd from my computer along with movies and podcasts. Cons, price. The 32GB isn't cheap but I wish I had gone with it now. Enjoy.

#7 ·
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll load my phone with a bunch of stuff. I've saved the money for it, so I might as well spoil myself :cool:

I went with the 32GB. I figured I'd kick myself for getting the smaller one later on down the road.
I went from a 8gb 3G to the 32gb 3GS. If you're going to spend the money, might as well go ahead and spend the extra $100 for double the capacity.
That's what I was thinking too.

that's what i think as well. i got my wife a 16gb 3g first, which was the largest capacity that they had at the time, and she filled that thing up with a quickness. she has a 32gb 3gs now (as do i) and i'm sure that she'll upgrade to a larger one when they come out because she's quickly filling that one up too. she has tons of music!
I think I'll get the 32GB.

Thanks guys!

#5 ·
that's what i think as well. i got my wife a 16gb 3g first, which was the largest capacity that they had at the time, and she filled that thing up with a quickness. she has a 32gb 3gs now (as do i) and i'm sure that she'll upgrade to a larger one when they come out because she's quickly filling that one up too. she has tons of music!

#8 ·
Certainly wouldn't hurt to wait until next week but most of the rumors I've been hearing also point to a new iPhone OS (4.0) version that has a lot of ties to the iTablet that they are talking may get it's debut next week. I think the new OS is more likely than a new iPhone right now.

Better buy some Apple stock now LOL!

#13 ·
I've got a 16Gb iPod Touch and I've got a 1000+ songs, 10 dvd's on it, a bunch of apps, my complete phonebook & address book and still have several gig worth of space left on it... If you're using more then that then you spend way too much time on your phone IMO.

#14 ·
For those that travel, movies for plane rides are a must, I also drive a lot so I've got a LOT of music, books can be had, poscasts, etc. I bought this hoping I won't have to buy another new phone for a long while. I have apps and games for the kids, etc. Hopefully it will last a few years.

#17 ·
I got a 32g 3gs a couple weeks ago because I dropped my bb in some oil. I'm still finding out shit I can do with this thing. I'm still trying to figure out how to load some apps that "I made" onto it without having to jb. If anyone knows how, hit me up. I love it. It only took me about a day to get used to the keyboard.

#18 ·
I'm afraid it'll probably take me a while to get used to the keyboard. I have a Voyager right now, and it has a full keyboard that are actual buttons, easy to type. But the iPhone is not fingernail sensitive, and I use my nails for everything. I'll most likely be doing the 1 finger poke typing for a while lol

#21 ·
I did read the other day that there may be a 4G iPhone this summer. But I think I'd be happy with a 3GS for a couple of years while the 4G's price drops by the time I'm ready to upgrade.
I already knew that, but it doesn't mean it'll happen. Plus, I don't like buying brand new, just released phones... let em' work out the glitches/bugs and let the price drop a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.