iPhone 16GB or 32GB? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

iPhone 16GB or 32GB?

I'm going on Saturday to finally get my iPhone 3GS, but I'm debating whether to get a 16GB or a 32GB. 16 would probably be good enough for me, but I don't want to be stuck with 16 if I need more than that. I don't have too much music right now, maybe 200 songs, more will be added of course. I'll most likely have a lot of apps and I'd like to be able to play a full length movie at some point for a road trip etc.

What does everyone have? Opinions? Pros/Cons?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Rolling with the homies

Pros, more capacity for EVERYTHING. I started with just music but now have my iPhone loaded with tons of pictures that I sync'd from my computer along with movies and podcasts. Cons, price. The 32GB isn't cheap but I wish I had gone with it now. Enjoy.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

I went with the 32GB. I figured I'd kick myself for getting the smaller one later on down the road.

Chuck
2001 Black Bullitt (For Sale)
2009 Black JK Unlimited X, M6, 35's
www.imboc.com
Rob (Tweakd) Memorial 3/13/05

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Resident Epicurean

I went from a 8gb 3G to the 32gb 3GS. If you're going to spend the money, might as well go ahead and spend the extra $100 for double the capacity.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 01:41 PM
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
I went from a 8gb 3G to the 32gb 3GS. If you're going to spend the money, might as well go ahead and spend the extra $100 for double the capacity.
that's what i think as well. i got my wife a 16gb 3g first, which was the largest capacity that they had at the time, and she filled that thing up with a quickness. she has a 32gb 3gs now (as do i) and i'm sure that she'll upgrade to a larger one when they come out because she's quickly filling that one up too. she has tons of music!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Lifer

I would seriously wait... until at least next week. They're debuting another iphone on the on the 27th of this month. It might be just a software difference... it might be something bigger than that.

http://blogs.computerworld.com/15430..._find_out_soon

You'll feel like an idiot for buying one now when it will be outdated in 60 days.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose View Post
Pros, more capacity for EVERYTHING. I started with just music but now have my iPhone loaded with tons of pictures that I sync'd from my computer along with movies and podcasts. Cons, price. The 32GB isn't cheap but I wish I had gone with it now. Enjoy.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll load my phone with a bunch of stuff. I've saved the money for it, so I might as well spoil myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I went with the 32GB. I figured I'd kick myself for getting the smaller one later on down the road.
Quote:
That's what I was thinking too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40 View Post
that's what i think as well. i got my wife a 16gb 3g first, which was the largest capacity that they had at the time, and she filled that thing up with a quickness. she has a 32gb 3gs now (as do i) and i'm sure that she'll upgrade to a larger one when they come out because she's quickly filling that one up too. she has tons of music!
I think I'll get the 32GB.

Thanks guys!
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif View Post
I would seriously wait... until at least next week. They're debuting another iphone on the on the 27th of this month. It might be just a software difference... it might be something bigger than that.

You'll feel like an idiot for buying one now when it will be outdated in 60 days.
Certainly wouldn't hurt to wait until next week but most of the rumors I've been hearing also point to a new iPhone OS (4.0) version that has a lot of ties to the iTablet that they are talking may get it's debut next week. I think the new OS is more likely than a new iPhone right now.

Better buy some Apple stock now LOL!

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:

I just skimmed though that article quickly; but looks like it's saying there will be a 4.0 OS update for the phone, which would apply to the 3GS I'm getting. Did I miss something else though?

I did read the other day that there may be a 4G iPhone this summer. But I think I'd be happy with a 3GS for a couple of years while the 4G's price drops by the time I'm ready to upgrade.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 03:23 PM
CHAMPION

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose View Post
Certainly wouldn't hurt to wait until next week but most of the rumors I've been hearing also point to a new iPhone OS (4.0) version that has a lot of ties to the iTablet that they are talking may get it's debut next week. I think the new OS is more likely than a new iPhone right now.

Better buy some Apple stock now LOL!

yeah at $210 plus bucks per share.....psssht! I watch aapl on my stocks from the phone... They expensive!

I have 32gb, you could wait but then again the new thing will have its bugs itself...

Im still diggin my 3.0.1 version jailbroke and tethered internet. I know the new jailbrakes are out for 3.1.2 but I think they suck

2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 04:25 PM
How you doin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt3246 View Post
yeah at $210 plus bucks per share.....psssht! I watch aapl on my stocks from the phone... They expensive!

I have 32gb, you could wait but then again the new thing will have its bugs itself...

Im still diggin my 3.0.1 version jailbroke and tethered internet. I know the new jailbrakes are out for 3.1.2 but I think they suck
i went ahead and took the plunge and upgraded to 3.1.2...there's really nothing that i can see better than 3.0.1, but you can easily get the tethering back. it's supposed to have voice dial over bluetooth, but i haven't searched around to find it and try it yet.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

ive got the 8 now, when i get the new one im gonna try to get a 32...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 06:43 PM
You never go full retard

I've got a 16Gb iPod Touch and I've got a 1000+ songs, 10 dvd's on it, a bunch of apps, my complete phonebook & address book and still have several gig worth of space left on it... If you're using more then that then you spend way too much time on your phone IMO.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan View Post
I've got a 16Gb iPod Touch and I've got a 1000+ songs, 10 dvd's on it, a bunch of apps, my complete phonebook & address book and still have several gig worth of space left on it... If you're using more then that then you spend way too much time on your phone IMO.
For those that travel, movies for plane rides are a must, I also drive a lot so I've got a LOT of music, books can be had, poscasts, etc. I bought this hoping I won't have to buy another new phone for a long while. I have apps and games for the kids, etc. Hopefully it will last a few years.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Gunga galunga

I went from the 8gig 2g to the 32gig 3gs... With 32gigs I can keep enough music on it that I sold my ipod to pay for the difference. I like being able to gym etc and just having my phone with me...

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
For those that travel, movies for plane rides are a must, I also drive a lot so I've got a LOT of music, books can be had, poscasts, etc. I bought this hoping I won't have to buy another new phone for a long while. I have apps and games for the kids, etc. Hopefully it will last a few years.
That's pretty much what I'm aiming for.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Banned

I got a 32g 3gs a couple weeks ago because I dropped my bb in some oil. I'm still finding out shit I can do with this thing. I'm still trying to figure out how to load some apps that "I made" onto it without having to jb. If anyone knows how, hit me up. I love it. It only took me about a day to get used to the keyboard.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
I got a 32g 3gs a couple weeks ago because I dropped my bb in some oil. I'm still finding out shit I can do with this thing. I'm still trying to figure out how to load some apps that "I made" onto it without having to jb. If anyone knows how, hit me up. I love it. It only took me about a day to get used to the keyboard.
I'm afraid it'll probably take me a while to get used to the keyboard. I have a Voyager right now, and it has a full keyboard that are actual buttons, easy to type. But the iPhone is not fingernail sensitive, and I use my nails for everything. I'll most likely be doing the 1 finger poke typing for a while lol
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Speaking of which..... anyone need an LG Voyger and/or a G'zOne for Verizon?
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Lifer

I don't know if this has been posted yet or you already got your phone. But i'd wait apple is supposed to be announcing new stuff i think next week. Might be a better iphone. But i'd wait.

Don't talk about it! Be about it!
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRK5 View Post
I don't know if this has been posted yet or you already got your phone. But i'd wait apple is supposed to be announcing new stuff i think next week. Might be a better iphone. But i'd wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec5alive View Post
I did read the other day that there may be a 4G iPhone this summer. But I think I'd be happy with a 3GS for a couple of years while the 4G's price drops by the time I'm ready to upgrade.
I already knew that, but it doesn't mean it'll happen. Plus, I don't like buying brand new, just released phones... let em' work out the glitches/bugs and let the price drop a bit.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I already knew that, but it doesn't mean it'll happen. Plus, I don't like buying brand new, just released phones... let em' work out the glitches/bugs and let the price drop a bit.
Well more than likely it will happen. They've done so every year why not now? But you are right as far the glitches/bugs but it was just an idea.

Don't talk about it! Be about it!
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Adrenaline is my ABS.

for sure get the 32 gig, it resells for more, so spend the extra hundred bucks and sell it for 200 more down the road.

1985 Mustang GT "MNM"
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRK5 View Post
Well more than likely it will happen. They've done so every year why not now? But you are right as far the glitches/bugs but it was just an idea.
If I had more patience, I MIGHT be able to wait lol But I've been waiting for almost a year for my Verizon contract to end so I can get an iPhone. I just can't wait anymore! ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Osh10 View Post
for sure get the 32 gig, it resells for more, so spend the extra hundred bucks and sell it for 200 more down the road.
That's also another upside to it, which was taken into consideration. I'm definitely going with the 32GB tomorrow.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Lifer

Quote:
If I had more patience, I MIGHT be able to wait lol But I've been waiting for almost a year for my Verizon contract to end so I can get an iPhone. I just can't wait anymore! ha ha

That's also another upside to it, which was taken into consideration. I'm definitely going with the 32GB tomorrow.
I would wait... be patient. This is THE phone you'll have to live with for the next 2 years which means by then you'll be 3 generations out of date.

Yes there will be an OS upgrade for existing phones but there will be a hardware change on this iphone. Not major, but worth waiting for.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
I would wait... be patient. This is THE phone you'll have to live with for the next 2 years which means by then you'll be 3 generations out of date.

Yes there will be an OS upgrade for existing phones but there will be a hardware change on this iphone. Not major, but worth waiting for.
I'm actually ok with being a bit "out of date", it's not like it'll be considered a dinosaur or anything lol. Like I said previously, I don't prefer to have brand new technology anyway. So if the new iPhone is a phone I really want, I can wait until next year to get one. No biggie.

I appreciate everyone's input. Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement